Megatron TFC6 reissue transformation problem

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by yojoe007, Mar 28, 2009.

1. yojoe007

yojoe007 Member

Hi, I've finally gotten hold of a TFC6 Megatron - and have had more problems than I think I should transforming him. I did a bit of a search here but couldn't really understand if my problem was the same as other peoples :-S

It's hard to describe. Essentially, when I swing the barrel around to transform him into Alt mode, I have difficulty locking the barrel in place. There is a small lug on the top of the barrel at the breech end, that locks in to a matching hold on the upper inside RHS of his chest. When you click the chest down to hide his electronic abs - it is a bit fiddly, but to do it with the gun barrel in place, near impossible. It wants to push the barrel back out rather than clamp down nicely. Should I be pushing the chest down on the barrel on the front first, then back last (when the slide part with the hammer and sight mount are folding down), or should the whole chest clamp down together (I realise ultimately it should, but in transforming process).

I realise this sounds quite complex but it's really just a small problem that needs lots of words to describe accurately. I have inspected to see if there are any bent parts as I have read were quite common with TFC QC, but couldn't notice anything - any hints where I should be looking?

Any ideas greatly appreciated! Cheers

2. yojoe007

yojoe007 Member

And while I'm at it... because I've spent so much time looking at this view attempting to problem solve, I've noticed two chips in the chrome, circled below... is this typical, or have I got a bad Megatron?

[​IMG]

3. d*r*j*

d*r*j* Active Member

I actually had the same problem... as far as I can tell. I think it all comes down to the order in which you transform the seperate parts. Just play around with him and it should all come good. Sucks that you damaged the chrome trying though...

4. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I had my TFC Megs out a couple of nights ago, he's my 'everyday' Megs.

Mine is fine, the chest should push down as one, i.e. both sides going down at the same time.

Megs is my joint favourite TF, so I've got a few of him, I've never come across the problem you mention, but I think I remember reading that Encore Megs has a similar problem (I've not picked up Encore yet).

5. rodimusconvoy

rodimusconvoy Well-Known Member

My TFC Megs had that issue, however, my Encore one is just fine.

6. yojoe007

yojoe007 Member

That's the thing - I didn't damage the chrome, that's how it was out of the box!

7. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Refund!!!

As far as the gunbarrel issue goes,you shouldnt have to force it to lock it in place so the best thing I can tell you is re-check the instructions but for the chipped chrome,seeing as how its a new toy,I would return it and ask for either a replacement or a refund.

8. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

Sounds like part of the firing mechanism is getting stuck when you are trying to transform the chest. My encore megs does this and all I have to do is angle the tab so it fits into the slot. Might be bent a little which is preventing it from going down.