megatron & starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by supernova222, Mar 19, 2012.

1. supernova222

supernova222 Circle of Light

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    am i the only one who doesn't like the way things are going in TFP series. i may be old fashioned but what i liked about the megatron and starscream relationship was that it was always there

they were always shoulder to shoulder, and you just had to wonder when starscream was gonna try something again or when megatron was gonna beat him into place again, that was the great thing, it was always guaranteed to happen

that why i started to not like transformers animated, starscream was barely in it, and when he was he was against megatron. thats what made season 3 so special to me because they were together again, cooperating and working towards the same goal but neither trusting the other and always insulting each other.

now it looks like TFP is falling into the same rut, it was alright for a few episodes after megs revival but then starscream went rogue and screwed it all up. starscream is a decepticon who is trying to take over, so where is that factor if he isn't a decepticon any more, making it so he can scheme against megs. what we need is for him and megs to cooperate and join up again so it can all be right again

am i the only one who thinks this or what?

2. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually like Starscream as a neutral.

3. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

You can't keep doing the same thing over and over. You have to be fresh.

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Honestly TFP Starscream is what I want....except that I'd have Starscream change and in order to escape Karma's wrath he tries to live a more honorable life and struggles to be good and eventually dies for the grater good ala Armada Starscream.

No Honor, just making sure he doesn't get screwed over any more.

5. supernova222

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well. now things are getting back on track, with the new tfp episdoe in 2 weeks will have megatron and starscream together again :) 

6. NeverDoubt

NeverDoubt Well-Known Member

I definitely agree that Starscream was always the most compelling as a character when he was able to bounce off Megatron. But being alone for a while works too as long as it has a purpose in further developing his personality.

7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The kind of Starscream I'd like to see would be a fallen hero sort of character, who would start out as an anti-villain, and would undergo a bit of a face-heel turn when he realizes that the Decepticons have become evil, rather than simply being well-intentioned freedom fighters like they used to be. He'd get character development and become an anti-/tragic hero, and would end up sacrificing himself to help Optimus kill Megatron.

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yeah that would be my ideal Starscream.

9. AxionPrime

AxionPrime Well-Known Member

I think the last half of that happened in Armada.

10. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    doesn't matter to me. I'd like to see more starscream but he's kicking aft

11. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Back together and it feels so good. I just had to say it.

12. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    :dj 

13. Darkscream

Darkscream Well-Known Member

Starscream is a traitorous backstabbing cunning opportunistic wretch, thats what makes him such a beloved character. Armada Starscream was the least starscreamy-ish Starscream that ever bore the name. I sort of agree with the OP, in that i loved watching him constantly try (and fail) to betray and dethrone Megatron for leadership in G1. But at the same time, i can see how that type of repetitive story would not fly anymore with current audiences. The route they took with TFP Starscream seems to be the best way to address his character in the more modern age. But he should NEVER grow to be more honorable. That just wouldnt be "Starscream" anymore. He's fun to watch, but he's not a growth character. The only evolution that would fit the character is learning to be more opportunistic and more cunning to the point of succeeding in taking over the Decepticons.

14. jackDarcee

jackDarcee Arcee lover

I love the G1 screamer too...love him as foil to megs....God knows the autobots arent that great as foils..lol

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Well if any of you watched the Season 3 clip on the front page....
    Starscream is back with the cons and Dreadwing isn't

16. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I actually like the interaction between these two. Is not G1 but its very similar in spirit. I mean, Starscream IS still trying to take the command of the DEcepticons from MEgatron.
    Sure he is a rogue now but that gives him a lil extra, right? Like that time he had to sneak in the Con ship to get energon. It was also the same situation that forced him to join MECH and we all remember how that ended. ^^
    As for MEgatron, he is still pretty much using Starscream as his personal punching bag.
    HAving them together at the end of this season and the beginning of Season 3 sounds very fun to see. ^^

17. supernova222

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i honestly wish that screamer wasnt such a coward, that he could at least stand up for himself and tell megatron off sometimes, even if it got him beat up he would have some dignity

i mean sometimes you have to wonder that with the way he is, how/why was he megatron's second in command AT ALL

18. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

LOL, if he had dignity, Megatron would beat it out of him just to set an example.

He's second-in-command because he's resourceful, pragmatic and intelligent. He may be a coward, but he's deceptive.

Besides, no-one else- till Airachnid and Dreadwing showed up- was really fit for second-in-commanding.

19. supernova222

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    aaaaaah, soundwave or shockwave

20. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Yes, Shockwave would be a very good second-in-command.

If he'd actually been on Earth.

As for Soundwave, it's fairly obvious he's in a tier on his own. Megatron knows Soundwave doesn't fail him, so he can pick out some other guy to see how well they do.