Megatron/Starscream, G1 portrayed well in ROTF?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Starscreamer95, Jun 29, 2009.

1. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    I loved how brilliantly well both characters were portrayed in this film, all that was missing was Starscream trying to overthrow Megatron's Decepticon rule.
    Starscream been a suck up was so loveable and Megatron tossing the theme aside was win.

"My master, Megatron, I was so pleased to hear of your, uh, ressurection."
    "You left me to die on that planet."
    "I was been stratagetigeticlle, someone, had to take command."
    "There is no command, but mine!"

Did anyone else feel that it was like G1 come to life?

2. Vengeance1701

Vengeance1701 Well-Known Member

Oh, definitely. I liked it very much so.

Of course, compared to the first one....ANY interaction longer than five seconds is welcome.

3. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    :D 

And yes, I loved everything about Megatron and Starscream in the film. The scene you quoted is probably my favourite part of the movie (Megatron's ressurection included).

4. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    From the Constructicon's been on the boat, all the way too Starscream clutching a dead Protoform and complaining about the Energon limits gave me one long spine chill... and a nerdgasm... :D :D :D 

5. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

yes I liked it alot. I thought the voices sounded a little more threatening in the first movie, but the interaction between the 2 was very good.

Possibly the best acting in the film.

6. Starscreamer95

News Credits:
    "The best actors are the fake ones"

7. Spoon

Spoon Banned

No.

It was portrayed as though it was assumed knowledge by this point.

8. Agonize

Agonize Decepticon

"Not to call you a coward Sir ... but sometimes cowards DO survive"

9. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

Oh yeah. Although Screamer never shot Megatron in the back, the "I'm in charge, not you" vibe was definetly there, and Starscream's squabbling about under Megatron's foot clearly showed a hint of claiming superiority over him. Though we missed out on seeing just what Starscream did to make Megatron think he was trying to usurp command from him...

Opinion. I really don't see how.

10. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

That's why the Nemesis meeting was my favorite scene!

I liked the argument on the building too. "I can't even rely on you to get rid of one single insect!"

I also noticed Hugo Weaving's voice acting was a lot better in this one. Charlie Adler sounded less robotic, but he also sounded a lot more like Chris Latta this time, so it was nice.

11. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

It was nice to see, but was not done well. Had no bearing on the previous movie and felt like they threw it in to appease the fans. Yes, Starscream is a coward but he is more complex than that. He is actually one the best Decepticon fighters which is why Megatron needs him and that was not shown in the movie. If he was so cowardly and useless, then why would he be kept around and by Megatron's side?

Oh yeah, film is bloody shite by the way. ILM and VA's, only saving graces.

12. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Well, after Megatron's ridiculously rushed revival, and he miraculously ended up in space, he was treating Starscream like his bitch, as though this is what everyone expected to happen after seeing the first movie.

13. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

The interaction completely changed the dynamic the first movie set.

Which I liked the somewhat familiar interaction of those two the thing it had forgotten was although Starscream was afraid of megs he would usually quip something back to truly piss of megs to send him on a verbal tirade.

They missed an opportunity there when they mysteriously all of a sudden were carrying the fallen around with them.

What happened to him being trapped in another dimension. Even more hilarious what happened that they had to give the Fallen a mouth he looked better with out it. Is it somehting they just have to do to the Primes. lol Overall the interaction was nice to see but it was completely lacking in context much like the entire film

14. binglesbot

binglesbot Well-Known Member

Right after being all tough guy with that statement he runs to his master the Fallen. I face palmed a little. And he was completely loyal to the Fallen for the rest of the show. I thought that was a little out of character for Megatron. Even Vader never hid his plans to kill his Emperor.

With Starscream, he was portrayed too much as a coward and not a treacherous coward. The treachery was subtle but I felt he could've driven it further by trying to take out Megatron at the end when Megatron had half a face and even less of his good arm. With Megs 'dead' and the Fallen out of the way, Starscream could rule the Decepticons.

15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    All of this. Too much suck up, with NO ATTITUDE. They did a decent job, but even a sarcastic quip as Megs lay defeated would have made up for it. Hope they remember the treachery next time.

16. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Oh for God's sa--

This is so ridiculous, no matter what they did in the movie, IT'S WRONG (apparently).

Everyone complains about Optimus "doing nothing" in the 1st movie, they make him do a lot in this one and now it's Optimus is "too much of a hard ass". And now, instead of "Starscream and Megatron had barely any familiar interaction" it's "They had interaction, but it was WRONG WRONG WRONG! :cry  "

How in the HELL can you be so hard to please?! My gosh...

17. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

It's a no-brainer the guy hates anything and EVERYTHING related to movie an always will nothing every will please him.

18. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Just because someone criticizes some small aspect doesn't mean they hate the whole product.

That being said, I hated this movie but absolutely loved the scene on Mars.

19. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    Personally, i loved the Megs/SS interaction. It was definitely for the fans and i appreciate it!

20. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

Then you have never seen Conceptron's rants since the first pictures back in 2007 came out havent you?