Megatron: Reissue vs. MP

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Paradigm-Shift Prime, Dec 28, 2006.

1. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

Well, my place in Toronto has both up for preorder (for January and March), and I'm having a hard time deciding, so I thought I'd get a discussion going.

I know 98% of you will post 'MP hands down, what are you crazy?', so if you are favorable of the MP release, try to post a couple of ups and downs of both or something if you can.

Obviously the MP looks nicer, but I still think I'm leaning towards the Reissue because:

-MP chest and face look awesome, but bottom half of bot mode looks just as silly and non-leg like as the original

-MP doesn't have the barrel and stock attachments, and the gun (as does the original Megs) looks too 'back heavy' without them

-the sight seems ridculously over-sized, perhaps to accomodate the laser function?

-when the bot mode still looks not very bot like, I'm more into the nostalga of having a replacement for my original Megs from G1 long ago lost

2. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I thought most people had a G1 Megs reissue already, what with the D-16 special and Book reissue.

Eeeeeeeh, I'd say go for the MP, because after its released you never know, maybe the G1 reissue price will drop?

3. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Yeah I've passed on the Megs reissue opportunities before as I've never really thought of the bot mode as being even remotely worthy of being displayable.

Until recently, I've been a very discriminatory transformer buyer though. And I generally stayed away from the Japanese-import-big dollar kinds of purchases, and large bots in general (they aren't so fun to set up for battles on model villages like I do). Lately, though, everything seems to have changed. There's even a small voice in me that whispers 'get both' but that seems excessive to my mind and my wallet.

4. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    That voice is probably me.

get both...

5. Th0r4z1n3

Th0r4z1n3 PlastiqueBoutique.com Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    well do me a favor... next time im in wal-mart don't wisper in my ear, i dont need the encouragement. whisper in my gf's ear "let him get both"

6. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I second that!

7. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Hey at least he can kneel. Much better leg articulation.

Pffft then take off the scope. Do you really wanna run around pretending you're the Man from U.N.C.L.E.?
    But really, I guess some people are just too attached to these, well attachments.

The scope is just as oversized in proportion to the body as the G1 toy is. In fact it's even a little less so. In one of the older MP Megs threads someone pasted a scaled down image of MPs gun mode over G1s gun mode and MP had the smaller scope. And how cool is the laser sight?

Well if this is really what's important to you then you might as well nullify all your previous points. As for me, I know this is gonna be a freakin awesome figure along the lines of the Alternators/BTs/KPs, MPs (yes even Ultra Magnus), 1/48 Yamato Valkyries, Soul of Chogokins, and all those great figures to come out of Japan.

8. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Ooh, seems like someone was just waiting for this one to get posted. This is why I mentioned:
    "I know 98% of you will post 'MP hands down, what are you crazy?', so if you are favorable of the MP release, try to post a couple of ups and downs of both or something if you can."

9. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

bothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothbothboth
    :D 

10. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Banned

Okay here's the ups and downs of G1 Megs.

Pros:
    Comes with the silencer and stock
    Nostalgia (of the toy, MP can do the same but of the character)
    Diecast (so does MP)
    Easier to hold in gun mode

And that's really all I can think of for pros

Cons:
    Poor articulation
    Trigger crotch
    Bad proportions
    Not as cartoon accurate
    The scope is just as big compared to the body
    Ugly head

11. MegaPrime33

MegaPrime33 Follow me @NerdActivist

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    It's a tough debate, but I would say get MP megs. I think you should have no problem getting either the original or reissue later on down the line.