Megatron Recoloured *spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by kjeevahh, Aug 29, 2006.

1. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    With all this talk of the designs being at an early stage, it seems pretty clear to me what the early stage is - that the designs aren't coloured. After all, there's no way that that silver shiny blackout robot mockup could possibly change into his dull grey/green alt.

So here are a couple of quick and dirty colour-ins of the megatron pictures, just to give you some idea of what he MIGHT POSSIBLY look like once they've applied the colour - although i have to say, with bumblebee and prime, it looks like they are sticking quite closely to the G1 colours, so it should follow that megatron, the other 'main' character, would also have similar colouring to G1.

[​IMG]

Also, as the design for megatron to my mind looks more influenced by the design of galvatron (3 pointed helmet, shoulder jets etc) rather than G1 megatron, here is a galvatron-coloured version too:

[​IMG]

Not that i'm saying that i like the megatron design any more than the next person! but i hope these help you visualise what he might look like a bit better.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I can ALMOST see it with Galvatron, but that ugly-ass butthole mouth has to go. Obviously, that's not your fault, I'm just sayin'. Ugh.

3. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Yikes. No. Not better.

I like the way you're thinking about trying to incorperate some classic visual cues, but changing the colors alone is not enough.

4. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    more speculating than changing! he's obviously not gonna be plain silver all over, what colours do you think he will be?

5. Ger_Hankey

Ger_Hankey Now hiring evil minions

Brown, like the turd that he is.

Nice job on colouring BTW, but I really think this should not be a transformer design at all. He looks more like a villan from Power Rangers

6. Optimus Mettle

Optimus Mettle Member

I must be insane cause I'm the only one thats not hating the design. I mean I don't love it like I do the Optimus look, but if he's strictly Cybertronian than its' a very interesting and fresh look. But yeah the butthole mouth has to go. I want to see his arm morphed into some crazy cannon. I like the colors though especially the Megatron one. I think the center should be red though instead of the yellow, green and red lights. Just my 2cents.

7. .SentinelPrime Is Dead.

.SentinelPrime Is Dead. Banned

what kind of weird ass butthole do you have? :sly: 
    I do agree though the predator-ish mouth needs to go.
    You know. with the colors added it does improve it quite a bit. I actually like it with the megatron color scheme.

8. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

I don't care how try to color it, its still looks like a pile of monkey feces.

9. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

Okay was it REALLY necessary to post that IACON?:peoples: 

I mean you're free to not like it,but do you have to compare it to feces?You can at least phrase your dislike in a more friendly manner

10. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i have to say i'm a bit worried about these butt-hole mouth comments too, do you guys all seriously have two rows of sharp metal teeth in your butt-holes? sounds painful

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    How do you say something looks likes shit "in a friendly manner"? If he doesn't like it, he doesn't like it. It's his opinion, who are you to tell him to sugarcoat his disapproval?

It kinda does look like shit, but I'm starting to warm up to it, though just a bit. As far as the coloring goes, it looks ok to me, but I doubt there's any more color involved than in the original pic.

12. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I like your Galvatron color scheme. I still hate the design, but your colors improved it. I also find it rather strange that Megatron himself doesn't have a Decepticon symbol on him. With how proud this guy is of being a Transformer, you'd think he'd have the hugest symbol of them all.

And, uh, to the people who say he "obviously" won't be white and gray...uh...where did you get that info?

The picture looks colored to me. There's shading, the eyes are colored, and the other artworks were colored, and looked as finished as this.

Things might change, but I don't think the paint scheme is going to be one of them.

13. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Good lord, dude. It's okay to use hyperbole. Honestly, it's really all right.

14. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    well like i said have a look at blackout, the concept for him is all silver but his alt mode isnt silver, so the whole silver-all-over thing must just be from early stages of mockups.. im sure a shot of prime from this stage would be silver all over too, all we've seen of him is an actual 3d render from further down the development cycle

15. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Uhm.... Yeah.... I guess it was not very nice of me. Sorry. :( 
    But what I meant is that I don't think that a differant color scheme would make this specific megatron look much better. It is not the color, it is the shape that has to change.

16. Shaun_C

No probs IACON:thumb 

I'm glad you got the message.I'm not trying to stiffle you.Just that IMO there is a right and wrong way to express displeasure :) 

17. Hook

Hook Out of Options Veteran

Facebook:
    *sigh*

18. Shaun_C

I'm not trying to act like a mod or anything

I guess I just express myself strongly.But no less strongly then anyone else on the board.

Besides I didn't TELL IACON to do anything.I just asked a simple upfront question.

Maybe my problem's that at times I'm too upfront when I speak/post (I speak the way I post) and if that's the case.Then I apologize,but at least I'm not disrespectful about it :) 

19. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The Galvatron colourscheme pic is sweaty whooping godsex with Virgo.

But I suspect that it's pretty far from what we'll get. :(  Sucks...light purple and silver looks marvelous.

20. Optimus Mettle

Optimus Mettle Member

LOL

Of course doesnt everybody?