Megatron Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Deadend, Aug 16, 2008.

1. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    I've been rewatching G1 lately, and there have been several instances of Starscream succeeding in deactivating Megatron albeit briefly. It's highly reminiscent of what Animated Megatron did to starscream, only stretched out longer. That got me thinking.

Does G1 toon Megatron already have inside him what would equate to an allspark fragment or cube itself? (Been watching to read inbetween the lines, and for connections to recent and other series.)

Shockwave has made numerous mentions of Megatron's imortality as well.
    Considering Unicron for all purposes is a cosmic being, his reformating could override it anyway, or his other timelines from being created by Primacron could mean he knew how to mold the energy within Megatron as well. Which could also further delve into Galvatron's insanity.

Pretty much where does this 'immortality' come from?
    And how many other multiversal megatrons share it? Which ones?
    Is it just Megatron being arogant, or is there something to the constant sudden burst of energy in his eyes when he's proclaimed deactivated and then reactivates?

Or is starscream that sloppy that he only knocks Megatron in a temp stasis lock, and can't tell the difference?

Is movie Megs going to have something like this now due to his, circumstance?

2. Boy who screams

Boy who screams Banned

Starscream's over-eager.
    He never succeeds in killing Megs.
    Maybe he just uses his Null-Rays?

Oh the Null Rays. When do you ever use them, SS?
    They should be the most powerful weapon in Transformers....

3. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Heh, they are indeed frighteningly powerful in that regard. Instant knock out.
    But that still leaves shockwaves claims of Megatron being invincible. (Countdown to extinction, among other episodes)

4. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    He never really dies because Status Quo Is God.

5. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    Megatron is a leader for one reason ..same as prime..they are not just take one shot and then they are dead and out. SO Screamer has shoot Megatron a few times in the back but that only irratets Megatron or if it is a luckey hit make him a bit groggy for a few microseconds.

Point is Screamer is strong I give you that but Megatron is still the leader and he is that for a reason same goes for Prime. Both Prime and Megs can be destoryed just as any other TFs it just takes alot more for them to be taken down.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, Megs is not Decepticon leader for nothing. I believe his armor has to be "high" to withstand a certain amount of shots. Based on the G1 toy specs, G1 Megs is a beast. I recall he can draw power from a "black hole" of sorts? My bad, i can't really recall.

7. CryoPrime

CryoPrime Cody A.

Shockwave is also just a suck-up to megatron too. lol

8. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Yes, his fabled "link up with black hole to draw upon near limitless power for his fusion cannon". Used all of once in the fiction to my knowledge - he used it to give him the power to destroy A.U.N.T.I.E. in the UK comics, but it was shut down before he had a chance to use it.

Point is, Megatron is just plain tough. Forged in the plasma forges at the heart of Cybertron itself or something, and through his awesome strength firmly established himself as Decepticon leader. He's had access to all the best equipment and weaponry, so he's probably upgraded to the very peak of his ability. Take a look at the Movie - he survived everything Prime dished out, he took it all, and he would have survived had he made it back to Cybertron to be repaired. Unlike Optimus, his wounds were not fatal. He took the best Optimus dished out, and he survived. Optimus could not do the same.

(Granted, Optimus didn't grab Starscream as a human shield, and even if he did, Megatron probably would have just blasted him anyway).

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    I could see Megatron firing twice as fast if that were the case, get rid of two pests with one shot.

I think you're reading way too much into it. Megatron, in the G1 toon is the leader, therefore he is tough, and will always come back, until there's a new toy on the shelf to sell in his place.

He isn't immortal, just very tough. Starscream manages mini-KO's at best, mostly through his null rays, he's not killing him.

10. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    This.

I see you're reading TV Tropes too?

11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    All good answers, I'm just trying to look for holes and exploits in toon vs. movie and other media that could be explored in general as interesting aspects.

Megatron's lack of ever dieing, and even starting to function more and more after prime's beat down in the movie, just makes me wonder how exactly is he regenerating like he has the allspark inside of him. Then compared to what movie Megatron has gone through, makes me wonder if they couldn't just have him be the same way till they finally choose to have a greater being than megs' new power reformat him.

It also brings to mind ideas of directions animated could take in that same regard, though megatron has already proven himself outright persistent in never dieing, I think starscream has come out ahead...

Then you have the Japanese continuity of g1 from battlestars to action master and beyond and he's still quite 'immortal'. Though finally to a lesser extent. And also at this point purified of 'unicron's taint' which may explain the subsequent push of him in the new series trying to get more power again. And becoming Unicron power 'addicted' too. Maybe with it removed, he lost whatever power it was that made him 'invincible/indestructable' hence the more power craving/need. Restoration to 'his' former glory.

Heck, in the comics he even survived a melding with ratchet.

I don't know, it's just kinda eerie how all these ideas line up, whether intentional or not.
    Bah, the new movie ARG needs to start up soon. Ideas like this are just coming to me left and right still from the previous one, especially with all the new media ideas presented.