Megatron Origins Issue #2 art pages online

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Super_Megatron, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Super_Megatron

Super_Megatron Twitter: @Super_Megatron Administrator

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    You may have noticed that the layout for the Megatron Origins series is written with many more panels than a lot of books, this has resulted in some of the art and cameos being covered by word balloons. Well Alex Milne has updated his Deviant Art page with several colored pages from issue #2 minus the text, you can check them out by clicking here.

2. Turnpike

Turnpike Brawl is my bee-otch

Wait.. Is that Cykill from GO-BOTS!? o_O 

A big huge WTF moment there. Since when are the two related?
    As far as I know TF = Hasbro/Takara
    Go-Bots = Hanna Barbera

Oh man, I'm so confused..

3. Brodimus Prime

Brodimus Prime Matrix Templar

News Credits:
    Well, as of the mid 1990s, Hasbro now owns the Go-Bots. So I guess they're free to integrate them in any way they want. As for Megatron and Cy-Kill, I like the idea of the leader of the Decepticons slaggin the leader of the Renegades. Besides, I doubt that the real Cy-Kill we remember from Go-Bots is suppose to be this guy. It's prolly just a nod to the fans.

4. Agent_ravage

Agent_ravage Saboteur

Gobots have been appearing in cameos since Dreamwave did the Armada series. Its sort of a running joke type thing, where Transformers kills off Gobots. Also, E-Hobby released a set of 6 minibot repaints which are meant to be Gobots undercover in Cybertronian bodies. Bugbite was even featured in this year's Botcon comic and toyline as the Bugbite from Gobots.

5. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

I don't get it... this is news because it doesn't have any text in it? I don't see how that's really news.

6. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

A llittle OT, but I was touched by how Bugbite claimed in the comics that the TFs have somehow destroyed the Gobots universe. In reality, that's exactly what happened with the action figure lines. It would be cool if Hasbro brought back a couple more of the Gobots in the Classic line. What would Leader 1 attempt to do to save his reality? :D  Anyway, thank Primus it isn't the Gobots today featuring cameos of the Transfomers.:rip 

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  7. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Whereas Hasbro own the NAME "Gobots" (or, rather, "Go-Bots", as they spell it), they don't actually own the rights to the characters or the original toys. When Takara released the repaints of the Minibots as e-Hobby exclusives, they refarined from identifying the individual toys by name (as had initially been intended), and Hirofumi Ichikawa only gave them a vague group bio. Essentially, Takara were somewhat cautious because Machine Robo is still owned by Bandai.

Likewise, note how Cy-Kill is never actually identified by name. This issue featured his most extensive "cameo" yet, but he's never really identified as the CHARACTER Cy-Kill.

8. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I make this Cy-Kill's 3rd comic cameo, the other two coming from the Dreamwave era. First up, in a flashback, Megatron is seen victorious in a duel against a Cy-Kill-alike who's had an arm ripped off. Also, in one of their Armada comics a Cy-Kill-alike torso can be seen in one panel.

9. AutobotEngineer

AutobotEngineer Highly Dubious

Is the Megatron Origin going to be in the upcoming IDW megabook? When is that out, anyway.

This looks very interesting...I like Megratrons helmet removal and subsequent..frill...display. WTF, I need to read these things.

10. Phoenix Prime

Phoenix Prime Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    who cares about the legalities!!! Megatron beats the oil out of Cy-Kill, that is AWESOME!!!!!

11. SkyQuake

SkyQuake What's Quakin'?

In all reality, I think they could have name Cykil in the comic. Hasbro has used Leader 1. Plus, Cykil hasn't been used as a figure name in the US for about 20 years now.

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Megatron finishing off Cy-kill is just a brief reminder of who had the better Tranfrorming robot series!
    I love that picture!
    Plus wasn't a dead Cy-kill in the Transformers Armada comic as well? I seem to recall him hanging from a hook.

13. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    It's not about the NAME. (toy names are a trademark thing, which only apply to toys - in terms of comic books, trademarks are only important on the cover - hence there can be Transformers named "Bluestreak" or "Trailbreaker" running around in IDW's comics even though Hasbro can't use those names on toys).

It's about the CHARACTER being part of a cartoon that's tied to a toyline that's the property of Bandai. So, in essence, a copyright issue.

Hasbro can't authorize a Tonka Gobots comic. I'm not sure how tight exactly the legal limitations are, but I'm fairly certain that a cameo on the extent of Cy-Kill in Megatron: Origin #2 is the closest thing to Gobots characters in their original designs in a Transformers comic you'll ever see.

14. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    the killing Cy-Kill thing doesnt interest me cos the joke is really old hat

the cameos by Clench and Skyquake on the other hand, rule

15. markerguru

markerguru tech master TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:

can you find all the cameos i threw in these pages???
    oh, i never ment for megs killing cykill to be a joke. i just wanted to draw a gobot, but make hime look badass. besides, if megatron wasn't the faster of the ywo, cykill would win this fight, he's more powerful then meg's is at this piont in the story.

16. Spartan Prime

Spartan Prime is an apathetic douchebag

17. rabbit prime

rabbit prime Well-Known Member

so who's the aparent decepticon big boss? he's pointin at megs and then megs puts his helm back on...is it cryotek? or it that just beast wars? anywho...who is it?

18. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

If Go-Bots would have been drawn like that and had a good story line it would have OWNED Transformers.

19. Agent_ravage

Agent_ravage Saboteur

Its clench, a euro/ japanese g2. look him up on http://tfu.info/1993/Decepticon/Clench/clench.htm

20. Agent_ravage

Agent_ravage Saboteur

Technically, although since this is a different comic universe it probably doesn't matter, Megs and Sunstreaker were two of the greatest pit fighters on Cybertron. Atleast if you follow the 1986 UK Transformers annual, which features the origins of the Decepticons (they were founded by Megatron and Ravage, but the storyline has alot to do with pit fighting and the early city states and senators.)