Megatron Origin - Talback

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Kaijumaster, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    Ok so that issue came and went. for the first time ever we really get to see Sentinal Prime. Prowl is older than I thought apparently. and Megatron really does have humble beginings, plus his mood swings in the issue strike me as potentially deep. My real big problem with the issue was the generic nature of the character designs. Obviously Megatron was there as was Rumble&Frenzy. an IDW Star Saber? But so many of the miners looked alike I had toruble zeroing in on megatron, plus the art was WAY to dark, I mean that literally they need to use lighter shades in the subsequint issues because it was hard to see the picture clearly.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Really, How old is Prowl? And if he is an older Transformers then I don't understand how Hot Rod of all bots out ranks him?

3. MilkManX

MilkManX TF Comicbook Fan

Hot Rod doesnt out rank Prowl. They are the same rank. That was brought up on the IDW boards.

4. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Well that is good to know. I was more than alittle peaved when I read that scene from Escalation. So it was just a writting goof by Furman?

5. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

Just because Prowl is there doesn't mean he is older than any of the characters that have not been included in this story yet. Prowl could be an "extremely young rookie" at this point. Optronix/Orion Pax/whateverthey'regoingtocallpre-Optimus could exist in this story, and be could be older or younger than Prowl. Hot Rod could ALSO be OLDER than Prowl, but act very immature, comparitively. I find that speculation unlikely, though.

On the whole, I liked this first issue, and am really looking forward to seeing who else gets invloved in the story. Out of curiosity, does the bodyguard in the begining sequence have a basis, or is this a new character? I know the shield looks like it came from Gundam, but other than that.

6. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    While I admit I found this to be a little slow I enjoyed it. It got me interested and I am waiting to see how the story plays out.

7. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    The bodygard looks like Dai Atlus

8. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

I was dissappointed.

As pointed out, the art made it really hard to figure out what was going on in some places, and for being the title character, it didn't feel like we got to see much of Megatron.

Plus, I'm begginning to to wish I picked up the other cover. No idea why, but I am.

9. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    this is alex milne isnt it?

i have the same issue with the TFTM adaptation. too cluttered.

10. Spider Striker

Spider Striker ThisGuyWithTheYellowCap

It is, which I personally find odd. I've never had a problem with his art before.

11. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Something I forgot to mention, anyone else notice Kremzeek on one of the signs the shuttle passes by in Kaon?

12. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Yeah and ther other easter egg was a billbord of a fembot that looked like Ayla Secura.

Overall I'm impressed.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who had trouble with the colors, really made it hard to pick out the rich detailing.

One huge disapointment was that the "Autobots" were the defacto goverment. Although I like the "corrupt senate" story, I find it hard to believe future Autobots would hold true to such an establishment.

I was hoping for a completely new faction, which the Decepticons would rebel against. Then the Autbots would rise up to stand against the Decepticons.

As for why Prowl is STILL out ranked by Prime and Hotrod (?) and other younger bots is,,,,, he's a dick.

Prowl: "Here's my quarterly report on why I should be made commander Ultra Magnus"

UM: "I can't deal with that now"

(for Beetle Bailey fans, think Lt. Fuzz)

And for a question more profound than the end of the Sopranos:

"Who REALLY threw the ax?"

13. Acid Wing

Acid Wing Senior Alien TF Member

News Credits:
    I usually admire Milne's art, but somehow I found the colors dark in this issue. That, plus the placement of the word balloons I thought were confusing. But, overall I like the way the story is going. We get to see Megs not so evil and what seems to be a no nonsense Sentinel Prime.

14. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

Nah I think Sentinal is more of a beruocrat with a gun.

One last thought, what if Starscream was NOT the first "prime Seeker"?

I mean SS is a trecherous SOB, he was supposedly a scientist, but how many Seekers did he go though to become Meg's 1st lieutenant?

15. uzi_the_klown

uzi_the_klown Well-Known Member

lol who knows

16. Shipwreck

Shipwreck Will smack your bitch

Orion Pax = Steve Rodgers, Optimus Prime = Capt. America

17. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

Still waiting on it, but after seing the frankly diabolical art in the Movie adaptation (the artwork in the kid's storybook version of the film I have is better!) my hopes are not too high.
    The story better be stellar!

18. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Flickr:
    I really liked this issue.

I think industrial sites are cluttered, dark and messy so the art was pretty effective in conveying the feeling of danger and unknown. You really don't know what to look at, and that makes sense for the setting.

I guess they are setting up Megatron to be a Genghis Khan. The Autobots as senators and Sentinel Prime as some gun totting governor is odd to me. Was there slavery under the Autobots?

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    So...What does Sentinel Prime look like? Anyone got a scan?

20. Dragonwolf

Dragonwolf dragon-bot

News Credits:
    big guy with lots of guns!!!