Megatron or Shockwave, most likely the third leader class?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Jan 12, 2011.

?

Which 3 leader class in DOTM would you want most of all?

1. Megatron, In new truck mode

21 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Shockwave

28 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    We now know that there is a leader class Bumblebee (Booo :thumbdown ) and Sentinel Prime (hooray :bowdown: ). But who could be the third leader class? It's got to be a Decepticon, most likely Megatron or Shockwave. Megatron because he's always in the leader class toys. Shockwave, because he is the main villain for the next movie. As much as I would like to see a Shockwave as Leader, I would prefer Megatron. Because voyager one is too puny and he would be better off bigger. Now let me tell you that you can choose both. Because from what I've gathered there are only 3 new mold leader class figures in each line.

2. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

The new Bumblebee is PROBABLY just like a repaint/remold, though who knows with HasTak and their prize hog Bumblebee. Here's hoping for both, though I'd rather see Shockwave if he doesn't look awful.

3. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I think with the popularity of the movie lines, we could likely see four leader class molds, or at the very least a forth one in a spin-off line like we did with Starscream last summer. If this is the last live action movie (until it gets a reboot), you know Hasbro is going to milk it for all its worth.

It would be nice to finally get a proper Megs in Leader form on the third try. But, I would also like a few more nice sized characters to round out the movie collection.

As a collector, it is a little disapointing that they are using a leader slot for Bumblebee, but hey, Bumblebee sells (if priced right), and if it keeps kids interested in Transformers, that is good for the community in the longrun. I did finally buy the big Bumblebee that is out right now today (on clearance) and I must admit that it is actually a pretty damn decent figure. It will go on display with the other bumblebees, but there is no way that thing fits in with my movie mainline display. I think the $40 pricerange may finally be a price where parents will buy it for their kids.

4. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Nope it's Blackout :D .

On topic, I wished it to be Shockwave. Can't wait to see how he looks like.

5. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Haven't you made threads like this before? My answer remains the same, I'll wait until I know what Shockwave looks like.

6. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I really want both, I can't decide.
    It darn well better be both!

7. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Megatron will get the third spot. However, I get the feeling that we may get a fourth leader. If so, then that will be Shockwave.

8. prawisucia

prawisucia Soldier of Heaven

News Credits:
    Megatron is a must!

9. JS_Prime

JS_Prime Unamused

If anything's like the ROTF line, Megatron will get the leader toy and Shockwave will be a voyager.

10. Heat Blast

Heat Blast Laserbeak's Stunt Double

Bumblebee appears to be a repaint of the Battle Ops mold...
    If so, there'll still be three new molds. Sentinel Prime's already been revealed. I can see Hasbro throwing in Megatron and Shockwave. I can even see them throwing in a Prime remold (Buster blasters maybe?) and a Starscream repaint (maybe it'll have paint on his face!).

11. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I voted Megatron. He deserves to get a decent Leader Class figure!

12. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Except for the part where he doesn't? Speaking as someone who has the Battle Ops mold, I can tell you that, based on the leaked picture, he doesn't look anything like it.

However, because Bumblebee is getting a leader mold, I feel very hopeful that means we'll get a leader Prime with trailer at a higher price (at least $60, maybe $100 if it is feature filled). I definitely, at the very least, want a Leader Prime with guns. If Hasbro can get us a retractible face mask on it too, I'd be happy. Those are the two big things I want. If it is, otherwise, the ROTF figure, I'd be fine as long as we get guns and optional mask. If, however, we can get a leader with trailer that becomes armor/space gear/base/weapons/whatever it does in the film, I'd be extremely happy.

13. metrotitan

metrotitan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pleeeeease Shockwave. I'd be down for the Megatron truck if its done with some level of detail, though.

14. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

Is it a fact that they'll only make three leader class figs? I'll vote Shockwave, even though I have no idea what he looks like yet, just because we've had two Leader Megs figs.

15. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Aw, I voted Megatron by the title (most likely) but the actual question said preference (would've been Shockie)

Still, maybe Shockwave would be better as a Voyager.

16. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    Last movie gave us two Bots and two Cons.

So far, we know of Sentinel and BB, both Bots. If the last movie is even a mildly accurate indicator, we can assume that there will be two Con leaders on the horizon, and all bets would say they're Megatron and Shockwave.

If we only get one, well, my vote goes for Shockwave.

17. Taziir

Taziir Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really like the Voyager Megs mold that we have seen and a leader version of it is a must buy for me.

However, Shockwave is one of my favourite characters and I'm eager to see the design first. I wasn't keen on Starscream's movie design so passed, although the leader figure was well realised, the ape/chicken designt just didn't hit the spot for me. I'm hoping Shockwave's design doesn't dissapoint.

18. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Shockwave.

19. AMG

AMG Old School

Megatron, he's my favorite movie character.

20. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Most likely Megatron, but I would like to see Shockwave.