Customs: Megatron or Motormaster (you decide)

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by GigatronSama, Sep 14, 2005.

1. GigatronSama

GigatronSama Mr. Insomnia Veteran

I picked up a TRU alternators 2 pack today along with a 1:25 scale (yes I know that's slightly off) Hummer H1 model.

The first thing I dod of course was take sideswipe and perform the ever popular starscream custom by modifying his head and slapping on a decepticon emblem.

With smokescreen I'm going more ambitious. I've already finished attaching the front end assembly and working on the front doors now. The roof should be a simple matter though the legs will probably take a good deal of work to finish.

I'm still trying to decide WHAT he should be though. Megatron to lead my alternator decepticons? Or motormaster to add to complimen the stunticons. It's really just a question of paint job and head sculpt. (currently the head looks like neither though bears a passing resemblence to BW megatron)

2. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    motormaster. hes a boring character but i love that name.

3. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Motormaster.

4. GigatronSama

At this point I've made so many mistakes that the end result won't be worthy of the name megatron. Motormaster He shall be. If I can finish this thing. The wheels are a real pain in the ass here. I had to build completely new front axels.

5. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    MotorMaster. :rock 

6. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

i think we should have a motormaster mainly coz there aint enough of him lol

7. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow I feel the love thanks :thumb 

Well that deflated the old ego :p 

Post pictures you must!

8. Cobra_Commander

Cobra_Commander Master of tactics TFW2005 Supporter

well its unfortunaly true i think thers only the g1 motormaster and he was kool. Should make it so he and the stunticons can combin :thumbs2: 

9. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah I believe that's the only one.

10. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    i vote for motormaster. but how about using an mp prime?

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    RID Scourge should've been called Motormaster. Then all the black repaints of Prime could've been called that as well. It's a much more suited name for a black rig similar to Prime than Scourge is.

12. GigatronSama

Well he's coming along a bit better than last night.

I'm not finished resulpting the head but I have attached it.

The entire front end is complete. THere is a working hood (which I had to engineer myself since the original model didn't have one and the lines for it didn't match up to the hinges from smokescreen.

I also had to rework the way the arms transform as well as the wheel mounts since the hummer needs them to mount further forward and there isn't enough room on the shoudlers for the huge hummer tires.

I finished the front doors today and yes they do open and close. For that part I basicly just epoxied over the existing doors and then covered them with the model's doors (which I also had to cut out. I should have used a more expensive model.)

The doors of the hummer are shorter than the doors on smokescreen so I used some epoxy to form more body for the hummer. THis will have to be a slightly extended cab custom job but most of the decepticons do reflect highly customized cars anyway.

I think I've overcome most of the intelectual hurdles on the legs though it's going to leave a bit of exposed careframe from smokescreen visible. I can paint over that so it's not so obvious.

The hood assembly will be my last challenge. There's very little to mount it to. I'll have to rig up some kind of brace.

THe last step before painting will consist of filing it in rough places and trying to make pieces line up a bit better. Hopefully a good paint job will cover up any other mistakes.

I'm going to go with motormaster's black and gray with slight hints of purplefor the color scheme.

The hummer model is a rather loud orange color so likely I'm going to need enamel paint for this project.

The starscream by the way is quite nice looking if anyone's wondering. I'm thinking of painting smokescreen's spoiler and attaching it to him so he won't be a total clone of side swipe in vehicle mode.

13. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Well-Known Member

MOTORMASTER! its so fitting, we havnt had his character for yonks and he leads a group of D-Con cars

14. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    When do we get WIP pics of this bad boy?

15. GigatronSama

I've never really liked showing WIP. I hate showing things that aren't finished. I'll try to make myself take some unpainted pics once I have the whole body assembled.

I've got the legs now. I removed the vast bulk of smokescreen's feet keeping only the part that mounts the wheel. His foot transformation will be much simpler now. I may bulk up the legs with spare material to make them heavier and more stable later.

I decided to remove the cab top since the H1 is a soft top anyway, and that will leave a lot less kibble in bot mode. Transformation test shows that yes he does transform. The back end fits together well in car mode and seems to line up well. I still wish I could get that hood down better though. It's kind of lopsided

The last thing to do is to attach the rear doors. I've rigged them up with an opening joint already. I just need to figure out where I'm going to attach them. Since I removed their original mount (it wouldn't line up right anyway) I need to find a new place. Either way I'll need to rig up another mount for it. The lazy way would be to attach it to the legs but that makes him a little kibbly. I'm thinking of attaching the doors to the hips but that may interfere with the transformation.

16. GigatronSama

I've finished almost all of the major remolding. His back doors hold on by clipping to the doorframes of the front doors. I kind of cheat on the transformation here but they detach and clip to the back of his legs for robot mode. I'm thinking of mmodifying them to combine into a shield.

I had to reverse his arms to get them to transform properly so I'm going to try to thinkj of a way to cover this big otherwise bare spot. I still need to remold the head to look more like motormaster as well. I'm thinking of remolding the gun into a sword as well. I'll take some WIP pics soon. The hood is still bugging me. I may end up just molding an entirely new one.