Megatron more than just a toy or cameo in ROTF

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tony_Bacala, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Scourgatron

Scourgatron 4D Smart-ass

News Credits:
    Looks like someone got The Badge of Power on their asses.

2. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    Im sure megs will be in the movie. I just can`t work out if its Fallen or the other cons that revive the others? Im going for The Fallen in one of those all powerful displays. Also with Megs will Brawl,Bonecrusher and Blackout come back?

3. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    True, I mean we're not that stupid.

4. Dinotron

Dinotron AA2010 13-15 AUG BE THERE TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    well i thought it was his hand in the teaser, you could see the tank track. Yay MEGS IS BACK!!

5. David-John

David-John Spittor's best friend

I must admit, I was hoping that Megs was going to take the 2nd movie out (assuming a trilogy) so that it doesn't get repetitive. With all the stuff going on I can't see him getting much screentime. Maybe Soundwave dredges him up and goes to revive him, that's why Soundwave came to Earth in the first place. I would also agree that changing his name to Galvatron on a different alt mode but near identical robot mode would be silly. He should have some changed colours at least if this is the case.

6. AMG

AMG Old School

They can call him Megatron or Galvatron, it really doesn't matter to me. I just want him to have more screen time in the new movie. He's my favorite character in the live action TF universe, and he was sorely underused in the first movie.

7. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

my theory is, fallen rises, and megatron eventually comes back to life, get's pissed that a movie is being named after an obscure tf character from some Comic book, instead of himself, and it should be the Revenge of the Fallen Megatron, ON the fallen himself!, by creating devastator, to smash the fallen into pieces.

but that's just my theory.

also, megatron is 1000 times COOLER then the fallen will EVER be. *not saying that the fallen isn't cool, just megatron is superior in every way.* :) 

8. Vincymon

Vincymon Well-Known Member

If they're keeping this a secret in order to keep the movie's plot as 'somewhat' of a surprise. Then they can go ahead. Even though I was always certain megatron would be in the movie; at this point I am rather content to not know what he is going to do.

Because let's be honest people, what's the fun of the premier if we know the entire plot, and every new character , before hand ?

9. AMG

AMG Old School

I would go watch that on the big screen several times. :) 

I agree, Megatron rules.

10. bongzoe

bongzoe Banned

i think megatron is gonna be back for sure. and i also think megatron will use his pointy head to kill prime.lol

11. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Awesome!! I can't wait to see this movie!!!

12. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

You are probably right. Megatron should be one of the major players in the sequel except the big problem is Megatron's dead! As in he was killed in the first movie! That's it, he shouldn't be coming back. But then again; he shouldn't have been killed off in the first movie anyway.

EDIT: I'm going to take this a bit further and say Megatron SHOULD have been a major player in the first movie instead of playing the role of 'tonight's special guest star'.

But then again that's one of the many reasons why the first movie was made of fail.

13. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

According to Hoyts.com.au, it says that Megatron is revived using Scorpinok's spark. Any validity to this?

14. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Banned

News Credits:
    *facepalm*

BIG mistake bringing Megatron back. VERY big mistake.

I think the TF fandom has had enough of Megatron coming back to life for one franchise. Why couldn't he have stayed dead? If we can bring Megatron back, why not Jazz, Blackout, Brawl, Bonecrusher, or Frenzy? Why not bring back the friggin' Allspark and make the first movie completely pointless?

Bay shouldn't have killed him off in the first place if he wanted him to be in the sequel. I HATE revival stories, especially Transformers revival stories. They're never well thought out.

Exactly what I'm talking about. But if that is true, wouldn't it be Scorponok in Megatron's body? Wouldn't Megatron have all the characteristics, memories, and personality of Scorponok?

15. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Hoyts rumor was debunked months ago. Was written speculatively by fanboys.

16. Oosh

Oosh New Member

That's just scraped from IMDB.

17. Apriorion

Apriorion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's "power badge"; say it right.

Now it's time for some serious, annoying-ass pedantry: none of this is deductive logic. An argument is deductively valid if and only if necessarily if the premises were true, the conclusion would be true also. Tony's arguments do not preserve truth salva veritate from the premises to the conclusion, and since the conclusion is not guaranteed by its premises in all possible worlds, then he at best raises the likelihood of the conclusion given the evidence he adduced. In other words, Tony has given us an *inductive* argument, not a deductive one.

Now, since we are only given inductive support for the conclusion that Megatron will be a major player in TF:ROTF, it isn't too hard to think of counterexamples to his reasoning, and we've seen a few people give such examples in this thread. Here's one possibility: he only appears in a dream sequence. The appropriate rejoinder will be: But why have we seen so many versions of his alt-mode (a tank) if he's just in the dream? Answers: (1) because Hasbro made that part up for their toy-selling (this would make sense of what Bay said a while back), or (2) Megatron transforms in the dream sequence (seems unlikely, in my view). Here's another possibility: Megatron only comes in at the end. Rejoinder: What about the tank mode? Same answers as (1) and (2) above.

18. risingmegatron

risingmegatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    maybe the model is for the new game???????????

19. esham976

esham976 Well-Known Member

i'm ashamed of myself, until i seen these pics i never really knew what galvatron alt mode was because he so rarely transformered in the cartoons (what i call the rodimus prime era) i mean i knew he was some kinda blaster like weapon but i never really noticed the tank like tracks things.

i'm a sad panda.

20. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Ah. Kinda figured it was speculation.