Minor/Repaint: Megatron Lives!

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by JAFOPrime, May 19, 2008.

1. JAFOPrime

JAFOPrime All work and no play.....

Megatron lives. We all saw that the All Spark was an instrument of “evil”. It repaired Frenzy, shocked Bumblebee after being shrunk and it did not repair Bumblebee after his legs were blown off. Also if you look at the fact that everything created from its energy was violent and aggressive. So we have Sam running through the streets, we see him run into an SUV and fall, creating three new “lives”. So who says we saw all that was created?

Having the All Spark plunged into his very spark, Megatron was filled with raw unimaginable power that began to destroy his body almost instantly. He also knew that his spark would be extinguished if it stayed in his body. Realizing that the All Spark was giving Megatron all he needed to survive. He had the power to move his’ very spark from his body and go into another, and the connection to the All Spark allowed Megatron to know of a newly created Transformer, a human military vehicle without a spark of its own. Moving his spark would sacrifice all the power he had gained from the All Spark. A sacrifice that would be worth it to gain revenge against Optimus Prime and the filthy insects of this world, those who imprisoned him for years. In an instant he was watching as his former body fell to the ground, destroyed by a boy, the insect would pay with his life. Controlling his wrath, Megatron knew that his best advantage was to let the foolish Autobots and humans believe he was dead. He had lost the All Spark that he had sought for millennia, now all he had was vengeance. He would wait and find his loyal Decepticons and take this planet and all it has for his cause.
    [ATT]7046[/ATT]
    Yea I really like how this one turned out, heck I even thought of a reason Megatron changed bodies. Let the critiquing begin!

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Nice work...that head always did look Megatron-y to me....loving the Shockwave too :thumb 

3. timshinn73

timshinn73 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Nice job. I like it.

4. LoneWolf76

LoneWolf76 Well-Known Member

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    you should share what you did to make the cannon.

6. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Interesting story of how Megs survived and so forth and I thought that Wreckage look like Megatron as well. So great job on the story, the paint job for Megatron, and that fusion cannon you made (very cool). Great job.

7. kalron

kalron Technician/Sculptor

I have seen a few of these...but this one is very clean and well made. The cannon is the cake topper!

8. knownasx

knownasx onebotarmy

very nice the mold is kinda perfect for a tank megatron

9. JOHNDILLINGA

JOHNDILLINGA This Space For Rent!

News Credits:
    Looks like a BM Tankor shoulder cannon with some added stuff to the muzzle.

10. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

And I just sold my Wreckage too

11. JAFOPrime

JAFOPrime All work and no play.....

OK. Well this was my second casting attempt so it was a little rough. I needed a big cannon to replace the little one on Wreckage so I went looking at my collection to see who had one. The best cannon I had came from deluxe Tankor. After I removed the cannon I started to fill the cracks and holes with sculpting clay, from where it attached to Tankor, to the slit for the firing pin, to the end where the missile goes. Then I went looking for a weapon that would fit into the holes in Wreckages wheels, which happen to be a sword from the Predacons. I took the handle and pressed into some clay to cast the pegs that would be placed in the mold with Tankors cannon. Not really exact or probably the best idea, I took the pegs that were cast and eyeballed where they should go to fit onto Wreckages arm. So I had Tankors' cannon with two plaster pegs sitting in clay waiting to be cast. Being only my second casting there were problems. I used plaster for the mold and found the epoxy was absorbed into it, causing Megatons’ cannon to be shorter than Tankors’ original. Also I had numerous air bubbles from when I poured the epoxy into the mold, but they were filled in with contour putty. The old adage of “Its not how good you are but how well you hide the mistakes” is true. Also I drilled a hole just shallow enough to hold the cannon behind where Wreckages original gun was for his earth mode.

So after all of this if anyone has any suggestions that might help to make my next casting easier please let me know. Thanks for the postitive responses to my work.

12. Jukebox Prime

Jukebox Prime Musi-Con

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one to notice that Wreckage's head looked amazingly close to G1 Meg's. Great job on this. The cannon is an especially nice touch!

13. mattarmstrong

mattarmstrong Well-Known Member

back story pure win custom is bad a@@ awesome paint apps

14. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Nice work, especially that cannon. :drool: 

15. dark69

dark69 BlackArachnia Terrorize!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    man that rox!

16. doomtron

doomtron seeker

News Credits:
    nice work! . for some reason i am seeing an animated looking head on him.

17. Mega-Prime 316

Mega-Prime 316 Well-Known Member

That is well done. I also had a similar idea in the works as well. :) 

18. Dilborg

Dilborg Well-Known Member

I love it! Made all the better because of the back story you gave him.

19. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

It looks great. And I really love this mold. I sold the spare I had since I owned a custom painted one, but I decided to buy another at the Kmart near my apartment. I'm glad they have extras of this guy on the shelf.