Megatron likes his name.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Omega77, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

Never really thought about it, but I was watching the movie the other night with my wife when Megs was freed from his cryo slumber and proclaimed his name. My wife makes the states he did that because "he got sick of everybody there calling him NBE 1". Kinda like "my name's Meatron little bitches!"

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Yeah, someone pointed that out a while ago, and it's just as funny now. I still don't know if it was intentional, but it's pretty chuckle-inducing.

3. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

I kinda thought it would be, but just had to post. I also noticed he said his name again when he first landed in the city. Just too funny.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    He didn't, it was just "Cybertronian". In the special features (or the circut city website) it shows the recording for that scene. No "Megatron" is said.

5. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i never thought of that...that makes it super awesome!

6. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

I'll have to check that out again, I was watching it with the subtitles on and thought I saw Megatron, but being wrong is my speciality.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Holy crap, he does say Megatron. Which is weird, because there's no real reason to.

8. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    not him. listen closely, it's actually Devastator (whom, at that moment, has been 3-to-1 whupped on by Autobrats) calling for help from Megatron. The voice is definitely not Hugo Weaving's. Megs grumbles under his breath a response then uses his single-hand fusioncannon to blast Jazz while the other bots run away like frightened little wussies.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think you're right. I don't think he's calling for help, but someone deffinately says Megatron, besides Megatron.

10. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

OK, so I'm only half wrong, not bad. :dunce 

11. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:
    I swear when Megatron lands he's the one saying MEGATRON! Like, "surprise!"

anyways, who says "Decepticons attack!"? Brawl? The anunciation and overall tone just doesn't sound like Megatron. Plus Brawl is the only one actually in the middle of handling a big fight...it just seems like he'd be shouting an order like that.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably Devastator saying it, he's the only one with a REASON to say it and the voice is completely different.

13. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    Did Brawlastator have a voice actor?

14. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Megatron says "Decepticons attack!" Even heavily digitized and synthesized, you can easily tell Hugo Weaving's voice. Also, after Megs says this, suddenly Blackout and Starscream get off their highhorse and actually fight the Autobrats, rather than smoking energon in some random back alley.

Devastator is pleading for Megs to help him, the same way a kid cries for mommy when other kids beat up on him. The Autobrats were kicking guns off him, sawing off arms, firing missiles at him, and you also have the annoying fleshslugs shooting at him too. Devastator just wanted his "Mommy"

15. DilaZirK

DilaZirK Is bullheaded.

News Credits:
    I dunno, it looked to me as if it was Megatron himself saying "Megatron" when he dropped in on the city. The mouth movements synch up with it.

I assumed it was more of a "I am Batman" thing, having Megs mention his own name after getting unfrozen in Hoover Dam as well.

16. Omega77

Omega77 Crystal City

I think this is how I'll start showing up. Just announce my arrival by saying my name. Too bad my name's not as cool as Megatron or Omega.

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Mouth movement? Megatron's head was looking down as the name is called out.
    Besides, it sounds totally different from the "I am Megatron!" heard earlier. It is different. definitely not Hugo Weaving. And finally, why would Megs be grumbling under his breath if he just called out his own name? Makes far more sense if Megs is grumbling about the incompetent retarded tank with a Johnny 5 head.

At the dam, it's used as a "How dare you do that to me" type statement of power. He knows his own name, it's to strike fear in his soon-to-be-victims.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's deffinately Megatron who gives the order. He is the Decepticon leader.

Considering he spoke twice in the film, yeah, I'd say so.;) 

19. NIDARAM12

NIDARAM12 Robot art guy

News Credits:

It just sounds so raspy though... more G1 Megs than movie Megs. And the way its said... I dunno I just think movie Megs would have barked it out, or said it a little bit more "intelligently."

The way the line comes out is like "De-cep-ti-cons Attack!"

Of course I just don't know and it makes sense both ways. Are there some kind of closed-captioning subtitles that tell is who is speaking?

20. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    sadly, no, this is VERY sloppy subtitles on this film, and doesn't say whose talking ever.

Having just watched the last 30 min of the film, on my $4K sound system, I can 100% tell you the voice that says "Megatron" when Megs lands in the alley sounds pathetic and stupid, definitely not the arrogant barking of Megatron. It matches perfectly with the tone of the grunts and growls of Devastator when Jazz and Ratchet are beating him up.

Also, "Decepticons Attack!" is not as synthesized as most of Megatron's speeches, so Hugo Weaving's voice stands out easily. It is definitely Megs giving the battle cry.