Megatron Kicking Prime **SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by VaderPrime1, Apr 21, 2009.

1. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    In the leaked footage we see prime getting kicked in teh face by Megatron. And then we see him go flying in the air. I don't think it is Megs kick that sends Optimus to the ground.

Here's why:
    In the screeen cap; Megs' kick is to the side and not to the front (which is the direction that Optimus flies - Look at pic)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...9-Screen-Caps/Screens2_0037_Layer+38.jpg.html

And in another pic you can see a white flash between Prime's legs as he get catapulted (look at pic)
    http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers...9-Screen-Caps/Screens2_0042_Layer+43.jpg.html

So, this led me to believe that Optimus is shot (possibly by Starscream or Megs)

DISCUSS

2. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

*nods*

That kick would have to be pretty epic to send him flying that far. I think it's a fair bet that this is a case of Trailer Edit Trickery.

3. optimusdestruction

optimusdestruction THIS IS SPARTA!!!!

News Credits:
    Nah I think it was the kick. Thats why Optimus was spitting out parts of his mouth after he landed. Anyway look at his face before and after the kick, it's pretty jacked. Megs has one hell of a kick.

4. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, they do edit a lot out.

It could be a "one-two-punch" kind of thing; Megatron kicks prime and then he (or Starscream) shoots Prime. It's the same thing like when a baseball player pitches to himself; he tosses up the ball (with bat in hand) and hits the ball with the bat on the way down. Megs kicks (ball in the air)--> Starscream or Megs shoots (ball gets hit with bat)

TEAMWORK and EMBARASSMENT!!! That's how I see it.

5. PredaconX

PredaconX Decepticon Combiner

I could def see Megs as having a ultra strong kick and launching Optimus pretty far but being shot by one of the other Decepticons kinda fits pretty well. He obviously lands and spits out a piece of metal from being kicked but he could of def got shot at the same time. I guess well just have to wait for some more footage before we can make a final call on it.

6. BenPrince

BenPrince Banned

Megs is like Bruce Lee!

7. Eastsider4eva

Eastsider4eva Well-Known Member

He is probally being shot by megs arm cannon.Look in the first movie when he was shot with it he went flying as far as that maybe further.

A quick kick then as optimus is falling backwards from the force then megs shoots him in the chest with his cannon.

8. Thundercrackah

Thundercrackah Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah definitely looks like he gets shot and then flies backwards. Megatron's big cannon arm is raised right before Prime goes flying.

I wonder how the hell Prime is going to get out of that situation.

9. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Well, giant, stompy tank-feet will do that for you.

But this is the clearest image of the shot I've seen yet and I swear...that's got to be Blackout. I don't get it...

- Coeloptera

10. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

wow

so exactly why do we care if he was kicked or shot and by whom.

I mean does it really matter at all. Im just more pissed once again he is getting his ass handed to him and now all you who said he was pulling punches in the first film cause they were in the city have to find a new excuse. Being out in the open field doesnt really lend much credence to any of those ridiculous theories.

11. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    This is as riviting as the Star Wars "Who shot first?" debate.

12. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Prime had his sword out during his landing after Meg's kick and perhaps Starscream's blast. StarScream does appear to be holding something in his left hand.
    The last clips of Prime's punch certainly do show Prime missing "teeth" and having the left side of his visor smashed/flapping. With the eye intact. The last scenes clearly showing Prime's right arm shows a fist rather than his sword???
    So the forest fight scene appears to be shown in correct chronological order.

Once again we see Prime getting a beating rather than giving one. I'm getting sick of it.

13. ThaRizla

ThaRizla Well-Known Member

It's all a dream sequence . . . . :sly2: 

14. BigO108

BigO108 Member

I definately agree.....why the hell...i think they made movie megatron tooo strong but i thought megatron always kind of had an edge over Optimus just by being more ruthless..

15. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

It definetly was not the kick, the flash is evident. Likely what happened was prime got rocked with the kick did a quick tumble and imediatly got blown through the sky.

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megatron shooting Prime after kicking him could be one of those things in the shot that you just don't notice at first as so much is going on. Like when I first saw The Incredible Hulk, I failed to see the Hulk tore out the Abomination's elbow and stabbed him with it.

17. savio-prime

savio-prime Autobot

Ebay:
    I watched the 1080p version frame by frame a few times over to watch this part.

I don't have the means to get the screen shots, but as you see the explosion coming from Prime as he flies back, you can definitely see sparks pouring out of Screamer's arm cannons.

At the end of the clip where Prime punches the tar out of Meg's head, yes that has to be after Prime gets kicked in the face.

18. darkpilatus

darkpilatus Member

Has anyone else noticed that Megs is closer to Prime's size now... in their battle in the first film it was like watching Suge Knight beat up on Vanilla Ice now they seem like they would be more evenly matched... just a thought.

19. whisky13

whisky13 Member

Didn't take the time to look through all the post. However if someone has already said this I'm sorry... But...

Megaton is on opposite sides of Prime in the still when he kicks him and the still when he is flying through the air.

20. BDbots72

BDbots72 Well-Known Member

Yah i can see that on a couple of stills.