Megatron is really Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SaberPrime, Aug 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I think Movie Megatron is the worst Megatron of all time. Not only does he have the ugliest designs ever but he fails to embody the character of the name he was given in all 3 movies. First movie, trapped in ice, we don't see him till the end of the film, and he has a very short run before being killed BY A HUMAN. Second movie, he's the Fallen's bitch. Third movie, he's Sentinel Prime's bitch. Megatron says he's the great and mighty leader of the Decepticons but he never leads them, he's always taking orders from someone else. That's not Megatron, that's STARSCREAM!

Think about it! Starscream always says he's the great and mighty leader of the Decepticons when in reality he's just Megatron's bitch. Movie Starscream never once in all 3 movies acts like Starscream. He's always a suck up to Megatron and never once tries to take command when Megatron was thought to be dead not once, but TWICE. Starscream was even sucking up to the weakened Megatron in the 3rd movie and never attempted to finish him off while he was in his weakened state. He's not Starscream!

Megatron has Starscream's personality and Starscream has Waspinator's appearance. So really they are not Megatron and Starscream, they are Starscream and Waspinator.

The writers of the movie claim to be fans, writing the characters with their G1 personalities in mind. Like Frenzy was originally named Soundwave but after a while they realized, oh we're not writing for Soundwave, we're writing for Frenzy, and changed his name. So why is that at no point did they stop to realize that they were writing Megatron as Starscream and not writing Starscream as Starscream. Granted the same guys are also writing Prime and that version of Megatron and Starscream are perfect but Hasbro also has more of a hand in keeping the continuity straight with that series than they did in the movie. It's seriously as if these guys don't actually know who the characters are suppose to be unless Hasbro steps in and tells them. I'm sure if Hasbro wasn't working with them on Prime Megatron would no doubt be someone's bitch again and Starscream wouldn't of become a Decepticon traitor.

I seriously hope that they do a reboot of the movies and Hasbro needs to say, "we need creative control over everything in the films or we don't give you the rights to use our characters." Don't go letting the movie do whatever they want because they'll change anything and everything except for the names just so they can sell tickets. They know they can get away with it too, anything with a large fan base already will automatically sell out just because of the name. It's been done with allot of different stuff, some times the movies are actually good but when they suck, they still sell just because of the name.

That's probably why they have at least 1 character in each film that maintain their iconic look because they use that character to help boost sales for their piece of crap movie. Would make more sales if they actually tried to make a decent movie that fans will love because you know eventually people are going to spread the word about how bad it was and then they won't sell anymore. That's what happened with Batman and Robin, The Hulk, and Spider-man 3. They sold because of the name and after word spread that they sucked they all got rebooted. Though Hulk actually wasn't that bad, I think people would of liked it more if they didn't use the comic book cut scenes threw out the entire movie and put more of an effort into making the CGI Hulk look more like a muscular menace to society and less like fat green jello man. The reboot only turned out better for that exact reason, no comic book cut scenes and the CGI Hulk looked more realistic and less like a green jello man. It looked like they actually gave him some life like texture and got rid of the stupid fat ripple from the first movie.

2. blur3479

blur3479 Movie Prime Apologist

News Credits:
    Isn't everyone someones bitch it's kinda like the food chain

3. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

you have a very valid point, sir.

4. Tikbaz

Tikbaz Well-Known Member

I think you make a strong argument, sir.

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    Its late and I should be asleep, but I feel the need to tear into this.

He's not necessarily their bitch, he was just using them to push his plans along. There's a big thread somewhere here about Megatron's master plan that explains this perfectly, so I wont go into it here. You can go into that yourself.

And actually, I felt (along with many others here I'm pretty sure) that his designs in 2 and 3 were the best of his and not ugly at all. Getting trapped in ice and killed by Sam were inconveniences to his plans.

And this is where I direct you to Revenge of the Fallen. Remember the scene where Megatron returns to the Nemesis and meets Starscream?

Starscream, at some point in their conversation, tells him "In your absence, someone had to take command". Starscream DID take command when Megatron died after the first movie. And he was leading the Decepticons to Earth in search of Megatron and the Allspark for the first movie too, so I don't get where you're saying he's not taking command at all.

I'm also pretty sure its in Starscream's character to suck up to Megatron, especially in the third one about how it pained him to see Megatron so wounded and weak, while rubbing his hands together like he was about to murder him right there. The only reason he didn't was because Soundwave was there too and would probably have put a message out to the other Decepticons marking Starscream as Kill-On-Sight for his betrayal.

How is Waspinator even relevant to this? Waspinator looks like a giant, walking wasp. Not an F22 Raptor that's transformed into a robot.

The writers never claimed to be fans, they only said they were aware of teh franchise. Kruger (the guy who wrote DOTM, I can't honestly remember how to spell his name) was the only one who claimed to be a fan, and he gave us some pretty good work with DOTM.

Soundwave-Frenzy was actually handled by Hasbro. They felt that with the removal of the mass shifting from radio to hummer, the form and role he was playing was too much of a departure for Soundwave and requested his name be changed.

Hasbro also has to approve of what they do with their characters, just so you know.

Megatron being someone's 'bitch' would actually make for a good storyline if they would work it in Prime, because they would have more than a couple hours to explore how there is someone badder than Megatron.

Not trying to be mean, but this just sounds like "HASBRO YOU NEED TO STEP IN AND MAKE IT LIKE G1 DONT LET THEM CHANGE ANYTHING AT ALL" to me.

Transformers is abotu change. That's the whole aspect that some of us fans seem to not realize. Its not just change from vehicle to robot, its about everything. The designs, characters, voices, setting, story...the whole franchise is based around change. No one I've seen complains about how Beast Wars was such a change from G1, for example. Or about how Prowl in Animated is so different from any other Prowl in any other series.

Hasbro realized this, and let the designers have their way, as long as they brought back something they liked and approved of for their franchise.

Hasbro actually has alot more hand in making these than some of us actually realize.

What is this I don't even..? Honestly this part just feels like blind hatred and rage.

We've seen before that movies that are more fan based don't do so well (I believe someone said this was the case with Green Lantern? I haven't seen it yet). But movies that throw out references that only fans will understand or have things happen that old fans could make sense of would alienate the general movie going audience, thus make the movie not sell well anyway.

There aren't enough of us fans to make the franchise run on its own. We need them too. All the fans who go to the movies, all the kids who love these Bumblebee repaints, all the kids who buy Optimus after Optimus, that's what gives us Transformers: Prime or the Generations line, because they make enough money to do that with.

The direction they took with the movies and the amount of reimagining was perfect enough to make this trilogy a hit. It gave Transformers a future after it seemed to be slowing to a halt around Energon-Cybertron.

6. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    tl;dr

7. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Agree

8. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    Did you bend over your keyboard, take a dump, and post it? because thats what I felt I was reading. What the hell does that that whole last paragraph about bi polar green giant have to do with transformers.

9. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Hahah, I love how you made it a point to shrink the text when you quoted.

+rep

10. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

OH SHIT! This is da twuth! G1 FOWEVAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No. This is NOT G1. The movie continuities have the right to be different,and a bit similar.You don't like the movies,great. Watch Generation 1.

11. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

YES!
    this.

12. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Heart Like a Hand Grenade

News Credits:
    Finally, someone said this is not G1!
    Also, let this hater hate. He could be a troll.

13. MrAho

MrAho Well-Known Member

lol

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    See I have a problem with you pointing his death out like that. It wasn't SAM who killed him. It's not like he punched him or something. The ALLSPARK killed him.

15. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

actually,Sentinal should have been the leader of Decepticons,because he brought Cybertron to orbit,killed Ironhide,& nearly killed prime.So if you think about it,they switched personalities with all characters. Like Optimus is a Decepticon killing megs & Megs is a kiss up to anyone who is powerful enough to kill him,prime & wants to rule earth. (AKA Fallen)

So even though each generation should be different,it shouldn't be to where Optimus is a Robo killing megs & Megs isn't even powerful enough to kill prime twice,because G1 megs did that ten times.

16. depthcharge82

depthcharge82 Maximal

Even G1 Megs was weaker than G1 prime from a physical stand point. Megatron has always been about being cerebral and gaining power cause these were the only way he could get an upper hand over Optimus. If you watch the 86 movie; Prime was throwing Megs around like a ragdoll.

17. Regressor

Regressor Well-Known Member

Uhm ... apart from the movies I've only watched The Transformers: The Movie and in it:

1.) Megatron begs to Optimus for his life like a bitch
    2.) Is though the whole movie subordinate to Unicron

So ... ?

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    But in Season 3, he becomes leader once again. Also he pretend to beg for his life in order to pull out his gun and shoot Prime.

Regardless I didn't like teh charecterizations for Movie Megatron and Starscream. They could have been so much better villains.

19. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    I couldn't have said it better myself.

20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

Starscream was talking about The Fallen, not himself. It was The Fallen who took command of the Decepticons in the second movie while Megatron was gone.

As for the first movie, given that the title of the second film was "Revenge of the Fallen" I'm guessing he was leading then too and Starscream just never got a change to tell him between being unfrozen and then killed.

So what I'm saying is, you never hear Starscream go "Megatron has fallen, I am now you're new leader!" like he aways does in every other incarnation of the character EVER. Unlike other Starscreams who only kiss up to Megatron when it's convenient for their schemes this one does it ALL THE TIME.

Megatron himself seems to be taking the Starscream role saying he's the leader but when he's in front of the Fallen, he's a freaking kiss up. Megatron is just a easily overthrown in his short reigns as leader as Starscream normally is.

True except that Movie Starscream actually seems to be loyal to Megatron. It's not in his character to be a suck up all the time like he does in the movie. It's completely out of character to not go out of his way to try to kill Megatron when he's already weak or to allow someone else to take command in his absence. G1 Starscream chucked the injured Megatron out of Astrotrain and some how managed to beat out Devastator as his replacement. Movie Starscream got beat by The Fallen and Sentinel Prime.

He just doesn't seem like the type of character in the movies to even try and betray Megatron as he's always a suck up to him even when he's dead.

Have you looked at movie Starscream? He has Waspinator's head. There's even some people who have made repaints of him as Waspinator and I have to admit he looks freaking awesome in Waspinator's color scheme and I wish Hasbro would make that an official toy. That's the only way I would even buy that mold.

Roberto and Alex both claimed to be fans from the very first moment they announced they were working on the 2007 film and still claim to be fans to this day as they're working on the Prime series.

Roberto and Alex claimed that was their own decision. They also stated "We might use Soundwave in another movie. We don't know yet. We just don't want to be responsible for screwing up his character."

Hasbro just have to give them the rights to it. They have the rights they can do whatever they want under the conditions of whatever contract they signed to get the rights. Hasbro actually gave they compete freedom to do what they wanted with the designs so long as they could still manage to make toys out of them. Hence Hasbro had many many issues trying to come up with toy designs for the movie because of the crap designs they came up with. The contact had already been signed though so they just had to do the best they could with the toys. Otherwise yeah, Hasbro could just go, change it, we can't make toys out of that mess!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.