Megatron is NOT a Prime

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SMS55, Jun 28, 2009.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Let me explain why. Last night while watching for the second time, if I heard Jet Fire correctly he says "only a Prime can kill the Fallen". I think some are taking this out of context and assuming that only Primes can kill Primes. He is only referring to the Fallen. Then after Prime dies the Fallen says "finally the last Prime is dead". This tells us that Megatron is not a Prime. If Megatron was a Prime why would he not take out the fallen? Megatron would not bow down to anyone if he knows he could take them out. The Decepticons are the ons that find Sam and get all the info they need out of him.

2. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Good point, but with so many plotholes, why not Megs be one as well?

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I thought this was pretty obvious myself. What isn't obvious is WHY a Prime is the only one able to take out the Fallen. I'd say the Fallen was just full of shit, and was saying that to control the Decepticons.

Of course, Megatron serving anyone bothered the hell of me. Megatron serves no one, but himself.

4. ngnikolaos

Fact.

5. Atlas Prime

Atlas Prime holdin up cybertron

yes but then again megatron, in the 1st prequel comics, was primes brother

6. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Between the term "brother" being taken waaaaaaay too literally by some, a high amount of legend & boasting on the parts of Jetfire's story telling and The Fallen's claiming, and, well, some badly thoughtout writing; No, Megatron is indeed not a Prime.

But here's a consideration; Usually its a Matrix that makes a Prime, though in Animated 'Prime' seemed more a title equivalent to 'Captain'. But what makes a Prime a Prime in the Bayformers movieverse? It obviously wasn't the Matrix, and given Optimus' rare lineage being a descendant of the original Primes, what's the special deal about him/it?

7. daniel77

daniel77 Member

dindn´t you read the comics?

the fallen promised megatron that he would make him a prime, when meg bing the allspark

8. ngnikolaos

Again with the comics saying things that the movie should've said in the first place.

What the heck are these comics supposed to be anyway? Bandages for the bleeding the plotholes cause to our skulls? :D 

9. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

So if the Transformers are created by the Allspark, how is it possible for the Primes to have descendants anyway?

10. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I don't ever remember him being called Megatron Prime, so no shocker here or anything.

11. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

the Allspark creates worlds and fills them with life. Once the world is created there is nothing that says that the robots can not create other robots. As a matter off fact they can, because Prime is "the last decendent of the Primes" which would tell us that the generations that followed were created by the Primes and their decendents.

12. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Didn't read them this time around. And while novels & comics, and the like, help to expand the story and by reading them helping fans to know the minor details; Not a fan of having to do homework to follow a film.

And by that comic's admission, Megatron isn't a Prime. No Allspark, no Megaprime.

But, could I ask, does it say how Fallen would make Megs a Prime?