Megatron in USA Today - The Matrix's Hugo Weaving will voice Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pete Sync, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Sablebot

Sablebot #thinkitaintillegalyet

Soundwave 2007

I think that Soundwave should be like the one that's coming out in Japan, where basically he' s something like an I-Pod with a docking station with huge speakers.

2. Cory Bauer

Cory Bauer Well-Known Member

For anyone looking for a little taste of what Hugo as Megatron, may sound like, Grimbot of the Don Murphy forums animated Megatron's Jaw to a Hugo clip from V for Vendetta that another fan had filtered slightly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-PXgWJL800&NR

Who knows what kind of voice they'll have Hugo use for Megatron, but IMO that one right there is quite fitting in an Armada Megatron kind of way...only better :D 

Nah, it's not supposed to be a trilogy; that is to say, it's not planned as one. Shia's contract says that if they make more films, he's already signed on to play the part of Sam again. Bay hasn't said anything of sequels, other than his joking comment implying that there's nothing left for a sequel because they crammed so much awesome into the first one :D 

The writer's have some ideas for a sequel, including Soundwave, but they aren't officially planning for one. Sadly, their schedules may not even allow for them to do it :( 

3. Jay Moriarty

Jay Moriarty Active Member

I was and remain in favor of Frank Welker. However, if you're going to pick another actor, Hugo Weaving would be up there on the list for me.

1) He's a trained, experienced GOOD actor as opposed to some loser hack.

2) He seems to have lobbied hard for the role, which means he WANTED IT very badly and that says to me he will have some respect for it and not just consider it "just another job."

3) if he wanted it that badly, it stands to reason he may have some idea that the fans won't be 100% on his side, which is good. He'll work harder.

4) He's a good enough actor not to be talked into doing something stupid by Michael Bay. He's got enough H'wood clout to enforce a better version of Megs than a cut-and-paste villain.

I would PREFER Welker, but HW is a better choice than most I would expect.

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    He has a great voice so this is fine by me, but I too was hoping for Welker to match the Cullen casting. It seems odd to put a big screen star in the cast of the main villain but go for a pure voice actor for the main hero.

5. betetta

betetta guitar face

meh, i guess it could've been worse, at least he's a good actor. i really hope he does a good job.

was there any confirmation of welker even auditioning for the part in the first place?

6. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    That digital sample is WAY over-synthesized and could be anybody's voice for them to do that. With Hugo Weaving, all they need to do is for him to control his voice's pitch (i.e. more mechanically monotone) and do some light digital processing. His digitized sample coming out of Megatron's head does stir some vivid images and has potential. I stand by the choice for Hugo Weaving as Megatron as, if they do a series, he's a voice actor they could AFFORD (somewhat) for a regularly animated series.

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Megatron on Spike: "Never send a human to do a machine's job."

When Megatron aquires the Allspark: "I suppose you've been expecting me. The all-knowing Oracle is never surprised; how can she be, she knows everything."

Lol

8. joshferrell

joshferrell Well-Known Member

"The robots destroyed their home planet in a war over energy"

does this mean that we won't see cybertron (except for flashbacks) in any of the movies? I guess this leaves our any chance of a "Primus vs Unicron" battle,unless they didn't completely destroy it...

9. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I'd be laughing if those lines weren't actually fitting and appropriate (to a degree) for Movie Megatron. Except, the Oracle would be replaced with Vector Sigma.

10. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

After seeing the Weaving clip and seeing a similar thing done with Welker's voice from the movie, I have to say I actually prefer Weaving. Welker's original voice doesn't fit the face at all in my opinion.

11. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

Weaving's cool beans.

12. CapnScumbone

CapnScumbone Ruiner of mirth

Just because every other idiot American is sucked into ghetto culture doesn't mean Decepticons are quite that stupid. Should he have a gold faceplate and a giant joint too?

13. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I hope he can pull it off. Don't get me wrong, I think he's a great actor. But a little too soft spoken for Megatron. I hope he can gruff it up a bit.

14. DoctorJoe

DoctorJoe who?

News Credits:
    "idiot american"? nice.:rolleyes2 

15. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

That's it! They're not getting my money.

16. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Don't worry, I'll go more than once to help even things out.
    :dunce 

17. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Personally, I was really hoping for Welker, but having Hugo as Megatron is definitely good news.

Wouldn't it be funny if the Allspark was called the Matrix in the movie?
    To hear Agent Smith's voice say "The Matrix, it calls to me" would be too much.

18. Masterblaster

Masterblaster I'm back, bahbee!

Agent Smith as Megatron?

HERASY, I SAY!!!! HERASY!!!! BRING BACK WELKER!!!!

19. Bumble Prime

Bumble Prime all the time

i like the idea. the edited voice sample on you tube sounds way better than that test audio we heard from welker a while back. something about that welker clip sounded off, like megatron was on his deathbed or something...

20. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    "Mister Bumblebee! Welcome back." :lol