Megatron in USA Today - The Matrix's Hugo Weaving will voice Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Pete@BotCon, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
  2. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

Nice find!

3. Pete@BotCon

Pete@BotCon PVK

News Credits:
    Guess that confirms it eh? I am looking forward to see what Hugo does with the character.

4. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great find Pete, this one is heading to the frontpage!

5. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    Megatron's speach in the movie prequel #2 reminded me a lot of V.

6. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Neat-o.

7. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Guess that settles it. But Orci's comments came from elsewhere, didn't they? I recall seeing the Darth Vader Lightsaber comment earlier, unless he just repeated it.

8. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I like how they snuck in Megs's tech spec "Peace through Tyranny". And they seem to hint that Megatron does get an earth mode at some point.

9. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    They just reported it on The Feed on G4 too. Literally just minutes ago.

10. Shaun_C

Shaun_C The REAL One True fan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

This comment interests me

Does this mean that some things have changed that we aren't aware of? Because last I knew Megatron doesn't modify himself to an earthen vehicular form.

Cool, finally I can be surprised a little. Bring on summer '07 :rock 

11. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Still don't know how I feel about this. But I do like Hugo, so I guess that's a good sign. ^_^

12. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    This is pretty cool.

13. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Hugo Weaving as Megatron

Before I say what I'm going to say, let me emphasize that I AM NOT well-versed in all of Hugo Weaving's roles, but I've been LMFAO visualizing him as Megatron, as I cannot get the Agent Smith voice out of my head. I can see it now:
    '
    MEGATRON
    Opppppppppppptimussss Priiiiiiiiiiiimmmmeeeeeeee. . . I see that you and your Auuuuuutobots are trying to save the world again. You and your team shall face immeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeediate extinccccccccccction!

OPTIMUS PRIME
    NO, Megatron. You and your Decepticons shall stand no more! You must and will be stopped, no matter what the cost! One shall stand, one shall fall!

LOL!!!!!

I could be wrong, though.

Also, NICE pic of Coffy!!!! :thumb  :eek:  :lol 

14. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I've been doing the same thing and I'm a Hugo Weaving fan. I really like V is for Vendetta ("Remember, remember, the Fifth of November") and he is one of the few theatrically trained (Australian or not) actors who could've pulled off being behind a mask the ENTIRE length of the film. I think the choice behind it may not be seen much in the first film, but in the sequel where Megatron would naturally have more lines. H.W. lends himself well to roles that have detailed lines without the tendency the ramble too much.

As portrayed by his infamous Agent Smith role, he can pull off a seething, loathing and even brooding character quite well. As for the voice, I suspect it will be dropped down to a deeper tone like in The Matrix where he is in (Laurence Fishburne's) Morpheous' face. I suspect the new Megatron will be a VASTLY different character that is a lot more evil, a tad less cunning, and an outright brute. He will be a scary-ass Megatron intent on scaring small children, raping childhoods, and crushing small trees in his spare time. Ugh, I still think Movie Megatron's mouth looks like the business end of a wood chipper.

As for other voice actors, I'd like Vin Diesel for Ironhide, Will Smith for Jazz, Ethan Phillips (Neelix from Star Trek Voyager) for Ratchet, David Keith for Barricade (or ANY Decepticon), Wally Wingert for Bumblebee, David Kaye for Bonecrusher, Random Computer Chatter Voice for Frenzy, Scott McNeil for Starscream, Frank Welker as Blackout AND Brawl, and other actors/voice actors with experience voicing the animated characters.

15. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I've seen several movies with him, including V for Vendetta and I just don't see him being a good Megatron (unless they synthesize the crap out of his voice and make him sound less cut and dry.) Oh well, he could shock me and do a good job with the character, but I'm just not expecting much from the movie anymore. It's kinda like a slap in the face to fans to have Prime's VA return but not Meg's VA even though someone said Meg's VA could still sound pretty good. I honestly wonder if they chose the current VA just to pull fans of the Matrix into the TF movie?

16. BigBot

BigBot Active Member

I notice they say "machine" and not "vehicle"...

17. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    I wouldn't worry much. If the rumours of the leaked script are any indication, Megatron will have ALOT fewer lines then Optimus Prime. So, even if he is Megatron he probably isn't going to be saying much in the first movie. I say first because I believe we'll probably be seeing a trilogy of some kind. Maybe even Lord of the Transformers? (H.W. Joke)

18. Sablebot

Sablebot Autobot Media Scientist

Sequels

According to what I've heard come out of Shia LaBoeuf's and Michael Bay's mouths, this is supposed to be a trilogy, and I also heard Orci and Kurtzman say that Soundwave will be saved possibly for a sequel.

19. My03Tundra

Ebay:
    If Soundwave is being saved for a sequel (which I sure as hell hope is true) then he should be a tricked out Cadillac Escalade EXT (Chevy Avalanche) with spinners, chrome and limo tint all-around. Thats how I see him in the modern times.

20. EvanusPrime

EvanusPrime Active Member

I think Hugo will suit this version of Megatron. Still, I was hoping for Frank Welker. Hopefully we will get to hear him in another role.