Megatron in TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Fonecrusher, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

If or when they do make a sequel, should he return? In my opinion hell no Megatron should be dead for good, for god's sake no more resurrections and definitely no rebuilding him as Galvatron.

Seriously his character has been dragged through the mud enough, his name tarnished beyond repair. Humiliated time and time again, made a a complete joke of and been the bitch to two different leaders now. He's just an awful, bland character who nobody respects or cares about anymore. Bayverse Megs belongs tucked away in the same draw as Jolt, never to appear or be spoken of again.

After the bitter disappointment alot of us had with the Cons in the last few movies. I think a new leader would help mark the beginning of a new era of the Decepticons, almost like a new generation of them. TF4 needs to make the Cons matter again, and change should start at the very top.

So either bring in a competely new Con leader who is actually capable of, you know leading his army and doing something, or if they do Galvatron do him as a competely new character unrelated to that pile of scrap metal which is now DOTM Megatron.

I just fear Hasbro don't have the balls to leave out someone like Megatron and we will continually see him being brought back just to get his ass kicked again, and the cycle will go on and on.

2. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Seeing as this is the last movie, it's a safe bet that he's dead for good.

3. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, they would have to bring Megatron back if theres a 4th one, either as Galvatron or Megatron (again)

I'm leaning towards Galvie

4. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

Megatron was immensely underplayed in DOTM. :( 

5. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think the character could be redeemed if he were brought back (by Unicron, Quintessons, or whatever) as Galvatron and actually did stuff like fight and conquer and destroy.

6. Optronix_prime

Optronix_prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah just rebuild megatron completely, Megatron was poorly re-constructed in ROTF, and looked like he repaired himself shittily for DOTM. Just have someone take the spark of Megatron and fit it into a brand new body.

7. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

It's a Hasbro franchise. Megatron will return somehow, as Megatron...because Hasbro knows that non-fans immediately recognize him as Optimus Prime's nemesis.

And let's not forget - Hasbro is out to make mucho buxx

8. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

If TF4 happened, using the continuity already established (no reboot), I'd like to see Galvatron, Cyclonus, and Scourge as some sort of Decepticon commando team that was off doing something else. Megatron "broadcasts a message about his master plan" with Sentinel and they come to investigate/help/fight/whatever. Boom. New bad guy.

That, or just invent a new bad guy out of a minor/side character Decepticon who hasn't really been explored. Bringing Megs back is a bad idea.

9. Fonecrusher

Fonecrusher Megatron wants YOU

The thing is why does Galvatron have to be Megatron? Just because of Gee Wun? IDW has shown you can make a decent Galvatron who has nothing to do with Megatron.

I would love if they brought in Galvatron as this mysterious new Con who's past is shrouded in secrecy, his own troops wouldn't even know where he came from. Like the cons were just in absolute disarray after DOTM with their chain of command completely destroyed and he just came in and took leadership and restored them to power. Kinda like the backstory of Cyclonus in Animated.

10. mephisto1138

mephisto1138 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Word. I'd be fine with them making Galvatron his own character, as in the IDW verse. And make him TERRIFYING. The way Megs should have been.

11. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

leaders do more than fighting, they plan ahead and build army's to bring their plan to where they want. Megatron in DOTM was typical G1 megatron, he plots and deceives and he managed to get the original leader of the autobots on his side, and build a mass army that was this close to achieving what he set out to do years ago, that is pretty badass to me. But megatron was the cause and destruction of his own plan, his ego destroying sentinal prime was the undoing of the decepticons, but he showed everyone after he crushed sentinal what he is capable of.

We say he was dragged through the mud through out the series

TF1 - megatron was in his prime, he kicked optimus's ass throughout the city even with no humans around prime was still getting an ass kicking, consider how violent optimus was in the city in DOTM, that buries the myth optimus was holding back. Prime was just not has strong has megs in 1, has 2 and 3 prime got stronger, while megatron got weaker.

ROTF - rebuilt not has effective has his original form, he managed to lure optimus into the forest, ambush prime in a 3 on 1 assault, and killing him. He also killed sam but was brought back to life by the prime's

DOTM - managed to get sentinal and allot of the humans on his side, and this achievement with sentinal saw optimus almost killed twice. Looks like he used the fallen for his own ends, and He totally destroyed sentinal which saved optimus's life, this plan saw the downfall of sentinal prime.

So overall, megatron was a brilliant leader, just because he did not do much fighting in 2 and 3 does not make him a bad leader

12. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

That would be sweet. If I recall, there are still cons at large around the world that were seen putting pillars up.

13. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I think it would be neat if, for a sequel, they did a Beast Wars thing but did animal like robots that transform into other things (ala Laserbeak) and gave them different names/back stories. For example it could be that the Maximals and Predacons are subgroups. Preds are lead by Galvatron and Maximals are lead by Rodimus. And...let's see. They could be continuing the war somewhere else and had crashed on Prehistoric Earth and remained in stasis lock. They are found and reactivated by Sector 7, meaning that this takes place before Prime comes to Earth. They fight their battles and the Predacons try to reactivated Megatron and the Maximals send a message to the Autobots to come to Earth. The movie ends with both sides destroyed, fighting to the last moment.

That's kind of a rambling pitch but I'm just thinking this up.

14. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He should stay dead. Not sure why they bother killing him off just to have him revived in the next movie.

It also destroys the emotion of seeing characters die if you know they can be revived.

15. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

You know, I was speaking with my son and nephew yesterday on the way home about this. His spark might be in stasis or such and he could be brought back and redone like they did in the original with Galvatron, but now I changed my opinion of this. Like in the comics and such, Galvatron could be a separate 'Con, somewhere in the chain of command but could come and assume the mantle yet not be Megs himself.

16. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think Megatron will be back if they make another movie; it would be too hard to resurrect him for the damage OP inflicted in DOTM. In ROTF, they had the shard, but now the Allspark is gone theoretically, plus Megatron killed the Doctor after Carly had her "bitch" pep talk.

17. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    no more magatron! They should have unicron!!!!

18. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I want Galvatron.

19. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    Here's an idea:

Megatron unified the Decepticons, and other bands of rebels, shit-stirrers and warlords under his banner through force of personality or arms. Now he's dead: so if we had Jihaxus, Dreadwing, Overlord etc etc as warring tribal leaders or sub-commanders; one of them could take his place (especially since Starscream is also dead and buried) and take the films in that direction.

20. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

i believe megatron become galvatron next TF4