MEGATRON...IN DOTM (decepticon fan's view)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DARKMETHOD, Jun 29, 2011.

1. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Well-Known Member

I am a total Decepticon and bigger Megatron fan! i really loved the twist with Sentinel Prime...LOVED IT! i know our cybertronz elite group were all shocked when he flipped and i stood up and clapped!
    (i said i was a decepticon fan)
    when starscream blew up the arc (taken from dreamwaves arc 2 blow up moment) i was the only one clapping!

So when it came to Megatron i was expecting a total badass moments...but what do i get....Freaking Emo Hobo looking Megatron!
    C'mon man!

Be bold be brave....end it like the movie SEVEN, when you know the cop's wife's head is in the box! but of course we have to have ol'prime save the day....sucks! be bold be brave, let the damn Decepticons have a happy ending....

So for those diehard Decepticon fans, chime in on what you think about Megatron and the decepticons.

2. Colonel Manface

Colonel Manface Well-Known Member

Uh...

He took Sentinel Prime apart. When nobody else could. By himself. Without getting a single hit in turn.

That's one of the most bad ass things to happen in any of the movies.

3. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Decepticons are the biggest disappointments od DOTM.

And frankly I've always been disappointed by them in the Bay trilogy.

The team just doesnt't get that having a developed villain helps the film A LOT, than just having badguys who are only there to be killed to show of how ultra hard-core Optimus is.

Sentinel had the potential but still it wasn't quite there.

4. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

yeah he did himself good by obliterating SP, but his lack of screen time is unforgivable to a decepticon fan like myself.

not sure why they attacked his ship back on cybertron as it was part of their plan, but whatever. maybe megs keeps his plans way to close to his chest.

the prime megs fight? way way too short, i think bay wanted to go home early and decided to wrap things up.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Many of the Decepticons went down like chumps (Megatron included).

I was okay with Starscream's demise because it was somewhat humiliating and fit his character, but all of the big guns?

6. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Decepticon fan here. Absolutely hate what's been done with the Decepticons in the Movie-verse. Hardly any personalities, even less credibility as threats. They can barely handle HUMAN OPPONENTS, for crying out loud. A reboot had better do them proper justice. Give us the warlike powerhouses we know and love!

7. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    The Decepticons being so poorly represented keeps the movieverse from being better. If they had toned Prime down, and made him more leader than "super bad ass killing machine" it would have been better.

Megatron and all the Decepticons were portrayed as weaklings.... makes you wonder how they fought the war for so long. Megatron, Soundwave, Shockwave and Starscream were killed in the weakest and dumbest of ways, and only Soundwave (the worst fighter out of the four) manages to put up a fight at all.

If the Decepticons can't win a fight with the Bots when they CLEARLY have superior numbers and can't only shoot bots in the back... It's terrible.

Worst of all, I think movie Megatron is the weakest Megatron ever. He's not a leader at all, just a lumbering slightly powerful robot. I hope a reboot when it happens, addresses the Cons as having more firepower, more organized and actually working as a military.

As a Decepticon fan, ROTF was the best for them, they actually interacted. I'm lost as to why Ehren Kruger was unable to provide them better lines and more interraction.

8. Colonel Manface

To make the Autobots think Sentinel had died.

I have to say, the theory that someone proposed where it had Megatron bringing Sentinel to Earth so he could get the AllSpark and have someone to kill the Fallen was a damn good one.

Even if he didn't always dominate fights, that would have made him a certified Magnificent Bastard. Plotting it so he gets what he wants, and his two biggest potential threats kill each other for him.

9. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Especially since he came up with Starscream's "Cowards do survive" line. That was PERFECT! Why couldn't we get more lines like that?

10. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Are you serious? He shot him in the back. He couldn't even get a one shot kill with Sentinel's back turned and a clear shot at his head. He didn't even kill Sentinel. Megatron hasn't done shit worth note since movie one... even when he killed Op last movie it was after geting his ass kicked and then he had to stab him in the back.

I wish they had let Megatron stay dead if this was how it was going to end.

11. Colonel Manface

He shot him twice, and then beat him down to the ground. Knocked his helmet off, had him broken.

Turned to Prime, taunted, got killed.

Megatron took him apart.

12. Sachiel_ca

Sachiel_ca New Member

Deception to the core here also, and all I can say is ..... CRAP. Why is it we can kick the autobots around in the first two movies and still lose and even when we have an invasion force bam, couple random humans and were screwed again.

Megs looked cool as hell, but no screen time and bitch slapped by Prime

Shocky defeated by a parachute

Screamer beat by Sam (all be it with autobots tech)

And Soundwave didn't even get to put up a fight against BB

The Sentinel Prime twist was awesome but the Cons being so outclassed at the end of the movie just doesn't seem fair.

All Hail Megatron!

13. starbasetoys

starbasetoys Cybertronian Trader

I thought that Megatron acted like Megatron SHOULD act. In the G1 series, Megatron was a schemer, he was arrogant, he tolerated but despised Starscream, but above all he made it clear that HE WAS THE LEADER OF THE DECEPTICON'S!.

We saw all of that in this movie. He schemed with the humans to trick them into working with the Decepticons. He schemed with Sentinel Prime to rebuild Cyberton (all the while planning to betray him eventually I'm sure). He boasted about how scheming with Sentinel Prime was his greatest triumph. He responded to almost everything Starscream said with distain.

And my absolute favorite moment was when Carly is telling him how Sentinel
    Prime is going to be running the show going forward, and he gets majorly pissed off and goes to blast Sentinel Prime in the back and take him down...because ONLY MEGATRON LEADS!

That part totally reminded me of the old G1 Megatron, who would declare that ONLY MEGATRON LEADS any time someone else tired to take control of the Decepticons...even when Devastator claimed that the Constructicons were going to be leaders too with the Triple Changers, Megatron turns around, looks at Devastator, and basically says "oh hell no".

And his scheme with Sentinel Prime reminded me of how Megatron would "act" like he was bowing down to an opponent (like the Dinobots, ect) whenever he wanted to get them do what he wanted. He would do this just long enough to achieve his goal, and then turn on his "allies".

I really believe that Megatron was portrayed better in this movie, and more true to how his character should be than he has been in any other "Bayverse" movie or TF media since the G1 animated series.

14. YanderePrime

YanderePrime Autobot

News Credits:
    I hated to see Megatron go but goddamn, he went out like a boss, defeating Sentinel like a badass.

15. Ceasar121

News Credits:
    Honestly Starscream's death was stupid, even moreso for him. He's the one Con who always runs when the odds are against him, being blinded he would have simply transformed and ran away. Not to mention, all of his deaths have been glorious, this is the stupidest and weakest death of any Starscream. Not including his ghost is even worse... it's part of him.

Once again, he did this with Sentinel back turned and his attention focused on Optimus. I could beat up Shaquille Oneal given his back was turned and I had a ranged weapon to shoot at him with. Megatron's sneak attack on Sentinel did nothing to show his strength or prowess as Decepticon leader.

16. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

starscream, worst, dumbest scene ever. at anytime he could have flew away but he just stood there like a moron.
    i dont mind him dying, i dont mind sam killing him. but jesus just do it well.

17. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I was okay with it.

And considering Starscream's character (G1-present), I'd say that most of his deaths were humiliating (even the coronation scene in '86). He's not even crowned for a full minute before biting the dust.

Armada Starscream is probably the only time he didn't go out in embarassing fashion.

18. Dex17113

Dex17113 Well-Known Member

Here's my take:

The film as a whole (DOTM) was far better than the other two in the series....AS A WHOLE!

HOWEVER....

Some of my nit-picking on the film...most of it, actually....has to do with the Decepticons. I did like Starscreams punk-death. He deserved it. It rocked. I was happy about that. I wasn't happy WHERE it was placed in the film. The way the 'Black Hawk Down' section of the film was edited lacked a certain amount of psychology to it. There should have been a final charge of the heroes so to speak that would permit for the victory to happen at once rather than spread out. I think that deflated some of the excitement factor.

Megs really needed more screen time. Truthfully, I think the reason Bay killed him off was simply his way of making it more difficult for anybody to continue the film series and 'play off his success.' Leaving Megs alive would have set up for another sequal. Not that I - or any other writer worth their salt - couldn't come up with a plausible new story...but still.

That said, the side characters were suitably one dimensional, but given at least some time to get their character over on screen. Sentinal Prime - and Leonard Nimoy's performance - were fabulous. LOVED that angle. I think there should have been a shot with Optimus over the remains of Ironhide. I think that would have added an extra 'umph' to that confrontation and given more meaning to Ironhide's death all while really putting a final exclamation point on how much of a badass SP is.

Would have liked to see more with Shockwave given how heavy he was promoted prior to the release of the film.

Laserbeak ROCKED!! 'nuff said.

19. Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil Banned

News Credits:
    Plus he destroyed Cybertron. Jerk...

20. DARKMETHOD

DARKMETHOD Well-Known Member

Thank you! i am so glad there are other like myself who saw the same damn thing!
    You guys are truely right, what made DARK KNIGHTso great was that Joker made it look like his plan his scheme was so great that batman over coming it made him look better.

they never take the time to make MEGATRON a total badass to the point you really really fear him.
    the decepticons in the bayverse is just so lame, look at shockwave, so much potential there that when it came down to it, what autobot did he kill? what autobot did he destroy?
    what moment defined him? none....

i just hate how they make the decepticons so weak, but yet the autobots still run and cybertron was ruled by decepticons and the autobots lost the war! so that must mean that the decepticons are BADASS! but we never see it...ever!