Megatron, If Frank Welker Retired?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Lazerwave, Apr 1, 2017.

1. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

maybe Jim Cummings? he is younger than Frank Welker

2. strangeguy32000

strangeguy32000 Well-Known Member

From Beast Wars clear to Transformers Prime (1996- 2010 a period of fourteen years), Frank Welker wasn't the voice of Megatron.
    If he retires from voice acting, good on him, he's been a voiceover artist for longer than I've been alive (matter of fact, he's been the voice of Fred Jones on Scooby-Doo since 1969, a period of almost half a century) but inevitably, Megatron and Soundwave WILL be recast. Just like Cliffjumper, Gears, and all the other characters whose voices have have either retired or passed away over the years.

3. PaperSheep

PaperSheep Well-Known Member

He wouldn't be my first choice, but I didn't hate the guy who voiced Megatron in that aweful Machinima CW stint. He was pretty much the ONLY thing I didn't hate about that garbage fire.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    As long as Mr. Welker can speak, I think he'll continue working on Megatron and any other human or animal voices that want him to record. Always think that if he retires, Mr. Cullen will follow suit. Noooooooooooooooo. lol

I'd be happy to have David Kaye fill Megatron's metallic servos. As long as he wants to.

5. SentaiTFMechaLover

SentaiTFMechaLover Well-Known Member

I started a thread about him a few hours ago, about him still being very new to attending conventions, haven't heard a confirmed statement but I heard from some fans from social media sites or youtube comments, that supposedly Peter Cullen strongly talked Frank into finally attending conventions, because for many years I heard Frank is a very private person.

6. Megasquared

Megasquared Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If he retires someone else will take that role, no big deal. But who make every animal sound in cartoons?

7. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    David Kaye (BW) or Daniel Riordan (RID2001).

8. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Could get the voice actor for Roadhog from Overwatch. He does a spot on Peter Cullen Optimus Prime impression, but I never heard his Megatron impression. He mentioned that he works at the Universal parks, voicing Optimus and Megatron. At first I assumed it was the ride until I learned that's not the case. So my guess he voices them during meet and greets possibly?

It would be kind of neat if he became Megatron. In that same interview, he talked about how Frank Welker inspired him to become a voice actor. When he was a child, he watched the originally Transformers along with other shows at the time. Apparently he liked all the characters Frank Welker voiced. So he started doing impression of Frank Welker, trying to mimic the voices the best as he could. It's one of the reasons he was so excited to get to voice Megatron for the Universal Parks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That's not a bad idea. For some kids whose first real exposure to Transformers were the live action films, his voice IS the definitive Megatron. It might seem silly to think he'd be willing to VA a TV show, but you might be surprised. Plenty of silver screen actors have lent their voices to the small screen. Tim Curry, Mark Hamill...just to name two off the top of my head. And Hugo has done several TV mini-series in the past, so he's not TV shy.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Macross79

Macross79 Banned

Tony Todd (Zoom Flash season 2)
    John DiMaggio
    David Kaye
    Corey Burton
    David Sobolov
    Fred Tatasciore
    Hugo Weaving
    Daniel Riordon

Those would be my choice for Megatron's VA once Frank Welker decides to call it an end

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  11. jignat

jignat Well-Known Member

My favorite is Fred Tatasciore.
    While he doesn't have the raspy quality, his take on Megatron embodies a forceful tyrant that lives up to the classic interpretation.

Burton and Kaye are great actors, but are basically new characters with the Megatron name than G1.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    That's not a choice.
    That's a list :p 

13. Soundwave902

Soundwave902 The Lone Survivor

Corey Burton as Megatron, Fred Tastasciore as Galvatron