Megatron fans

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by rich_prime, Feb 19, 2011.

1. rich_prime

rich_prime Banned

News Credits:
    Come on Megs fans

I can't be the only one here who likes bay megatron seriously

Who likes bay megatron?
    Anybody exicted about megatron in DOTM?

Come on people he MAD MAX TRUCK you have to love that

[​IMG]

2. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I've had mixed feeling on movie Megatron.

On the negative side:

In the first film it felt like they kept him on ice too long and then tried to over compensate for it.

First film went a little too monster grrrr with the character.

Didn't seem to get a really nice special effect with his cannon and really didn't like the way he had to put his arms together to form a gun in the first film.

Some design elements I didn't like such as those really thin fingers or gimp arm in the second film.

Second film it just didn't seem like Megatron to bow to a robot he could have killed himself.

On the positive side.

They wanted to change up the voice but picked an actor who does excellent voice acting and really packs in the menace to even a few lines.

Sometimes they gave him some pretty nice lines for the character.

Really liked the way he could go toe to toe with Prime so it seemed like an even fight.

Arm cannon in the second film, YES! Just wish he had used it more.

Some design elements I liked such as his more armored look in the second film.

Fingers crossed for the third film. It feels like they have some positive things to work with to make the character even better so perhaps they can take advantage of them. Likely doesn't hurt that the writer has a background in horror to perhaps add more terrifying elements to the character.

3. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I like movie megs.my favorite is rotf Megatron.that design is just badass.

Dotm one looks cool too.I just need to warm up on his design

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Movie megs is my second favourite Megatron to BW/M. I loved him in ROTF. It's all the voice, baby. They reached a great middle ground between his snarling savagery and his subtle, smooth-talking natures. And the processing on the voice was pulled way back which helped.

I really like what we've seen of his DOTM body, but I'll wait to see an actual render of his robot mode first before I start gushing.

5. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Of course I like movie Megs great voice a good design.
    Can't wait to see a CGI of his bot mode in DOTM.

6. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    I... acknowledge Megatron's TF1 design. It's not my favorite, but I like the jet mode. Otherwise, it's hell on Earth to decipher, like someone said, a walking shattered chandalier. His ROTF design remains my favorite, because he... simply is badass. A flying tank, with an actual fusion cannon on his arm! Plus, you can ACTUALLY see parts of the vehicle mode in robot mode! DOTM, well, intially I hated it, and I probably still hate it, since it's kinda contradictory for Megatron to take an Earth mode after despising Earth already; and also because once again, he has to pimp out a new mould, new toy. But it's growing on me, and I'd like to see it in action...

Like everyone else, I was resentful to Frank Welker not voicing Megatron, and preferred Welker to Hugo Weaving. When I finally saw the film, I wasn't OVERwhelmed by the voice, but I liked it. I still had Welker as my first choice for this Megatron, but I loved the actually menacing quality in Weaving's Megatron voice. After Welker's great performance as Megatron in the 07 DS games, I still preferred Welker. When I heard Megatron in ROTF, I finally fell in love with Weaving's voice - I don't know what they/he did, less processing, but Weaving stepped it UP for ROTF. And after hearing how shitty Welker sounded as Megatron in the ROTF game... Ugh. So Weaving is now the definitive Bay Megatron for me.

This Megatron, fitting Bay, is probably the most brutal and violent of the other Megatron's, and doesn't really have a sense of humor, other then when he said, "I'm going to kill you! Slowly, painfully!" and of course when he beat up Starscream. But he's badass enough to stand on his own feet. Megatron at one point dominated Prime without competition, and gave Prime a damn good fight in ROTF both times they fought. Here's hoping Megatron stays as awesome as he was in ROTF.

7. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He is one of my top favorite Megs, he is #2.

8. viper2391

viper2391 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm a Megatron fan and honestly they are not doing him justice. Never liked what they did to him in the movies. Megatron not choosing an earth for because he is vain? WTF? The reason why Transformers turn into something is very basic... disguise! From Jet to Tank/Jet now they are giving him a truck mode. WTF?!!!?? To top it all he is with a certain cowl or cape as they say to hide himsef. F! that! How can he assume an alternate mode and not be able to repair his face????!!! WTF??!!! really? I think those guys are stoned when they did the thinking... its like oh... TF fans are stupid and they would buy whatever we tell them or whatever toy we design. If Megatron really wanted to hide he could have transformed into a man hole cover. Oh and there was Butterfly Optimus Prime...if there;s one movie that needs a reboot as soon as possible its Transformers.

9. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I Liked Megatron in Movie 2, to me he actually had an important role. In TFTM, he is frozen for 90% of the movie, then is freed, goes on a destructive rampage, Rips jazz in half, then dies. He had no role. In ROTF while it was odd to see him under the control of another, if you knew that in the Books, that the Fallen lied and offered to make Megatron a prime, then it makes sense.

Now for DOTM, from what we have heard, Megatron is beaten, deformed, and shamed, and He is only out for revenge. Now this is what I like to see.

So overall, while not my favorite Incarnation of Megatron, I do like his character in the Movieverse

10. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that ROTF Megs is badass

11. nerovolpi

nerovolpi Actively Lurking

megatron's DOTM design is a winner to me. why take an altmode? i thought we discussed that before somewhere. the point is, it's gotta do something with the story.

look at that beautiful arm cannon in the picture. btw that picture is mirrored, everything's supposed to be the other way around.

anyway, movie megatron is awesome. nuff said.

12. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Nothing beats the aristocratic shapes of his G1 Walther P38 mode but DOTM Megatron seems to become the best movie Megatron yet imo.

When I first learned the mystery truck would be Megatron, I had hoped the big fueltank would become his torso in robot mode, to reflect his G1 design....

Not the case afterall, but nonetheless, there's something about this design which makes me favor it over my ROTF voyager Megatron, which I already liked a lot.

But... it's not because of the supposed Mad Max factor....

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I find it a bit hard to judge Dark of the Moon Megatron on just the toy. I kind of have to see what Hugo Weaving, ILM and the writer has done with this version of Megatron to have a feel for the character.

Megatron is just one of those tricky characters like that. Personality just means so much with the character. Yes Beast Wars and Transformers Prime Megatron look cool but it's their on screen personality that really make the character into something far cooler than just his design.

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    DOTM Megatron finally looks great! Although he reminds me somehow of Nemesis from Resident Evil 2 and 3.

15. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

I love Megs with all my heart. I can't wait to see him in DoTM

16. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see how they portray his relationship to Shockwave and whether or not he's really been upsurped as leader of the Decepticons (which I think he will).

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Kimber/Stormer Fanboy

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I will admit that when they first revealed what Megatron would look like in the first movie, I, like many others, went "what the fuck?!!?!?" then when the movie came out I felt that while they did portray him as a very dangerous TF that many Autobots feared, he came off as more of a monster than anything resembling a leader. That plus killing him off way to fast for my taste. His voice sounded like HW was trying to mix his voice with the g1 Megatron sound, which didn't work, IMO. ROTF Megatron was much better. HW's voice made him sound threatening yet charismatic, which is what we expect form the Leader of the Decepticons. Plus his design worked a lot better. The only thing I didn't really like about him in ROTF was the fact that he answered to The Fallen. too me, it seemed a bit too much like Darth Vader/Palpatine.
    As far as DOTM, I'm going to wait and see.

18. zark225

zark225 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Movie Megatron has been my favorite megatron ever since the first movie! He's huge, sinister, powerful, and just all around evil! Especially when he says "Give me the Allspark and you may live to be my pet!" I kinda didnt like the master/apprentice thing with The Fallen but I read the novel before hand so it wasnt as bad since it explains why. I'm warming up to the DOTM design (even though all we have seen is the toy) and I hope he's as badass as he was in movie 1 and ROTF!

19. Kraken2009

Kraken2009 Megatron's Right Hand

To follow up, I 'm a bit miffed that his face isn't repaired, when his arm, his chest, and everything else isn't fixed.

Or maybe I am not looking at the toy correctly? Is some of his face repaired, or is it just like the end of movie 2? It looks like he has an eye, but then again, it is screwy.

20. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    Ask yourself, why were the past movie Megatron toys subpar ?

Because Hasbro didn't have proper design source material to work with.

The toy reviews of this DOTM Megatron prove, the design works and the toy's great.
    I'm almost 100% sure this dude will look great onscreen. Just check some of the recent custom painted DOTM Megatrons.