Megatron Custom paintball build

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by D3adpool, Aug 21, 2012.

1. D3adpool

D3adpool New Member

Hello,

New here. I tried using the search bar but I didnt score any successful hits.

Long story short. I am working on a paintball build that is about 90% complete. Its based off of a modern take on Megatron G1. I thought this was appropriate. Paintball Marker / Gun > Megatron G1.

Anyhow, someone told me that I should look up Reprolabels to get some finishing touches on my 100% working paintball marker/gun. I understand that Aaron Black (owner) does custom work. I would like to get him (or anyone else) to make some cool looking metal (pref stainless steel) Decepticon emblems for me. Size is very small however like ~1.0 inches or less.

Reason for stainless steel? I need to creatively cover a hole where air escapes (stickers wont do there) out of the marker when fired. I plan to tap the stainless steel eblem and screw that in place. Right now, all I have is an unsightly looking screw there. 2) I plan to jewel the stainless steel emblem. In fact, I am jeweling all of the stainless steel parts on the marker to give it a "real steel" look.

The problem is Reprolabels doesnt seem to have a contact link (unless I am just stupid, I didnt see it). Can anyone direct me to where I can holla at Aaron or maybe someone else who can do this or maybe a link of something like this? I tried looking on ebay and the "stainless steel" ones that I ordered are plastic!!!!!

I can post pics of my build thus far.... but I am a little intimidated lol. If you promise not to flame, I will. I would though love to get feedback and anyway that I can make my build even awesome. Right now, I am trying to touch up the details of the marker/theme and any guidance would be uber awesome.

Thanks.

2. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Jumpin' Jellyfish! Super Mod

News Credits:
    Info@reprolabels.com is the email address that's linked when I clicked on "Inquiries" on their site.

3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll tell you right now he doesn't really work in metal, so the best you'd be getting from him would be Stainless Steel or chrome Colored decals.

Reprolabels specializes in printed stickers, not metalwork.

4. D3adpool

D3adpool New Member

Thank you!

It might be my crummy work computer but I am not seeing that option on my screen.

Edit: Still not seeing it. I will look again when I get home on my mac.

Thanks community! Hopefully I get lucky, somewhere.

Here are two pictures of the build:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. D3adpool

D3adpool New Member

Thank you all.

I was able to view the webpage again on my Mac last night and I saw the entire right side which was not visible on my work computer for some reason.

6. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That gun looks awesome.

7. D3adpool

D3adpool New Member

Thanks O1138!

I still have some more detailing work to do. From both a paintball (internal and external perspective) and a theme perspective.

This is a bolt-action pistol build, as you can tell. It shoots first strike round (FSR) paintballs (more on this in a bit), which are breech loaded one round at a time:

First Strike Paintball | Tiberius Arms

I can easily clear a football field with one of these special paintballs.

Internally, I am awaiting a fluted hammer which will give me better efficiency numbers off of my CO2. After that I am going to "jewel" all the stainless steel parts (freak insert inside the barrel, bolt, bolt pin, fluted hammer and trigger) like you would see on real steel.

Externally, I am gonna replace the purple decepticon on the back with one of these purple holographic ones (1 inch size not shown but its the same thing):

[​IMG]

Getting some custom grips to protect the grip mounted rail.

Picked up the G1 Cons: Megatron sticker pack from ReproLabels :thumbs2: . Not going to use all but I will use some.

What I havent revealed on here is that I am also using a device called the Magnifi:

Magnifi - Home

Magnifi + the 3x scope + iphone will allow me to capture those long range eliminations. I still need to tweak the setup but the pictures below gives you a taste:

Magnifi + iphone
    [​IMG]

View through set-up as seen on iphone:
    [​IMG]

So my iphone will allow me to not only capture any image through the 3x optics but would also act as a viewfinder. I dont need to look through the scope (even though its a red dot), I can look at my iphone screen. I still need to get an adapter for the set-up to work flawlessly but it currently works as is. In short, the Magnifi sits too close and I need to back it out a bit to realize the 3x potential. Right now its a little over 1x.

There are some other minor things but these are the bigger things of whats left. I wish I could find a small stainless steel Decepticon emblem that I can use to plug that hole before the breech. That would be awesome!

8. MECHADOOM

MECHADOOM I'm Doombot and I know it

What happens when a stray paintball hits your iPhone?

9. Deadends Meds

Deadends Meds Yup

That marker screams awesome

10. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    HOLY FECES!!! great work..

11. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I'm loving this project...
    :)