Megatron and shockwave are they allies or bitter rivals?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by awesomem131, Jul 14, 2010.

1. awesomem131

awesomem131 Well-Known Member

With the announcement of shockwave as the main villain it makes me curious. Is he megatron's ally or his rival?

2. Thepower911

Thepower911 Decepticon

Usually they were allies in the cartoon..it was usually starscream and shockwave bickering....but I think in the movies maybe a little diff.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    In the comics it was quite different. In most Comics Shockwave wants leadership for himself, or if he does serve Megatron, serves him only to further his own ambitions.

Though really, either way would work.

4. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

Personally, I think they're going to go the rival route and Megatron will get the short end of the stick.

I actually think that Megatron's going to retreat to Cybertron (after his beating in the ROTF climax) expecting to recover and take up command again, only to find that Shockwave has grown comfortable in the Decepticon Leader role and doesn't feel like giving control back. I think that not only will Shockwave take the opportunity to get rid of this "outdated relic", but Starscream will turn traitor as well and help him dispose of Megs. Then, Starscream leads Shockwave and the remaining Decepticon forces to Earth for a final, all-out invasion.

Megatron has been underused (and misused) as a character for two movies now, and I don't see that changing for the third installment.

5. j.a.f.o.

j.a.f.o. Just Looking, Not Buying

truth

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    In TF3, I suspect they will be rivals at one point in the story.

7. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    I hope they're enemies. More interesting that way.

8. Unicron the Pla

Unicron the Pla Cybertronian Accountant

Probably rivals, yeah I remember the G1 comic books, where Shockwave leadership for him self. Ultimately Shockwave listens to logic; so if logic dictates it he would be the rival of Megatron.

9. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It'll start with their relationship being one of allies, then Megs will find out Shockie has taken over Cybertron and they'll become enemies. Hopefully Screamer will not take either side and we'll have three factions of 'cons fighting each other.

10. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    (Megatron returns to the scene of the Fallen's destruction, finding a little hologram)

Megatron: What is this?

(Activates it, and an image of the Fallen appears)

The Fallen: Greetings, my apprentice. If you are seeing this, then for some impossible reason...I have fallen. However, this does not mean that you are more powerful than me.

Megatron: ...what?

The Fallen: It is time I told you of my second-in-command. My death has caused a signal to be sent across the galaxy, to Cybertron. Even now, he draws ever closer. I trust you will serve well under my replacement...Shockwave?

Megatron: ....Wwwwwwhaaaat!?

11. Santoanderson

Santoanderson Well-Known Member

I really hope SOMEONE grows a pair and stands up to Megatron. Megatron has really come off as a pussy in the last two films, and I'm always shocked that no other Decepticons have stood up to him, especially Starscream.

But yeah, TF3 needs a new villain. I hope Megs gets killed off in the first five minutes leaving the Decepticons desperate for a new leader.

12. Lord Shockwave7

Lord Shockwave7 Xbox Live Dictator

MichalBay.com had said that Shockwave became the dictater of Cybertron while Megatron was gone. in G1 he was gaurdian and played the same role.
    In tf3 he could be working for megatron in his absense or could have taken over instead. Bay did say that making a script was hard in this writers strike. The script for ROTF was pretty much a rip off of the G1 episode "Changing Gears" with the whole sun harvester thing. so he could have "borrowed" from G1 and made him a friend of Megatron. ( not to insult michal bay,but then again he didnt write the script.)

13. Cyber Star

Cyber Star Why so Geewun, Loser?

i think it would be more interesting if they were enemies in TF3 :D 

14. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    But...
    we've seen Megatron's head on a stick as a marker in Chicago. (The end of the movie)

15. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

my solid guess is there rivals.

with megatron stuck on earth & frozen.

Shockwave must have stolen all of megatron's loyal men on cybertron. stolen all of megatron property & resources on cybertron.

I just don't see movie megatron bowing down to shockwave. as a more ancient suprior leader like megs did for the fallen.

More than likely shockwave is a younger bot who thinks he's better than older bots like megatron.

my guess,is they'll be a shockwave verse megatron fight in the beginning of the TF3 movie. megatron will lose & ask the autobots for help in defeating shockwave. the autobots will help just to get rid of one less super villian.