Megatron and Sentinel Alliance

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SMS55, Jul 24, 2011.

1. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

As I am watching the movie, Megatron says to Sentinel in Chicago, "this is the victory I promised you long ago." Then for no reason it seems Sentinel attacks him and say it would be wise for Megatron to know he's working with him not for him. In the end Megatron wants to be in charge, we all know that, but he has not revealed it yet. What was I missing? I didn't see a reason for Sentinel to go off and grab Megatron by the face at that point.

2. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

There are four different reasons for that, and all three are correct:

1 - Sentinel is nuts.

2 - Sentinel simply hates Megatron [all in all, the guy was the one to originally destroy Cybertron].

3 - Sentinel Prime was making clear that he would not serve Megatron [even if Megs never suggested that], he was imposing Megatron.

4 - He didn't wanted Megatron to rule Cybertron, so he made that clear through a good an ol' ass-kicking.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    Sentinel had to make sure that Megatron didn't get overzealous with pride, he's just keeping Megatron in check as insurance/prevention.

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke A Man, Who Does Not Exist. TFW2005 Supporter

Problem is he was already brain damaged and Sentinel just made it worse :lol 

It does make you wonder if spending so long in stasis might not have just warped Sentinels brain just a tad as well.

5. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Indeed.

Megatron was getting a little too buddy-buddy, and Sentinel was just putting him down.

6. megachin

megachin Banned

I love that sentence the best line of megatron yet, even if the cons lost in the other two you do feel megatron has almost won.

7. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Also when he refers to Sentinel as his greatest triumph. Even though Megatron is somewhat beaten and broken in this movie, he is still smart enough to get others to do his dirty work.

8. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Go Dennis Erb Jr. #28!!!

News Credits:
    Sentinel wants megs to know he's in charge

9. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Sentinel wants Megatron to work with him to restore Cybertron
    Megatron got to carried away because he finally conquered Earth

Sentinel was pretty much to Megatron "You dumbshit, i dont want to work FOR you, i will work WITH you to restore Cybertron"

10. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. Even if Sentinel Prime had to take over the Decepticons.

11. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    This raises an interesting question: if Sentinel and Megatron's plan had succeeded and they took over Earth, what role would they each have played during the restoration of Cybertron? Were they to be joint overseers of Cybertron's rebirth? Or would one of them have taken charge?

12. RedWolf

Well the original plan had Sentinel Prime as a necessity. Instead of bringing the Allspark to Cybertron it was to bring Cybertron to the Allspark. Earth was a resource bonus. A formal truce would have ended the war with the Decepticons in a stronger position over the Autobots. Plus Megatron needed Sentinel Prime to dispose of the Fallen for absolute control of the Decepticons.

Megatron's plan didn't go as planned. Ending up iced and loosing the Allspark. His scheme in DOTM was pretty much to salvage what he could and make better of the current situation. This all thanks to Soundwave's diligence and loyalty to him.

13. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    But wasn't the Allspark still on Cybertron when the Ark was shot down? So Sentinel's original mission couldn't have been to search for it.

14. RedWolf

Ignore the IDW comics they contradict the films in many ways. Megatron stated he and Sentinel were to meet on Earth until fate waylaid them both.

Why Earth? The Allspark was there.

It means Sentinel Prime knew where the Allspark was and gave the location to Megatron.

Also how do you suppose the Allspark was "lost". Why using a space bridge of course.

The whole Autobot version of the Space Bridge plan makes sense that they could colonize a planet after reacquiring the Allspark while preparing to retake Cybertron.

According to Hasbro's glossary the Ark was instrumental in tracking down the Allspark.

15. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I wonder what Starscream was thinking when Megatron was getting smacked around by Sentinel there on the roof. I would have liked a shot of starscream like, looking at Sentinel smack Megatron. Then smirking after Sentinel says megatron would be wise to remember the difference.

16. Black Oracle

News Credits:
    That all makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. I was never really sure what the details of Sentinel's original plan were. It seems like the comics don't fit a lot of things in the movies.

So if the Allspark was already on Earth when the Ark launched and Sentinel had agreed to meet Megatron there, then Megatron hadn't left Cybertron immediately to chase after the Allspark as has previously been shown in the comics.