Megatron a Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaScreamtron, Aug 19, 2009.

1. MegaScreamtron

MegaScreamtron Decepticon

I was with a friend today, and he told me something that invloved Megatron.

"Remember in the first movie how prime said,"You left me no choice brother!", doesn't that make Megatron a Prime?"

Yeah that kinda got me wondering. Thought I'll give you a new thread.

BAM!:bay 

2. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, his name used to be Meganus Prime.

3. MACRAPTRON

MACRAPTRON Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, his name used to be Meganus Prime.

4. MegaScreamtron

Why'd you double post?

5. cnic

cnic Decepticon

I think it just meant they were from the same race and not actual "brothers". Kind of like calling a best friend bro or brother.Remember, they were actually co-rulers of Cybertron and were probably pretty close at some point in time.

6. MegaScreamtron

Yeah that's what I tried to explain to my friend, but I couldn't seem to get the words out right.

7. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Doubt it. From what I recall, the same symbol that was on the sarcophagi of the original Primes was on Optimus's head, which lead his research team to call him Optimus Prime. I doubt that every descendent of the original Primes has to be a Prime. Kind of like how, in the series Avatar the Last Airbender, Katara is a waterbender, but her brother, father, and I'm pretty sure mother, aren't.

8. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Only a Prime can kill a Prime. Megatron killed Prime.

Megatron Prime.

9. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Only a Prime can kill THE FALLEN. I don't know where this whole "Only a Prime can kill a Prime" thing came from.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Y'know, maybe that's why they dropped the whole "Megatron wanna be a Prime thing"?

He could already be one!

11. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

I guess that in the movieverse there arent enough arguments to support either of the possibilities. Megatron could be or could not be a Prime, but there is no evidence of any for now.

Anyway, in ROTF, they mention there were how many primes? 9? Its obvious Megatron nor Optimus were one of them, but Optimus is descended from them. Could be the same for Megatron.

For now there is no conclusive answer.

12. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

my theory
    he may have been a prime but after him adopting the fallen as his master and learned what the primes did to him he rejected the prime title and dawned a new name.
    my theory could be likened to how anakin became darth vader.

dig it?

13. Kando

Kando Well-Known Member

Didn't Jetfire say only a Prime can kill another Prime, not just specifically Fallen Prime? I've only seen the movie once, so maybe I am mistaken, but since that's what everyone else has been saying I thought I remembered correctly.

14. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Optimus and Megatron are not brothers as in siblings. But if they were, then Megatron would be the Danny Devito twin that got all the left over crap and Optimus would be the Arnold twin that got all the primey goodness before they hatched.

15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I thought that Megatron wasn't a Prime, that's why he sided with The Fallen in order to attain the powers of a Prime. I think the only reason he was able to kill Optimus at the end of the forest battle in ROTF was because he's, well, a powerful fighter who has more experience in battle than Optimus.

I don't think Megatron was truly Optimus's brother. They were co-rulers as far as I'm concerned, that they used to be close, but that's where it ends.

16. a person

a person Is not amused.

News Credits:
    I think he killed Optimus to prove a point to himself; he knew that he didn't need to be a Prime to be powerful.

17. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Megatron is not a Prime.

Optimus & Megatron ruled Cybertron together as 'brothers' in a non-biological-family sense.

It has never been said 'Only a Prime can kill a Prime'. Never. Not once. The line from both The Fallen and from Jetfire is "Only a Prime can kill me/The Fallen".

Villains lie and boast constantly.

Jetfire once served the Fallen, so this legend comes straight from The Fallen's claims only.

Megatron temporarily killed Optimus because he (A) is powerful and (B) got a shot at mega-shanking him from behind. Optimus is a badass, not an immortal*. Primes can die, period.

That is all.

*term does not apply to special cases where an Allspark Cube or Shard, or The Matrix of Leadership is involved.

That is all.

18. blue death

blue death TokuNation Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    THIS!!!!!!! :bowdown: 

19. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree

20. Roook

Roook Well-Known Member

What do you think? That 'Prime' is like a lastname? Like Optimus' full name is 'Optimus Leeroy Prime'? And if he has a kid he'll name him Optimus Prime Jr? And if he went out and got his doctorate degree he'd be Dr. Prime? And he'd introduce people to his brother Megatron Prime? And if he got married to Ultra Magnus then Ultra Magnus would put a dash in his name and say 'I'm Ultra Magnus-Prime?'

Seriously? That's not how it works. 'Prime' is not their last name. It's not the Prime family. They don't have Prime Family reunions with Granny Prime and Aunt Prime and wear t-shirts saying 'I went to the Prime Family Reunion and all I got was this crappy t-shirt'