Megatron a good leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think such a move would be suicidal.

Humans aren't incompetent or useless as MECH has shown. Megatron wouldn't get far with such an endeavor. I think it is he who would be on his knees in a week or he'd go down fighting in a week...whichever would come first.

2. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He procured intel from his chief enemy which has produced results for him already and continues to provide him with new intel. Through Megatron's machinations, the Decepticons have access to a stream of information the Autobots don't. And what happened to "We can't let the Decepticons complete their space bridge! We can't let the Decepticons complete their space bridge!" Who has a completed space bridge? The Decepticons.

The Autobots are completely reactionary. The Decepticons come up with plans and execute them at will, while the Autobots play catch up just trying to keep them in check. Megatron is proactive, Optimus is not.

Nope.

3. Deltus

Deltus 異種

That's the problem with heroes, really. Their only purpose in life is to thwart others. They make no plans, develop no strategies. They react instead of act. Without villains, heroes would stagnate. Without heroes, villains would be running the world. Heroes have morals. Villains have work ethic.

TFWiki Beastwars Megatron

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    That's the problem with super-heroes. But the Autobots are supposed to be soldiers fighting a war, not super-heroes stopping bank robberies. In a war, the general or supreme commander or whatever is supposed to be devising strategies to bring the war to an end, and that can never happen as long as all they do is put out random fires.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Once he gets his master plan started, then yeah I'd call him a good leader.

6. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    I've said this a hundred time: Warship. Orbit. Drilling tanks. Moon chunks. Gravity well.

Megatron could have planet Earth by the balls in about fifteen fucking minutes. Blow up the moon. Fire chunks at Earth. Twirl moustache. Rinse and repeat.

7. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

lol a stream of information. You mean 3 macguffins, one in Autobot hands, another broken, and the last useless? Again, what ground has been gained?

Gasp, a space bridge that helped bring back his sworn nemesis to full functionality and has since not been in use. Awesome space bridge use. Also, Megatron made a completely fatal error in telling Orion that Screams was dead and it was so obvious that because he said that Screams would show up at the end of the episode. And yeah, it happened. Great mastermind.
    And yes, the Autobots as far as we know, unless I missed something, are able to access it at anytime.

Being proactive doesn't help when the reactionaries are able to stop you at every turn. It must have been embarrassing having Bumblebee take something from you as if you were a baby.

Optimus has reason for being reactionary, as said in "Stronger, Faster." And since One Shall Fall, he hasn't had the chance to assault the Nemesis again. And as stated before, I have a low opinion of Prime Optimus, so saying Megatron is better isn't saying much.

What plans are you talking about? They're just scavenging for resources like the Bots are when they're on patrol. He's not anymore proactive than Prime is. Ratchet always detects an energon source, they fight over it.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Whatever your opinion of the things he's accomplished, it's undeniable he accomplished them. You want to marginalize their potential effect because it hurts your argument, but that's not enough. Your original statement was that he's accomplished nothing, which is factually incorrect.

9. Puck Hockey

Marginalize their effect? So what I've been saying is factually incorrect? He has informed the audience that he obtained more than 3 artifact locations and didn't only retrieved one that is useless? He hasn't made a space bridge for the sole purpose of Jack visiting Vector Sigma so the writers could restore the status quo? It's not fact that he has yet to gain any ground over the Bots since the show started? I've countered your arguments and you rely on the premise's information as your sole point.

The character, in fiction, in show, from what is shown, is not a good leader and is not capable of the feats the story claims he has accomplished. It's a character that does not reflect the qualities he is said to have. Soundwave, on the other hand...

You know what? You're right. You win. The Aligned continuity is a mess anyways with it's conflicting stories and it's questionable writing and story telling level. Megatron is a fantastic leader who's just suffering mental instability after his incidents with Dark Energon.

10. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    whew.

11. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

soundwave on the other hand what?all soundwave is is a mute walking computer,outside of following megatrons orders since G1 he has not proven 1 time he could lead anything,the coolness factor should not play into this,I feel too many people jump on the soundwave bandwagon because he looks and sounds(or used to)cool,that robot is nothing but a tool for megatron to use,and he does it well.

12. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, I don't think he's a good leader, but he's pretty good at fighting (of course) and he kinda knows who's going to betray him (I guess he relies on his gut feelings or Soundwave).

13. CelticMutt

CelticMutt Baka Mitai

Technically, Megatron owning the Hammer is a win for him. As long as he possesses it, he is denying the Autobots a major strategic advantage. Real world battles and wars have been fought not to own something yourself, but to deny your enemy from having it.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

That isn't a good argument. Megatron has gained some ground but if the enemy can destroy or access the ground, what bloody point is it? In fact once something has been destroyed, he in fact has lost ground. He has lost ground if you count the mcguffins from project Iacon.

15. Puck Hockey

He doesn't need to lead. He lets others believe they lead and manipulates them. I'm not saying he does, but he could and he doesn't need to lead directly. He's Megatron's go to man for things out of his grasp. He keeps everything in check. He'll never put himself into a bad situation.

I'm just saying. We know little of the guy and from what we've seen, his potential is pretty high.

It's not a win for him, it's a loss for the Autobots, but my point still stands that this has caused no ground to shift between the two.

16. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    So now it's okay to start judging characters based on stuff we haven't seen on-screen?

17. 0MEGATR0N

soundwave has shown to be nothing more then an iphone with legs,if he had to fight the insecticon by himself like megatron did he would have been doomed,he lacks the overall brute strengh it takes to be the decepticon leader,hanging in the shadows and being a spy may be an important skill but in no way could he lead,fact is if it came down to it megatron could best any autobot including prime(the only reason he will never best prime is because it has to be written that way)but in hand to hand,strengh on strengh combat no one autobot or decepticon stands a chance against megatron,that fact alone is why he will always be the leader,he is stong enough to survive on his own.

18. Puck Hockey

Oh gosh, I didn't want to start this. I don't hate you or anything, just to let you know. I'm sorry if I horribly offended you in any way, but I do not appreciate you judging me as a hypocrite and a moron solely on our differing opinions and websites that I am familiar with.

I'm comparing Soundwave's potential (what he could do) from what he's done in-show. We talked about Megatron's past feats (what he has done) to what he's done in-show and how I believed they didn't match up. The difference is Megatron's past is definite and I found it an unfitting history for the character, while Soundwave's future is not definite and one can measure what he is capable of doing from what he's already done. I already talked about how I could see how TFP Prime let Cybertron fall due to his pacifist nature, which is not on-screen.

Did you not read what I posted?

19. 0MEGATR0N

who me?

20. Puck Hockey

No, I was referring to South kid. Sorry for the confusion.