Megatron a good leader?

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by 0MEGATR0N, Apr 12, 2012.

1. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

in his prime incarnation?or at this point are the decepticons out of wack in the show?with his second in command always changing it seems he has lost structure within,but if need be I feel he only needs himself and an army of vehicons to get what needs done,done.

2. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

He hasn't succeeded in anything, not even temporarily.

3. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaishin

Other than Starscream and Airachnid, Megatron has the Decepticons staunchly under command.

So, yeah. He is.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Insupportable statement. He began a rebellion from nothing and now has the Autobots completely on the ropes and on the edge of extinction. Megatron has succeeded in a lot. He's a great leader.

5. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

well put.

6. Malancthon

Malancthon Kyūkyoku Hakaishin

HK-47 is now a Decepticon? I am okay with this..

7. Puck Hockey

Says the premise. In show, he's done nothing to support this. It's an informed type deal. If this show were to focus on when he destroyed Cybertron and his character remained the same, Cybertron would never have fallen. On the other hand, it's entirely plausible that Prime let his homeworld be destroyed if he were to act like he does now. Not that this Megatron would ever be competent enough.

EDIT: Here we go. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InformedAbility

8. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Not really. To quote myself due to laziness.

I do not view him as that great a leader. However, he has been smart enough to get rid of any threatening traitors lately and has put someone both powerful and loyal in second in command. His strength and plotting combined with someone watching his back, whenever he is stupid enough to do stuff alone and not having to worry about traitors could make the Decepticons more capable than before.

I really hope I'm not seeing things here. Maybe they will at least let this play out in Tunnel Vision and they will actually let him get the mcguffins. It might also have
    Soundwave being cool and decrypt some of Project Iacon.
    If this plays out, Tunnel Vision may be a good Decepticon episode and increase my respect for a lot of them. If not, the episode will most likely suck and just be more Mcguffins. Unless they
    actually found something interesting with Project Iacon.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Nope. His officers are disloyal, his home planet is dead, his forces are scattered and disorganized, and he seems to waft around being generally thuggish.

10. Rewind Eject

Rewind Eject Bluestreak 's #2 Fan

I agree with the gladiator angle, but you said it yourself; he's not that great of a leader. His rebellion seemed to have pretty much used "Firestorming" strategies to render the planet uninhabitable. Not good if he planned on ruling it. I don't think the decepticons follow him because he's a good leader and they want to be on his side; they follow him because he's a good fighter and they don't want to be on the side he's fighting.

11. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    He's floating around in a sky castle with virtually unlimited resources and troops, while he's whittled down his enemies to 5, and reduced them to scrounging around on the ground in a little ramshackle base. He must be doing something right.

And his plan to exploit Orion succeeded. And borne fruit.

As for having untrustworthy followers, that makes Megatron a MORE effective leader, not less.

Optimus has followers who love him and would gladly sacrifice themselves for him, yet they haven't accomplished shit. They have gained no ground in the war since the series began.

Megatron, meanwhile, has people plotting against him constantly, has to watch his back as much as he has to watch the Autobots, and yet still manages to maintain an extremely comfortable lead over the Autobots.

It's no accident the TFP tech specs give Megatron's intelligence as 10, while Optimus' is 8.

12. soundwaverulls

Exactly my view. But like I said, he now has a loyal second in command who watches his back. If the writers are smart, this will result in Decepticon victories.

13. mrtbone81

mrtbone81 Bringer of Devastation

Ebay:
    Megatron is a badass.

14. soundwaverulls

How do you type a snigger sound? I need it now. Anyway, Megatron must have started this series with a million troopers and must now be down to a couple of hundred thousands. He's lost every single large scale battle he's fought. The Autobots have gained dozens of weapons such as the Immobilizer and the Spark Extractor. They've destroyed the first space bridge and could probably do the same to the new one whenever they want. That is, if Megatron hasn't destroyed it so the Autobots can't take it again.

The Decepticons have had two second in commands desert and have destroyed their own warrior. The Autobots don't seem to even need to kill anyone to make up for the loss of Cliffjumper. Megatron is so bad at keeping his troops in line, they do so themselves. And as for Mcguffins, they have only gained one that they can't use. The Autobots may not use theirs but they could if they wanted. The Decepticons have one and they can't.

The Autobots have been the only ones to gain anything in this series after Cliffjumper died.

15. Puck Hockey

Again, more informed abilities. If the show focused on the time before Megs' left for years in search of Dark Energon when all 6 (or more) Autobots were present, nothing would happen until season 2 or 3, if even.

Megs' limitless resources are not limitless, he's constantly searching for Energon as well. His cannon fodder aren't even explained in-universe. They're just there to die and stall heroes for writing purposes.

We have yet to see about Project Iacon. I also don't look up spoilers. Not saying you do, but in case you did, I'd like you not to bring them up.

You aren't allowed to say Optimus hasn't gained ground since the series began because that's exactly my argument against Megatron. And in my opinion, both of them are terrible leaders, so even if Megatron was better than Prime, it's not saying much.

Oh gosh, Starscream is plotting against you. What will you ever do?

Tech specs have a history of being inaccurate.

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I don't like TVTropes, because it tends to make people oversimplify or generalize.

And I don't know why everyone's saying the Forge is useless. It's a really big hammer. Megatron's the kind of guy that looks at all problems like nails.

17. soundwaverulls

He can't use it to create things because he isn't a prime and he can't use it in combat because if he drops it and the Autobots escape with it, he would have just handed his greatest enemies the ability to create anything out of anything. Super weapons, drones, warships, etc. I may think Megamad is an insane idiot but he is most definitely not that stupid.

18. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    And it's lazy as hell.

Except Megatron has.

19. soundwaverulls

When?

20. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Considering he's got a Decepticon either going rogue or betraying him daily, or hordes of troops dying weekly, had his Space Bridge's location compromised, lost his big power of Dark Energon and Unicron, and God knows what else what... Megatron's losing his grip.

It was that Dark Energon which obviously screwed him up. Prior to that, he was, well, obviously evil, but he seemed more reserved and wiser. Dark Energon got him drunk on Unicron's power, and he hasn't exactly had too much success after Unicron's defeat either.