Megatron a former Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 13, 2011.

1. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

Strapped to a life-support chair? I don't think he needed to be in the chair because he simply got up from it when he wanted to (at the moment Optimus died). I mean, I don't think he would have suddenly gotten better at that exact moment. I think he was in that chair because he chose to be.

2. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

"only a descendant of one of the original Primes can defeat an original Prime."

"This does not mean that only a Prime can defeat a descendant of an original Prime."

You lost me at the contradiction.

It's not an assumption it's logic.

What is so special about The Fallen that only a Prime can kill him? He IS a Prime. That would mean that if a Prime (Which he is) can kill him then the reverse is also true. This means that only a Prime can kill a Prime.

Why does everyone keep ignoring the fact that the Fallen is a Prime. There's no other conclusion that you could possibly come to knowing that fact.

Yes, the Fallen did said that only a Prime can kill him. (Him, you know, one of the original 7 Primes.)

Sam used the AllSpark to kill Megatron which was no longer a viable means to kill the Fallen at that time sense there were only small shards of it left. So what is so special about The Fallen that only a Prime can kill him? What is so special about being a Prime that gives you the power to kill the Fallen? Oh wait THE FALLEN IS A PRIME! That special thing about the Fallen that makes it so that only a Prime can kill him is that he is one.

If it's not "Only a Prime can kill a Prime" then what is so special about the Fallen that only one of his own family can kill him? Nothing. What is so special about being a Prime that gives only them the power to kill Fallen? Nothing. It has to be only a Prime can kill a Prime because there's no other way that makes any sense. Only a Prime can kill the Fallen BECAUSE HE'S A PRIME.

3. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

In Exodus it says.....they are just brothers in the point of great friends....Megatronus Prime was the Fallen maybe thats were they got it mixed up.....because he then changed his name to Megatron from a crowd chanting that instead of Megatronus....Megatron is not a Prime, he probably thought he woulda been the next Prime, and thus his jealousy when Orion Pax becomes Optimus Prime.....then Megs kills Hallogen....their friendship ended then....Megs=not a Prime....but a great Leader and warrior...but his means to help Cybertron by his rule was tyranny and Optimus was what Megs at 1st was about Peace....but he went about it by killing....thus the war....Optimus...was and is the Prime or chosen Prime....G1 and the Movies....

4. Dark Autobot

Dark Autobot Child of G1

The Fallen was exiled from Earth by the other 6 Primes....and injured and we know from ROTF what happened. The Fallen/Megatronus Prime then after Optimus' death could come to earth being the last Prime was dead ....well his spark was offline...him and Sentinel....

5. BluRayHiDef

Only an Original Prime or a descendant of an Original Prime can defeat an Original Prime. That does not mean that only an Original Prime or the descendant of an Original Prime can defeat a descendant of an Original Prime.

6. mrdecepticon

mrdecepticon Decepticon Leader

i haven't gone through all the posts on here anyways megatron was never a prime he was lord high protector which was the same rank as prime or perhaps even higher it certainly was as important here is the TF wiki definition of it

"Lord High Protector was a title given to Megatron. It is one of two rulers of the planet Cybertron, the other being the Prime, a title held by his sibling Optimus Prime. The Lord High Protector is a military title, and Megatron oversaw the armies of Cybertron while Optimus Prime was the civilian and spiritual leader. Together, both of them stewarded the AllSpark. However Megatron's military command led to a dangerous imbalance of power when he came to covet the life-giving artifact and formed the Decepticons"

Also i had a look at the notes on the wiki page and found something interesting

"In real life, a Lord Protector was a British term for those who ruled the country while the monarch was still too young to rule. The title was used by the ruling Cromwells when Britain became a republic following the English Civil War."

I hope this has cleared some confusion up and has helped in some way or another.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    G1 Scourge and G1 Thunderwing would like a word with you. :ev: 

8. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Yeah, you said that before, it still doesn't make any sense. If it didn't make sense the first time you said it what made you think repeating it was going to help?

That's an entirely different continuity, we're talking about the live action movie version not G1.

9. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

original or descendant can kill original
    anyone can kill descendant.

10. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Oh that's good. I thought they were steeling from the gobots.

11. BluRayHiDef

Thank you. I don't see why he can't understand that.

12. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

i think that their brothers. i do believe that optimus is the younger one. plus, i think it's the evil in his spark that has formed megatron's face. he's always been evil, i think he just waited until he had enough troops to revolt.

13. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

That was never said. The only thing that was said is only a Prime can kill the Fallen who is also a Prime. Original or descendant doesn't make any difference.

14. BluRayHiDef

It was never said, but it is implied by the fact that Optimus was killed by a non-Prime and that Optimus (a descendant of a Prime) killed an original Prime (The Fallen).

15. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

Nope not implied.

It took Megatron, Starscream, and Blackout/Grindor to kill Optimus Prime. Megatron delivered the lethal blow to Optimus which would either mean that Megatron is a Prime or any Autobot could kill the Fallen as long as they have him outnumbered.

There's no reason a descendant could be killed by anyone while an original can only be killed by a Prime because that would imply that descendants are weaker than originals. If descendants are weaker than originals then they couldn't be strong enough to kill an original.

16. BluRayHiDef

Even if it did take more than one Decepticon to kill Optimus, the fact is that he was killed by a non-Prime. Also, a descendant of an Original Prime being able to kill an Original Prime has nothing to do with strength, but with immunity to an Original Prime's abilities. For example, lets say that Megatron was stronger than Optimus, but that Optimus can defeat The Fallen and Megatron can't. The reason for this would be that The Fallens' abilities would work on Megatron, but not Optimus.

17. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Doesn't matter. You don't need to be a Prime to be a badass.

18. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

Its a logical assumption, but its still an assumption because it was not directly stated nor is it the only logical conclusion.

The Fallen saying that "only a Prime can kill him" is not the same thing as saying only a Prime can kill a Prime.

Whats special about the Fallen wasnt exactly revealved, but he claims to be special, maybe he was demented, maybe he knows something we or the other characters didnt know.

And there are a number of different conclusions that can be infered.
    Thats your other mistake, expecting this to make sense:) 

Bottom line, maybe its a mythical thing, only one from a particular blood line can kill him, we really dont know because of the poor writing.

But there are other conclusions that can be reached.

Your assumptions arent the only option.

19. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

Exodus isint offically G1 either.

20. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

Actully that was the only thing said.The Falen said [paraphased] "Only a Prime can kill me".

That equals "only a original or a decendent of an original can kill me".It says nothing about what can or can not kill a decendent.