Megatron a former Prime?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by BluRayHiDef, Sep 13, 2011.

1. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

The idea that Megatron was a Prime is mostly taken from Revenge of the Fallen.

The Fallen states that only a Prime can kill him and given that the Fallen is a Prime that means that only a Prime can kill another Prime.

Megatron actually kills Optimus Prime which would seem to indicate the comment about them being brothers was literal.

Plus according to Revenge of the Fallen "Prime" is a family linage. The Fallen and the other 6 original Primes were all Brothers and Optimus was the last descendant (until Dark of the Moon when Sentinel Prime was brought back to life.)

Optimus being the last Prime is something that shouldn't be taken literally because The Fallen who is a Prime himself is the one that said it so I take it to mean the last Autobot Prime.

It's at the very least, strongly hinted that Megatron is a Prime. Sentinel Prime was said to be the leader before Optimus but it has also been said that Optimus and Megatron ruled together before Megatron's lust for power corrupted him. This is kind of a stretch but Sentinel Prime could be their father.

Also given the fact that movie Primes are all family it's not a title that can just be given to anyone like in other continuities. Optimus, The Fallen, and Sentinel are all confirmed Primes. Megatron is strongly hinted to be a Prime. And there are 6 unnamed Primes in the movie continuity.

Also, Megatron Prime isn't that far off. War Within The Fallen, according the back of his Titanium box, his original name was Megatronus Prime. I don't really accept toy bios as evidence nor do I believe they're even the same character but sense the Wiki and several fans want to insist that they're the same character I thought I'd throw that out there.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    This should be the standard answer to virtually every not readily explicable occurrence in the movies.

3. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
  4. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I think the "brother" thing was an early idea that was never played with. It's like Megatron eating the sparks of his fallen enemies, but that one's just... disgusting. It seems Optimus calling Megatron his brother has been retconned into a metaphorical sense, not literal.

5. BluRayHiDef

BluRayHiDef Well-Known Member

When The Fallen said that only a Prime can defeat him, I think what he meant was that only an Original Prime or a descendant of an Original Prime can defeat an Original Prime. That does not mean that only an Original Prime or the descendant of an Original Prime can defeat a descendant of an Original Prime. Optimus is a Prime, but he's not an original Prime. He doesn't have the mystical abilities that the original Primes had, such as telekinesis and instant teleportation.

6. sued1234

sued1234 Banned

Your making assumptions.

The Fallen says only a prime can kill HIM, not that only a prime can kill a prime

7. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 Barely active here

News Credits:
    Ehren Kruger seems to have a better idea of story telling than Orci and Kurtzman.

8. twiztidRodimus

News Credits:
    So I assume my clear post about ''Exodus'' being cannon, and Megatron NOT being a prime, but the Fallen aka Megatronus Prime was? Goes unanswered.

9. BluRayHiDef

Sounds ludicrous. As far as I'm concerned, any source saying that Megatron is a Prime and/ or is the actual brother of Optimus is not cannon. It's a ridiculous idea.

10. twiztidRodimus

News Credits:
    They never said he was an actual brother. In the book, they refer to each other as brother, as in, close, or in that they agree fully with each others ideals (At first at least)

And Megatron, once again, is NOT A PRIME. The Fallen/Megatronus Prime was. Megatron, years and years later, took the name of the Fallen while he was a gladiator, that doesn't make him a prime.

Exodus IS canon, and I suggest it to you, It is a amazing book

11. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

There was someone called Megatronus Prime, but it turns out that was The Fallen's old name. I don't think Megatron was ever a Prime.

12. jasonmako

jasonmako Voyager

News Credits:
    The answer is NO, your wrong and this arguments over... lol

13. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    NO. Fallen didnt said that a prime can only kill a Prime. He said a Prime is the only one that can defeat him (Him, you know the fallen).

(If the prime can only kill a prime was true then how come sam could kill Megatron?, so yeah Only A prime can DEFEAT the Fallen)

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Wrong continuity. Optimus was never Orion in the movie universe.

Yup yup. Only a Prime has the ability to kill the Fallen because he is an original Cybertronian. Not that he's a Prime.

15. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

martix never choose deception
    deceptions are evil

16. BluRayHiDef

Who's wrong? Me? I never argued that Megatron was a Prime or Optimus' brother; I am completely against the idea. I simply asked what you guys think of the idea and whether you think it's cannon.

17. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
  18. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

I think in official cannon they are not "biological" brothers but call themselves brother because they were close.
    They were only ever real brothers in the games of the first movie.
    Personally I wouldn't mind if they were really brothers but they are not.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Megatron was never a Prime. He studied under Sentinel Prime, yes, but Optimus was the real Prime. And I think The Fallen was just exaggerating with his, "Only a Prime can defeat me". I mean, the guy was strapped to a life support chair. Starscream could've killed him when he was on the Nemesis, or even just pulled the plug. Since there is never going to be a definitive answer for siblings, I don't think that Optimus and Megatron were literally brothers. Just two who learned together under the same teacher and later ruled side-by-side, and were close as brothers. I am close to my best friend Michael, and we're like brothers, it's the same thing.

As for how two who are at the opposite side of the spectrum, well, for a time they weren't at opposite sides. Megatron got jealous of Sentinel picking Optimus as his successor, and was corrupted by The Fallen, ending their friendship.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Remember the Fallen's powers are not entirely physical. He has used telepathy (on a huge scale) and possibly posesses other psychic powers. My theory is that no, nobody can kill him do to his psychic defenses, except the Primes, who being of the same decent, would be immune to it, even if they don't posess these powers.