Megastuck!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Depthcharge, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Depthcharge

Depthcharge Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well this is a doozy.... I just got my MP5 in the mail today and I can't get him back into robot mode!

The now famous collapsing torso seems to be jammed some how unless I missed a release trigger somewhere. So the whole thing collapses in two steps. The lower-most abdomen section, with the yellow tech on it, is stuck inside the piece above it. Anyone know how to fix it?

2. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    great... and 5 seconds after posting this, I got it unstuck with nothing but excessive force.

3. Maboroshi

Maboroshi Optimal

I had the same problem. Took a couple minutes, but just trying over and over again is what worked for me! Glad things worked out alright for you.

4. Katamari Prime

Katamari Prime Hassan Chop! TFW2005 Supporter

Well good for you. Another odd problem with the old boy, apparently?

5. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well at least now I know what to do if I come across the same problem when mine arrives.

6. jourdo

jourdo TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    After reading all of the problems with Megs, I'm scared as hell to transform him at all (when he finally arrives)

7. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Its a sweet ass figure, no doubt about that... he looks fantastic but yeah, its fiddly and I'm a little scared of it breaking also. The worst thing about this figure is that because he is so intricate you have to right to get a good holding position on him when you do have to pull things apart or push them together. That and you always have some other bit flopping around in your face, the legs were particularly cumbersome to transform back into bot mode.

Anyway, that complaint aside it really is one of if not THE most complex transformer made to date and I love him. Looks good in both modes and despite what I had read, he is fairly articulated as long as you don't get too crazy with your poses.

8. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OH, and I dunno if pulling as hard I had to do was necessarily a good idea... it worked for me but I don't want anyone else saying that they snapped megs in half. When mine did finally come loose the upper torso had overshot its track a bit and needed a little gentle massaging to get everything back into shape. At least now it seems to collapse and uncollapse just fine, I've tried it repeatedly.

9. QuantumShock

QuantumShock Stay for brunch ?

News Credits:
    Same problem with mine 2 days ago, and my fingers hurt :( .

10. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I can't get mine into gun mode - The arms just won't line up. I've given up trying and confined him back to the box for good.

Sorry, but this is a perfect example of the "slavish copying of the past" I mentioned that some people took exception to in another thread.
    There's no way the cartoon MEGATRON could turn into a gun, yet they've shoe-horned a gun mode into this toy at the expense of a decent robot (IN - MY - OPINION, okay??) because of what's gone before.

And the bucket head? The whole reason MEGATRON has his famous 'buckethead' is because it's part of the gun, but here the designers contrive an additional piece to perform that part of the gun as a seperate entity from his head. Weird.

11. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    I had the same problem with the torso being stuck, and excessive force really did seem to be the only solution. However, the 2nd time I put him in robot mode, the piece moved MUCH easier. I guess it loosens up after the first time.

12. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I've been watching Haruhi too much recently - I read it as saying 'megas stuck', as if it were Tsuruya-san speaking...

...*nyoro-n*

Gary

13. Depthcharge

News Credits:
    Ebay:

Well, I respect your opinion about the concept of the figure but I bet I know whats wrong with the arm alignment. There's a final upper and lower notch in the sliding elbow mechanism that is incredibly hard to get into unless you rotate the forearm to as you push down. Its kinda like how you have to swing a long piece of furniture to get it through a doorway when you're moving. Just twist it to the right as you push down and then, without letting up the downward pressure, twist it back into the proper alignment for gun mode and you should be all set. I had a similar problem when trying to transform mine until i figured that little trick out by accident. At the very least I hope you'll give it another try.

14. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

There's some good posts on this matter in the feedback thread for MP5. Yeah, several bits are really hard to do.