Minor/Repaint: Megaplex: WFC Megatron in microman colors

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Christopher-2, May 16, 2011.

1. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

I picked up War for Cybertron Megs at last. I very happy with the design, but... I realized I already have one many Megatron figures all fighting for supremacy.

So, I was motivated to do something diffirent here and remembered a character I've always wanted a version of since I first read about him. He is Megaplex.

For those who don't know him...
    "Megaplex is one of a series of specially constructed clones of Megatron. He exists to foment confusion in the Autobot ranks and protect against traitors among the Decepticons. He has led many battles in Megatron's stead."

Megaplex is originally from Machine Wars, but E-hobby released G1 Megatron in the same colors as its original Takara Transformers release, itself a coloration used in the Microman line and that's what this is based on. There's no paint on the chest piece because It was a personal preferance (It looks cool) and the altmode is largely unchanged. This is because E-hobby Megaplex had stickers left over from G1 megs and I wanted to evoke that (Really, I'm not lazy at all... :tongue:  ).

Attached Files:

2. antapp

antapp Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The colours really work, excellent piece.

3. Methusalen

Methusalen Not good enough for G1!

News Credits:
    I love it! Especially the clear chest piece...

4. vatarian

vatarian Snide dame

The piece on his back folds up and clips over his shoulders.

5. rattraprules98

rattraprules98 AKA Chr0nus

News Credits:
    Can ya make me one? Also, what is that sword from?

6. Christopher-2

Christopher-2 Well-Known Member

Thank you! I knew I had to try it.

Thanks. I thought about how my GameBoy color was molded in transparent plastic, showing off the inner workings. Would it not be cool to see a transformer with a transparent spark chamber?!

I knew that, buddy. As you can see, only the first two images are mis-transformed, the last few showcase him in the correct transformations, but that's not the point. What do ya think of the color-scheme? :) 

I'm sure we can arrange for that. Just send me a PM if you are interested. I'm afraid I can't get you a sword, though. That piece is from the actual G1 encore Megatron toy. The first japanese Transformers Megatron didn't come with the scope, only the sword and riffle, so having Megaplex here hold the sword is a lil' nod to that.

Thanks everone who commented so far. More feed back is always appreciated!