Megan Fox Should Quit Acting

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Conceptron, Jul 24, 2007.

1. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    i think people have way too high expectations

I mean exceedingly high expectations

She did her job well as an actress in a Michael Bay film

Megan Fox and Rachel Taylor had what almost felt like less or equal amount of screen time/lines as the Transformers. So how can you really judge her on her acting?

The lines she was given were lines that barely required much emotion.

You don't come out of the theater with the first thing you say being "Damn that girl was a bad actor"

You either say "damn, that was a cool fucking movie!!"

or if you're going to comment on Megan Fox, you would say "damn, that girl was hot"

or if you're going to comment on her acting abilities, you would say , "Damn, that girl's acting skills are as good as or almost as good as Natalie Portman's in Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones.

But don't diss her.

2. Pelican

Pelican And The Earth Shall Quake

ditto!

3. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

What did she do so wrong in the film that you come to this conclusion? She didn't do horrible, I mean I barely notice her acting!

4. bludgeon

bludgeon Well-Known Member

Wow theres a contradiction if ever there was one.

5. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

Wow...please tell me you're joking. I realize it's text and sarcasm is hard to get across in forum posting but considering the nature of my post...how could you possibly have taken it seriously? Yes, it is my opinion that blondes are much hotter. Another thing that should have made it very obvious that I wasn't being serious was the Spaceballs reference; "Evil will always triumph...because good..is dumb." But whatever, I don't feel like arguing over something so trivial.

6. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Haha! At least it sounds somewhat positive :) 

7. Uncle Servo

Uncle Servo Active Member

I don't know what's sadder -- the original poster's apparent attitude, or the fact that I read through all 7 pages of this (though the 'hot girl' pictures did make it enjoyable).

Going into this movie expecting Oscar-worthy acting performances is like going into this movie expecting Oscar-worthy directing. Shia as Sam was a pleasant surprise, and John Voight(?) as the DoD secretary was good at times... but I went into this movie with the idea that the acting was really just there to fill in the times between eye-candy 'movie trailer spots' with the over-the-top action sequences.

I mean, it IS a Bay-directed film, after all... :D 

8. Dusty

Dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have. It's a pretty common saying where I come from....

And she did fine in the movie. Honestly anyone ripping ANYONE'S acting in this movie went to it for the wrong reasons. And yes, I can see the reply now "I'm sorry, I expect a little bit of quality in my movies", well...to that I say tough titties. You got it from the artists and animators and you got par acting from the actors in a worst case scenario and great acting in the best case (Shia, Cullen).

The movie wasn't flawless, but it was still a good entertaining movie....and could have been SO much worse (see: League of Extraordinary Gentleman, Ghost Rider)

-D

9. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

She does need so seriouse acting lessons but i dont think she should quite.

She should deffinatly stop the lip pouting though :banghead: 

10. Altercron

Altercron Well-Known Member

I agree with virtually every point made in this post in virtually every possible way.

I actually liked Megan's acting, yes she has much to learn, but she's got talent. More than can be said for oh I dunno....Johnny Depp. God how I hate that guy. And maybe, just maybe that might be partly because all my girlfreinds ever want to do is fantasize about making sweet, sweet- Oh wait there are kids here.

11. Azieru

Azieru Member

I didn't a problem with Megan Fox's character. I would have much prefered someone else for the part though. As for the character, maybe someone more innocent and down to earth.

12. fernbern

fernbern Well-Known Member

I still defend Megan. She may not be the best actress in the world, but her character is a hero. She would not leave the battle until she got Bumblebee out of there. That was a good step in character development, and Megan did a great job. When BB was injured, she did a good job to portraying Mikayla's pain. I'm glad Megan has signed for the next 2 movies. I almost wish that Bumblebee had told Prime "I want to stay with the boy and the girl"
    Doug

13. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    It was a joke because other people thought Taylor was an american actress sporting a fake aussie accent, so I took it for this joke that very few americans know what australians sound like, beyond Steve Irwin ;) 

This, my american friends, is our cultural cringe - we aussies cringe when we hear aussies talking normally around americans, because we sound too nasally or hick-like.

Relax guys, she's not Kath & Kim or something bad like that :D 

Conceptron apparently auditioned for the role or something and got knocked back, I believe.

As The One True Natalie Portman Fan, as I said, that's hardly a compliment for either actress :p 

14. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i think the original poster should stop posting.

y'know, just because in my opinion i think he doesnt post very well.

and michael bay should stop directing.

and don murphy shouldnt have pushed for the movie.

15. Dreweido

Dreweido Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Alright... I act and work in a theater when I'm on campus... here's the thing with Megan Fox. She exceeded my expectations. The HBO special mentioned improv happening on the set which is a very GOOD thing because that brings out some accessories to the character that you might not see. Pauses, looks, the way she stands all come off on the screen. Some people don't give you that in a role.

I enjoyed the movie. I enjoyed her role. In my opinion, she was better than Portman in Star Wars and I <3 Portman.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Megan's way better than Portman in SW imo. And way hotter too.

17. nirvanarhodes

nirvanarhodes Active Member

im with you hear, she sounded and looked amazing, no problem with her at all, infact more of her could have been good.

i see no problem with Megan Fox or Rachael Taylor they did a good job with what script and direction they had.

18. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah, true that, portman was horrible in SW (especially when you compare it with her previous works). and...i actually think megans a better actress than alba, but thats not saying much.

19. Lady_Prime

Lady_Prime Prime's Leading Lady

Ebay:
    I agree, KA. The only thing I will say about MF is that her mascara still looked great after the big explosion Star Scream dished out in the downtown street. :lolol 

Megan's acting is fixable...just like everything else. The movie is supposed to appeal to guys......you need some eye candy in the film, not just big bad ass robots beating the living crap out of each other for the All Spark.

All I did was focus on the robots..everything else I left behind.

Heather

20. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

She did well enough and is certainly better looking than anybody on this board.
    Apparently in real life she is one of the few that doesn't do "recreational drugs". That alone is almost enough to overlook the tattoos.