megaman x fans associated stories

Discussion in 'Transformers Funnies' started by MEGAMAN X FAN, Dec 29, 2008.

1. MEGAMAN X FAN

MEGAMAN X FAN Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    images removed

2. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    images removed

3. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    images removed

4. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    um is there a reason why people arent commenting on my pictures ?

5. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm having a hard time following your comic. I'd suggest that you have a line or tail leading from the word bubble to which ever character is speaking said dialogue.

And also maybe a few " Meanwhile...." or "Elsewhere" that help the reader know there is a transition form one scene or location to the next.

6. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I dont understand it at all. blurry pics don't help. the dialogue between optimus and sentinel is terrible. sentinel is plowing snow, and then rushes off to cybertron? that's just odd.

your presentation isnt helped by the mistransformed bots either.

I'd suggest going back and re-taking the pictures, and edit the old ones out. the start of your story is very important. if it doesnt hook people, no one will ever revisit it. right now, there's nothing interesting going on.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Also, its important to pay special attention to the grammar and punctuation you use. In a comic, these are how you express HOW your characters are saying their lines, and if they're difficult to interpret, it makes your dialogue a mess. You haven't used much punctuation at all, which makes it hard for the reader to see if a character is posing a question, making a statement, insulting another character, or laughing to themselves.

You might also want to think about how you're using your fonts, especially sound effects. Look at some comic books. When they want something to "sound" big, they use a big sound effect, not a bunch of exclamation points. Also, they use a font that's ragged for a tearing noise, or sharp, for a sword, or drippy, for a splash. Check out Blambot Comic Fonts and Lettering for a bunch of awesome free fonts.

Also, you used some cotton for the "snow", that was a good idea. A lot of your other shots just look like you put your figures on a coffee table or the floor of your family room. Use a backdrop or make some backgrounds and make a "setting" for your story, and it'll look a lot better.

Lastly, I think you need to think more about the kind of story you want to do. So far, you've got a bunch of pictures, where one or two are related to eachother somehow. But they don't really go anywhere, like a story. Every story has a beginning, a middle, and an end. In the beginning, you introduce your characters and the setting and set up what's going to happen. In the middle, the characters act out the situation, so that in the end, you can show what's changed and how the characters have dealt with things. Something has to happen in the story, or its not entertaining for the reader. Even a joke has two defined parts related to eachother: The set-up and the punchline. Are you going to go somewhere with these pictures? Are Optimus Prime and Sentinel Prime going to meet up with Megatron and the Decepticons? Is Soundwave going to find out the traitor is one of the Decepticons with Megatron? Will Sixshot and Thrust fall in love, in a world that doesn't understand the way they feel about eachother?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2008
  8. kingjace

kingjace Well-Known Member

AHH! ANOTHER MEGAMAN ENTHUSIAST SUCH AS I!!!??:jawdropper: 

Welcome to the industry bro!:thumbs2:  Not a bad start, you just gotta work on a logical pattern for your dialogue so it would be easier to follow. Got no gripes about the photos,practice makes perfect. try taking multiple shots for a single image and see which one turned out best. Can't wait to see how this hbuilds up, good luck!

9. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

I decided to check this out after seeing your post in the general discussions area. It needs a little work. But, if you keep working at it, I think your webcomic will be just fine. Some of the ones I've read have started out just "okay", but now I think they're doing an amazing job. So keep going!:thumbs2: 

10. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    Thanks for the constructive criticism .im only 14 and my camera ran out of batteries so i cant take more photos . and these are the first web comics i've ever made . but i have some ideas for the story i want to make.

11. deltaprime

Seriously dude, you should see my attempt at a comic- The Iyurn Guyz. It's pretty bad.

12. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    Um...what happened to the pics?

13. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    i removed them so i can make better pics . i can put them back up if people want

14. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

15. deltaprime

A trap birthday party? Know what that means? The birthday cake is a lie!!!!!

16. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    [​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG][​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

17. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Oh, are we giving tips on making good comics? There's a slew of things that many people around here do in a less than optimal (no pun intended) way. Seriously, this is aimed at everybody, not just Megaman X here.

Text colors: dark text on a light background or light text on a dark background, please. Yellow on white is hard to read, as is purple on black. This can be especially problematic when not using any kind of bubbles or boxes for the text, since the background color of a photo can change rapidly underneath unbubbled text. Also be kind with your choice of typeface and text size.

Top to bottom then left to right: If you want us to read things in order, put the text bubble that comes first above and/or to the left of the bubble that comes after it. Even if you have to make the tail leading from the bubble to the speaker's head really long.
    Edit: I.e. A bubble on the upper right comes before a bubble on the lower left. Do it the other way and I'll read it backwards.

Width: The forum shrinks anything larger than 750 pixels wide. Now, it's not that bad having to click at the top of each image to make it the original size, but you may not really need a 1024x768 (or larger!) panel in the first place. Just because that's the default photo size your camera is set to doesn't mean you can't reduce it.

File size: I know some of you out there could turn up the image compression a bit, there are lots of comics that take ages to load a single forum page of 10 posts.

Spelling and grammar: I know, half the people on the internet don't know the difference between "your" and "you're". But you look better if you get things correct.

[​IMG]

18. deltaprime

Stockade's sword is cool. Isn't it Animated Megatron's? And I like the way the last pic turned out. Megatron looks cool in it.

19. MEGAMAN X FAN

News Credits:
    here's a picture i ended up not using [​IMG][/IMG] i think the sword is from a lego knights canister,

20. deltaprime

Nice. It looks like he should be shouting "This is Spaaaaaaarta!"
    Okay, that's my second stupid internet meme joke in this thread. I'll stop.