Megaman the Movie

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by MaxLinden, May 7, 2010.

1. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Mega Man | ScrewAttack - Get Equipped for Mega Man!

In the year 20XX, Dr. Thomas Light, a Nobel Prize winning professor in the field of Robotics, creates a series of 6 revolutionary robots entitled the "Robot Master Series DRN" in an effort to use robotics as a mean to better mankind. As a personal project, Dr. Light creates 2 androids named Roll (a female) and Rock (a male) who are made to be as human as possible from appearance to behavior. Rock and Roll are, however, also created due to Light's goal to have the children he was never able to have. Meanwhile, after the creation of the series gains Light his Nobel Prize in Physics and notoriety, his partner and colleague, Dr. Albert Wily, grows enraged and jealous of Light's success. Secretly, a man who wants control and power. Dr. Wily decides to reprogram and steal the robot master series to do his bidding so he can wreak havoc and gain control of the city. As Wily begins to steal more of Light's creations, it becomes clear to him he has the resources to systemically gain more and more control in an effort to reach his ultimate goal: total world domination. With a strong sense of duty and regard for humanity, Rock volunteers to receive a battle upgrade in an effort to battle Wily's forces, thus donning the name "Megaman". The battle for humanity is now between Megaman and all the bots at Wily's disposal.

Written and Directed by Eddie Lebron. For more info on the director, visit: Official Site of Eddie Lebron and visit MEGAMAN :: The Official Site.

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    What?!? Mega Man got a movie?

3. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Yep, and its kick ass.....!

4. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Just finished.... Action is alittle slower but the story is dam good.... Give it a watch and you will see what I mean!

5. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    man I hope he gets back to Ghostbusters Generations after this >_< It was supposed to come out like... two years ago and looked great from what he showed.

6. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've known about this for a really long time, and when it comes out, I almost forget about it (I blame Iron Man 2). Time to watch it!

EDIT: Just finished watching it, and I have to say, for what it is, it was pretty good. Basically, it was exactly like I thought it would be from the trailers. Here are my opinions:

CONS:

1. Continuity was pretty much crap regarding the creation of the robots, as well as the fact that Cut Man is NOT weak to the Hyper Bomb.

2. I didn't really like Dr. Light, he felt way too fake.

3. Not too much Mega Man-based music, though what they had was awesome (more on that in the pros section).

4. Mentioning Sniper Joes, but not showing them? Lame.

5. Apparently Dr. Light collects Alice in Wonderland figurines? :lol 

PROS:

1. The Mega Man-based music they had was great (Wily Castle 1&2 from MM2 and Proto Man's theme).

2. Liked the little throwbacks to various things.

3. Wasn't expecting the Yellow Devil at all, so that was a nice surprise.

4. Because I love the character so much, I was kind of worried about Proto Man. Thankfully, they did him fairly well.

5. In contrast to Light, I felt that Wily was fantastic (loved that he was basically Plankton).

6. Using the Mega Man Powered Up personalities of the Robot Masters was really cool (if only the Yellow Devil shouted "Bubo!!").

Overall, definitely worth a look if you're a Mega Man fan (especially since it's free :D ).

7. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    Thats basically a good review right there!

8. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There's another thread on this, I believe, at the video game section, but let's discuss this anyway. I loved this film a lot more than I expected, and it turned out to be rather heartwarming.

The biggest surprise for me was Roll as a character and how she and Mega Man had such a cute, naive sibling relationship. She looked rather lame in the trailers, but the innocence of a robot trying to be human really shows through her in the film and she uplifts Mega Man as a result.

Overall, the rest of the film was really good, although they might have been a bit ambitious (with varying results) in certain parts, such as the ending. Nevertheless, to make a film with so much character is astounding, especially on such a tight budget. I was pleasantly surprised, and more importantly, very much entertained.

9. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Roll was a little cutie. Other then that, it was OK. I think it would've been wiser to have used more CGI backgrounds rather then trying to overlay effects onto New York City, some of them really didn't fit and just seemed silly.

For a movie, I'd rate it pretty low, but for a "fan" movie, it was pretty good. Though I don't know if was intentional or not to have Dr. Light always look like he's pondering with an eye-line off-stage with a wooden delivery, it started to get rather annoying later in the movie, especially when started using dramatic pauses. The plot had a lot of pacing problems, further hindered by some odd editing choices.

Bottom line, it's an OK movie, I don't feel like I've wasted my life watching it, but it's hardly something I'd recommend to someone if they're not a die hard Megaman fan who's going to watch it anyway, regardless of how good or bad it is.

10. Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade Professor of Animation

News Credits:
    I kept thinking if you put the actor for Wiley in a red wig and got rid of the mustache, all you'd need is a cgi platypus and he's be perfect for dr. doofensmurf

11. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

whillys character actually sounds like him fro mthe classi animated megaman series that came out in the mid 90's lol

they got his voice spot on for the most part

12. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

I agree. I. Want. It. Now.

13. mrhillz

mrhillz Changed his user title. TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, that was pretty good. Yes I sat through the whole 1:36 of it. The Wily theme from Mega Man 2 at the end was a nice touch.

14. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

Minor Spoilers:

Just watched it and am of two minds about it.

As a fan film, it's pretty damn impressive. More things are handled well then not. I'd say it's like a decent SyFy channel film (and honestly better then some of the horrible big budget things Hollywood has churned out in recent years).

Still it's hard to ignore somethings. Like the reveal of the Robot Masters, "and in this corner of the office suite we have three robots and three motor cross riders". Also, not a good idea to try and add lyrics to Mega Man music (ending credits were hard to listen to). Plus, for some reason, I got an unintentional laugh out of Wiley planning global domination from his studio apartment after buying his raisin bran.

Beyond pure aesthetic issues (which I'm sure were mainly budgetary) it does get a bit heavy handed, almost maudlin at moments. I also agree that Dr. Light just seems wooden and flat throughout. I did like the use of Proto Man's music (although I thought he should have been whistling it as he walked past the first time we saw him). Roll was surprisingly well used, as was Proto Man.

I just think Mega Man just doesn't work as well in live action. It crosses into a slightly weirder vibe with human actors, what with Dr. Light building his 22 year old asian man-boy. As anime or perhaps a nice cgi is where I think the best MM film would fit. Maybe we'll get luck some day and get that.

All in all it's worth a watch if your a hardcore MM fan and are curious. Not sure it would be worth it to anyone else.

I caught that! What the what?! :lol 

15. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Dr. Light is painful to watch..