Megaman Legends 3! In the end, it was but a Dream...

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Sol Fury, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Protodude's Rockman Corner: MEGA MAN LEGENDS 3 ANNOUNCED

Keiji Inafune has been dropping hints for months that another Megaman project is in development alongside Megaman Universe. "Something we really wanted to make" "something you've been waiting for".

I never thought we'd see the day. But it's real, it's finally happening! We're getting a new Megaman Legends game for the 3DS!

I'm so hyped for this, we can finally learn how the story continues from the ending of 2.

2. LightningZERO

LightningZERO The Alternity

News Credits:
    I want my X series!

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
  4. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    ServBots!

5. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    Sweet.

6. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    . . . no way. It's finally happening? *wipes a tear away* I can't believe it! I really can't. I thought that, despite all the cameos in other games, that the Legends series simply wasn't popular enough to get a new sequel all its own. I hope it's also released for the DS, since I have that system. I'm not big on buying new systems as I'm quite happy with the ones I already have, but I always said that MML3 would have me sold. I just hope they're able to get the same voice cast.

7. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

I'd be more excited if I didn't have to buy a 3DS just to play it. PLEASE let there be a Wiiware download at some point for all three Legends.

8. cheetorBWORG

cheetorBWORG Cheetor Fan

News Credits:
    It's only a 3DS title. Sorry.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Teasel Bonne needs the same VA. I don't think anyone else could pull off his personality quite the same way.

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    The only VA I could stand to see replaced is Megaman himself. The Legends 1 voice was good, Legends 2 voice was AWFUL. Tron, Roll, Tiesel, Barrel, They're all great.

11. magmatron

magmatron Hyper Sentinel Force!

News Credits:
    I hope they explain what Bon Bonne is.

12. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    What's there to explain? He's BABU

13. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    I think I'm the only person on the face of the Earth that didn't hate the actress they got to play Megaman in Legends 2. :p 
    And I really hope that it's not just for the 3DS. Resident Evil 4 was supposed to be GameCube-only, and we all know how that turned out. I'd hate for the Legends series to do poorly in sales just because it gets released on a system that no one has yet.

14. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Indeed. I saw the thread title and was like "What?! No way!". Then I clicked it and saw it's a 3DS game. Excitement gone. Oh well :( 

15. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    That's kind of silly. What's wrong with getting a 3DS? It's getting some spectacular games.

16. Mako Crab

News Credits:
    It's more of a money issue. I'd snap up a 3DS in an instant just to play this game, but I don't have a lot of money to burn.

17. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister Cat + Sinister = TROUBLE

Mainly the fact that I don't want to spent more money just to get another new feature of a system that they've reconfigured and rereleased about 4 times already. That and Nintendo is on my Bleh list right now.

18. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    If they re-release legends 1 and 2 for those of us who didn't play them (Like myself, played the 64 port of legends 1 and never played 2) I would snap it up.

19. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    This is not the same system as the DS. It's a completely new system, not just a DS with a new feature. The same way a Gameboy Advance was not just a Gameboy Color with shoulder buttons.

20. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Well, first of all, I'm not sold on the 3DS yet. 3D just seems real gimmicky to me, plus there's no way for them to accurately show and for us to judge how good it is until actually seeing a game on it in person. Much like a how a 3D movie's 3D effects are impossible to show in trailers and commercials, and be judged unless viewing it at a 3D equipped theater or on a 3D TV.

Secondly, I'm just not a fan of portable gaming in general anyway. That's not say that it's bad. The DS is a fine system, as is the PSP, though I have neither. It's just the cost that is really off putting for me. The price of the portable units in the last few years or so has really gotten comparable to full blown console prices. I can't justify paying say, $200 or whatever the current price is for a PSP GO for example, when I may end up using it not nearly as much my 360 and PS3.

I also feel the games themselves have gotten too pricey for their nature. I've seen DS games priced at upwards of $40. Some are worth it, some aren't. I'm not cheap, just to be clear, but I do prefer to get my money's worth. Hell, I still remember how ripped off I felt at discovering how short what turned out to be part 1 of Golden Sun was, and that game was $30. Just a good thing it was a damn good game. And let's face it, we'll be lucky if ML3 ends up being even close to the same length as the first two games.

It also helps that, in the GBA's case, Nintendo made that GBA Player for the Gamecube that lets you play your GBA and GB games on your TV via the 'Cube. Which I still have and use to play both parts of Golden Sun and Pokemon Ruby whenever I get the itch. It'd be awesome if Sony and Nntendo did something similiar to allow PSP and DS games to be played on the PS3 and Wii. That way non-portable fans, like myself, could still enjoy the games as well, but without having to spend the money on something we're iffy about.