Megalopolis.toys is pretty awesome.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by StrifeZ, Jun 13, 2018.

1. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I just got my first order ever from Megalopolis.toys (https://megalopolis.toys/). I wanted to share, because I was *super* impressed by them.

I ordered the three PotP Wave 3 Terrorcons. This is what was inside.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The box it came in was a very durable purple and white box that said "Megapolis" on it and was all decorated. Was rather surprising to me. It's not a cheap shipping box at all.

Once opening it, every Terrorcon was carefully individually wrapped in purple bubblewrap. , and was laid on top a bunch of styrofam peanuts. Extremely well protected. This contrasted well against BBTS and Amazon just laying down down one layer green bubble wrap (if that) and stacking shipping contents on top of each other.

Included also were two Megapolis stickers, a social media flyer and a little rubber squeeze toy of their mascot. They didn't need to do this, but it was really nice to see them wanting to put a positive spin on their company.

Yeah the PotP Terrorcons are of course, the main attraction, but I was very impressed by the level of care put into this. Megalopolis.toys is clearly a small business trying to make a good impression with customers, and they're doing it by having very reasonable prices, fast shipping and a great attention to detail. Maybe it's just because I've been an (increasingly disgruntled) BBTS customer since 2001 and have gotten used to the very clinical nature of doing "business" when them (getting shaken down for TFs and slow shipping), that I'm not used to a distributor acting like they give a shit. But Megapolis clearly does.

The 3 Deluxes came at $67 shipped, which equates to about $22 per deluxe. So you're paying a few dollars more. But I'll tell you, between ease of mind of actually getting it (versus BBTS seemingly being on preorder forever?), fast shipping and just a quality experience in receiving opening the box, I'll do business with them again.

The entire thing is a reminder about how small business can really be great. So support one and give them a try! You won't regret it!

Megalopolis: City of Collectibles

• Like Like x 6
  2. Brian Nash

Brian Nash New Member

Couldn't agree more with your review! . For me, I ordered the Terrorcons on Friday, and on SUNDAY, of all days, USPS delivered them right to my door. Salt Lake City to California isn't particularly far, but I was shocked! And for the record, I paid for regular shipping.

They were immaculately packed, with the same goodies you received. In my case, I even received pictures of the box as they were packing it... something totally different from anything I've seen before. Nice touch!

I literally just created this account to sing their praises. I've been collecting Transformers for MANY years, and Ive never seen anything quite like this. I'll certainly be buying from them again in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Aldo

Aldo Well-Known Member

Yeah I just got mine today. I was initially put off by the minimum of $10 shipping an no cheaper options. But considering my box came in smashed by ups, all the figures were still in perfect order. So I appreciate the amount of packing they used. It also came a day earlier than expected. I’m definitely going to order Predaking and Optimal Optimus from them.

4. geezerman402

geezerman402 Well-Known Member

Meanwhile the place I order from wraps all of the packages in brown paper, and then crams paper between all the gaps inside the box... and I hate it. So much waste for me to throw out!

5. DarkEyes

DarkEyes Well-Known Member

How the bonus works?

It is necessary to open a thread like this for sharing and we have to send the link to the site owner ?

I ask because it could be consider spam.

By the way, love that box. :D 

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Too broke for 3P and MP.

The only reason I didn’t order from them is that I’d never heard of them and wasn’t sure they were legit. However, this thread has firmly established their credibility in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  7. StrifeZ

StrifeZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think the bonus thing is just on social media, like Facebook or something. Certainly not here. I don't use social media.

I posted this because I took a chance on using a store I never heard of based on the good word of a poster here, and came away VERY pleasantly surprised. I wanted to let others know that Megapolis is safe to use, especially since we're all crawling over each other on the usual stores due to PotP's terrible distribution.

I also simply had a lot of appreciation for the special touches this small business did. The specialized box, the megapolis tape on it, wrapping, purple bubble wrap and wrapped figures... pack ins. It was a strange sensation of... what's the word... authenticity... when buying TFs between Target, Walmart, BBTS, Ebay, Amazon and TFSource has become this clinical thing. Hell, I just ordered two bulbs for my old projection TV off Amazon; no shipping box at all (just the box of the bulb itself) - one came broken and the other was for a different TV than what I own. It's really dumb.

The contrast in experiences got me writing this thread. It's been a great reminder about how enthusiastic small business can deliver a much better experience in every sense than a giant. Between crappy distribution and crappy distributors, it's been nice for the first time in a while to get the first sense of some company seemingly caring about collecting as a hobby, and not just maximizing the money I throw down.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Rusting...

News Credits:
    I got all the same goodies too. I'll be watching their site for Bomb-Burst and Novastar, the last two transformers I'll be buying.