MEGA Speculation thread for Season 3: Combiner Force-- Discuss all topics here!

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by AirjitzuRonin, Oct 9, 2016.

?

who is the new combiner ?

1. devastator

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. Bruticus

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  3. Menasor

26 vote(s)
    60.5%
  4. Predaking

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Abominus

4 vote(s)
    9.3%
  6. Superion

6 vote(s)
    14.0%
  7. Computron

2 vote(s)
    4.7%
  8. Defensor

3 vote(s)
    7.0%
  9. A Japan-exclusive combiner

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  10. Others

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Novaflame

Novaflame Seeker

I would love to see the return of Knockout, Shockwave, Soundwave, perhaps have him escape the shadow zone again, and this time join up with some Decepticons. and maybe introduce Skywarp, Thundercracker and bring in some of the other Seekers as well. I also agree with having Jazz and prowl as well. They should also bring in Kup, because the old war vet does not get enough love these days, and he can entertain Grimlock with his stories.

2. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Seeker Combiner
    Kup, Prowl Ironhide and Jazz returned is needed.
    Soundwave, Shockwave and Airachnid returning would be awesome.

3. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Originally wasn't canon but recently the writers have included nods to the games and the fact they did originally try to incorporate Grimlock's backstory from the beginning says something.

Now don't get me wrong, Aligned is indeed a mess. Mainly being because the Prime writers really didn't want to follow along with the continuity, the games writers on the other hand did attempt to connect their games with Prime in FoC, hence the design choices behind the Nemesis and Cliffjumper. The conflicting visions led to Aligned becoming the crumbling and jumbled mess it is. But it seems that recently writers have been trying to piece together the crumbling continuity the best they can. Rescue Bots didn't show any signs of being connected to Prime/RiD and for the longest time it was Hasbro that insisted they were in the same universe. (At least from what I've heard, I haven't seen all the episodes yet. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.) But now that isn't the case. I don't know what's going on but something must have happened to convince the writers to try to put the pieces together.

Then again I could be overlooking things and be wrong, but only time will tell.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

They never ever ever tried to follow FOC Grimlock's backstory at all.

As a matter of fact "Grimlock" in RID was originally a red steggosaurous OC (very similar in design to Scowl) before the popularity of the Age of Extinction film compelled Hasbro to force the showrunners' hands to change him to Grimlock.

Furthermore Bumblebee acts like he's just met Grimlock even though he should recognize him from FOC, and it's generous to even let that connection be there with the mess this "continuity" is.

And also one of the shows' execs explicitly tweeted that this Grimlock is not that Grimlock.

Grimlock (RID 2015) - Transformers Wiki

Let it go.

5. Thilda

Thilda Treat your mother right!

News Credits:
    I'd love to see a seeker combiner! But I imagine they'd rather have Starscream clone himself four times and combine with himself rather than bring in Thundercracker and Skywarp :eek: 
    The Airachnid plotline is such a loose thread. A story about fighting Airachnid and her army of zombie insecticons The Walking Dead style would be awesome and I really hope they will bring it back at some point.

6. AirjitzuRonin

Yes i've wanted Airachnid back for so long. People could say she's dead but what if her and the Insecticons fled from the moon on Cybertron to the planet itself and are hiding among it's people kidnapping random citizens for Energon.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TLP

TLP Ain't No Chicken Wing

News Credits:
    Opinions and (sometimes) facts can change over time. I don't see how they wouldn't make it the same Grimlock down the line, since RiD has been pretty continuity heavy lately.

Take it from a shared universe buff, you'd have an easier time fitting most of the Aligned works into one big timeline than making sense of how Marvel handles continuity with its animated outings. (Seriously, one of those shows gave Hulk THREE different origins.) Giving Grimlock a complicated backstory wouldn't be too out of place with what the Aligned 'universe' has established thus far.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

In addition to Bisk, I'd also like Quillfire and Springload. The dynamic they had in their team-up episode was great.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Alienmorph

Alienmorph Well-Known Member

As for me, here's the big ones I'd put in an hypothetical wishlist:

The rumored Decepticon combinable team to be either the Combacticons or some new Combiner never seen before... and the unavoidable Autobot Combiner the series will build up to in response to be either a 6 'bots Combiner with Bee and someone else forming the torso, or have it be a less half-assed version of Optimus Maximus from CW.

More Starscream and Soundwave... their Prime incarnations were pretty much my favorite version of them ever, and now that we've enstablished them to be still around, it'd be such a waste to leave them as they are now.

Grimlock's backstory: I KNOW... Dinobots apparently in this continuity are just another sub-species of cybertronians, and there's no connection with FoC Grim' but still... what did he do to end up imprisoned? And why was on the Decepticon side? Even putting aside the (mis)Alligned Continuity stuff, there's still alot of unaswered questions about him.

Megatron to show up, but NOT as an end-series boss. Chances are that the big mystery about what's happening on Cybertron is connected to some high-profile 'Con puppett-mastering the new government... I just hope it turns out to be someone like Shockwave, rather than Megatron himself simply being back to his usual tricks. His "redemption arc" in Predacons Rising was as flimsy as it gets, but it's not a bad idea per se, and I would prefer to see it NOT being retconned.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    No more Prime characters :lol 
    What i want is to see Megatronus, Steeljaw, Thunderhoof, Quillfire, Saberhorn, Scorponoc and Glowstrike again.
    And great toys.

11. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

He got imprisoned for property damage and possibly hurt some people in the prozess.

As for why he was a Decepticon, it seems like every criminal on the Alchemor got labeld a Decepticon. Probably for securety reasons in case of an brake out, since the Insignias can be located and give a visual hint to civilians that this person might be dangerus and they should stand away and tell the police.

12. AirjitzuRonin

13. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Banned

Springload's capture was left ambiguous enough that he could be around.

I love him too much to let him know.

14. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Kickback also has never been show to be captured or defeated.

I still imagine they probably were caught off-screen though who knows?

15. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Give that the corrupt council have likely had a hand in all this I wouldn't be shocked if the story of him doing property damage was just a front for something else entirely. Perhaps Grimlock was someone who knew what the council really is and was about to expose them and even fight for his life if he had to as well but the council beat him to submission,used a form of brainwashing like Shadowplay in IDW to change his mental and personality state and slapped a Decepticon insignia on him to go with the story of him doing property damage. It would be a way to give Grimlock a lot of depth which I feel he needs right now as well as show how pretty messed up the council is when it goes out of it's way to make sure things go their way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mr JackatooTM

Mr JackatooTM I'm a Colossal boi

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Jazz come back because Jazz never sticks around for some strange reason

17. LynKey

LynKey Well-Known Member

I assumed Grimlock got imprissond at some point befor the war got serious in which case the current council wouldn´d be involved.

(I explaind my reasoning in an thread and no one botherd to tell me why I was wrong. So I stick with it for now.)

18. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    I'd like to see Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge. The Headmasters arriving on earth to stirr things up for both sides would be great too.Mindwipe, Skullcruncher and Weirdwolf could become the leaders of all the beast decepticons and Apeface and Snapdragon would be a force to reckon with. Skullgrin and Submarauder might introduce themselves as evolved versions of the beasties from Cybertron.

19. Tesla Sheepdog

Tesla Sheepdog Well-Known Member

Jazz coming back would be nice along with a more detailed back story about how Glowstrike and the other Decepticons ended up on the Alchemor.

Plus what's happened to Jack, Miko and Raf along with Team Prime. According to season 4 of Rescue bots it's been 5 years.

20. Megano

Megano Well-Known Member

Cyclonus is apparently master of the high council. So he'll likely be there, otherwise I'd just like the combiner to be Menasor..

• Like Like x 2