Mega SCF Hotrodimus: is it any good?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Such Heroic Nonsense, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Okay, in several peoples collection showcases, I've seen this really cool little 6 inch Hotrod Mega SCF figure and I really want to get it. Thing is, I've looked it up and there seem to be TWO diferent versions of HR/Roddy with different heads, accessories, hands - one pointing, one with binoculars etc ....

Now here's the rub: I can't get both, so can anyone who has one or both please tell me which is best, and please post close up closer pictures of the heads if at all possible, as I can't tell which one has the better face, detailing etc... from the online pictures I've seen

Also, there seems to be a fantastic little (again, non transforming) Starscream figure out there I wasn't aware of, (no, not MP:03 :) ) I saw in this picture in someone's collection

[​IMG]

Dies anyone know what that one is and where I can get one?

Cheers,

Peace out (AND HAPPY NEW YEAR)

SHN.

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That Starscream is the Mega SCF Starscream, he comes with a crowned head, different hands, shoulder pads and a cape (for his Emperor Starscream bit).

There are two Mega SCF Rodimus characters.
    Mega SCF Hot Rodimus - comes with fists, open hands, buzzsaw and maintenance hand, as well as a second, visored head.
    Mega SCF Rodimus Convoy - comes with fists, open hands, pointing "This is the end of the road, Galvatron!" hand, hand holding his rifle, and matrix.

Both are good, worthwhile purchases. I can't recommend one more than the other, it totally depends on who you want more, Rodimus Convoy (Rodimus Prime) or Hot Rod(imus).

3. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Thankyou, friend. Right now, it's boiling down to which one has the best face.

I've found Rodiums Convoy (is this his only face?)

[​IMG]

now I just need to find Hotrodimus to compare. Can't find any image close ups on net pics, any help appreciated.

4. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

I have the Rodimus one myself. I chose between those two same figures myself at a convention a few years ago. They both look great but I think I went for Rodimus for a couple reasons.

1. Colors - Rodimus has the more vibrant red, Hot Rod is more magenta.
    2. Accessories - both have some neat ones, but I wanted a Matrix for him (and this was long before Masterpiece Op came with one).
    3. The faces, like you said - Rodimus looks in every way like he just stepped out of the cartoon.
    4. Personal preferance - Leader of the entire Autobot army looks more impressive on the shelf than hot-headed youth, imho.

In terms of height, my Rodimus figure looks pretty nice on the shelf next to Energon Arcee. The two display well together.

And if you happen to be a fan of the character of Hot Rod/Rodimus, please check out my fanfic link in my sig if you haven't already read it.

5. Such Heroic Nonsense

Such Heroic Nonsense No!

Your fanfic is superb, Fairlady, so keep up the good work; you're obviously a talented gal.

And thanks a lot for the detailed advice; I'm leaning Roddy's way now, (but still need to see close up pix of Hotrod's face to decide ... gah!)