Mega Pretender Thunderwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by switchgear, Sep 1, 2008.

1. switchgear

switchgear Nasty Slaphead

Being a big fan I have a collection to rival many and amongst them are some blinders but they just sit in storage as with limited space (due to growing family) I can't put them out. To this end I believe other true believers should have the opportunity to put them to better use and love them in the open instead of in a storage crate. All I want to know is what kind of interest is a complete (shell, inner robot with three guns) but well loved through childhood, Thunderwing would garner?

Like I said, I would prefer this kind of figure went to a collector instead of someone who would attempt to make profit off others.

2. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Prolly not all that much, less you luck out and find someone looking to complete the figure.

I'd do a Search in the Wanted forum.

3. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I'd be interested. PM me :) 

4. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A near-mint loose, complete condition one (with instructions) recently went on ebay.co.uk for £119. I believe this was just a lucky price for the seller; contrary to squirrelcar though, I do think this one is quite rare (I also have my loose/complete childhood one - but am not getting rid of it!). Somewhere around the £50-60 mark is reasonable.
    People will disagree, but it'll probably be those who are looking for you to sell it to them for cheaper :) 

5. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'd say there should be a decent amount of interest. Thunderwing was a pretty important character in the Marvel comics, so I'd imagine collectors being willing to spend some money on him. And I don't recall seeing him crop up on ebay that often, so you should have some rarity value on your side.

6. Blitzwing256

Blitzwing256 Triple changer

I was in the market for him at botcon the last few years and I havn't seen a complete or near complete one for less then 70$ (us) although i did find the inner robot for 50 cents in a junk bin both years (one was yellowed the other was mint go figure) I would happily pay 50-60 for a complete one myself.