Mega Man (any series)

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Shockwave9227, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Any Mega Man players and fans out on these boards? You can discuss any game or series (X, Zero, Battle Network, original) and what's your favorite game from a series? Do you suck at the games?
    Despite I having some bad skills when it comes to most Mega Man games, I still like them for the challenge and fun they all have. Mega Man 5 happens to be my favorite from the original series and Mega Man X8 is my favorite from the X series (I haven't played the other series like Zero or Battle Network)

2. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

Yeah, there's a couple of fans around here; none as big as I am though. :p 

X1 would be my favorite game, second only to Legends 2; the Exe series has its ups and downs, but I would definitely recommend you play the 2nd, 3rd, and 6th games.

While the events of last year were regrettable, I have no doubt the Blue Bomber will be back; his guest appearance in Street Fighter x Tekken while comical, is a start. But hey while we wait, you should check out Machinima's newest series.

Oh and despite what Brentalfloss says, Megaman 7 is awesome. =)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2016
  3. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *raises hand* I like 10 from the classic series I guess. Picked up X5 and 6 recently and been meaning to play through them but other games continue to occupy my time.

4. SAF7

SAF7 LOVE this game!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I absolutely love Mega Man! So far I've played Mega Man 1-10, Mega Man and Bass, Mega Man 1 and 2 for the Game Boy, Mega Man X, Mega Man Zero, Mega Man Battle Network 5, Mega Man Star Force 2, and the two PSP remakes.

As for my favorite games, I'm gonna have to give a Top 5 list (in order of release, not preference):

1. Mega Man 3

2. Mega Man 6

3. Mega Man 7

4. Mega Man 9

5. Mega Man 10

My favorite Robot Master is Freeze Man (gotta love his style :lol ).

5. The Barracuda

The Barracuda Retro, bitches.

Huge Mega Man fan, have been since number 2 (I was only able to play the original maybe a couple of years after when I started hanging out with a kid for that single reason alone). Mega Man 2 and 3 are the best of the series hands down, though #2 is a little easy compared to its predecessor. Then X landed on the SNES and though I liked the subtle change in formula, I still liked the NES versions best.

6. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

Love all Megaman games and X 1-5. My favorite is still X1 even though i still find the game damn hard sigma is a pain in the ass.

7. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't ever played the x command games but I have played all the rest. I love me some rock, rockman,blue bomber, megaman.....whatever you want to call him lol

8. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of the original series. X is okay.

Megaman 1-4 has to be my faves. 2 being the best then 3 then 1 then 4.

9. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Can anyone help me with Cossack stage 3 on Mega Man 4? I'm having a terrible time with the stage and I keep on dying at the beginning.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Can't think of my least favorite, but the one that pissed me off the most was MM2.

11. ShiroPrime

ShiroPrime blargh

The beginning you say? I can't use youtube until May, for various reasons, but try using this.

GameFAQs: Mega Man 4 (NES) FAQ/Walkthrough by CMoriarty

It seems to have utilize a reasonable stragety in beating the stage, but let me know if it works; if it doesn't, I'll try to find another route.

12. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I've never been able to get into the X series as much as I have the classic series - on that end I've beaten every Megaman 1 - 8, including the "Rockman and Forte" Japanese SNES release. I got MM9 and 10 some time ago but unfortunately I don't seem to have the patience in my older years that I did as a youngster because I've gotten all the way to the final Wiley stage in 9 but haven't managed to actually beat it, and I haven't even started 10 :( .

I like the ZX games on GBA quite a lot, but I can't help but feel a little hamstrung by the controls on the handheld games, as contorting my hands to use shoulder buttons in a tight action game just doesn't seem to work out for my big honkin' pianist hands.

As for favorites - for whatever reason, I REALLY loved Mega man 5 and back in the day that ended up being the one I'd put in when I wanted to play something (that and Mario 2). I know few people share my opinions on that one, but oh well :p 

13. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Why and how?

14. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

I spent a (very) short time as the official artist for a well known MM fan site in the late 1990s. I bought a Saturn originally for no other reason than to play the proper version of MM8. I found The Power Battle at a local arcade and played it until I got a "perfect" against Wily. I still have the MegaMan hat pin and sticker (unapplied) that I got for joining the "Capcom Craze Club" when I was ten. I was horrified at how inaccurate the U.S. MegaMan cartoon show was--but I kept getting up on Sundays to watch it anyway. Yeah, I guess I'm a fan. :) 

15. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

16. ronin0510

ronin0510 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    thank you posting that....

17. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy It's pronounced "ribby"

News Credits:
    Never got into the original or X series, but I freaking adore the Megaman Battle Network series. I dabbled a bit in Star Force also, but in the end I gave them up and went and played the Battle Network series again :D 

18. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Recently picked up the X Collection. I stopped playing after X2 as I wasn't all that thrilled with the whole hunting for power-ups game play.

19. Sparky Prime

Sparky Prime Well-Known Member

Friend of mine had a couple of classic series games when we were growing up. I think he had 2, 3, and 4. Not sure we even actually beat any of them but we had a lot of fun playing them anyway. I have Mega Man V, Mega Man Battle Network 1 and the Mega Man X Collection. Never played any of the other series.

The X series is my favorite. At least up until X5...