Mega bot Matchup

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by A/OrionPax/3, May 16, 2007.

1. A/OrionPax/3

A/OrionPax/3 Welcome to Funkutron

So I was thinking the other day if Devestator went and picked a fight with Voltron (assuming the universe voltron defends is the same universe the transformers call home) who would win? To me it seems to damn close to call. If I had to pick I would say Voltron because that Blazing Sword of his is a freaking menace. Please help me end this destructive conflict and bring order to the galaxy.

2. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Voltron would chop up Dev. Voltron is faster than Dev too due to his human pilots. Without the Sword, it would be a much longer battle. How about the individual Lions vs. the seperated Constructicons?

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Devastator out numbers Voltron, plus has lasers. But Voltron is faster.

EDIT: Holy crap, what did I just say?

4. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Forget that - what about Voltron vs. Predaking?

EDIT: The one thing to bear in mind is that while mechs are piloted via external controls (except in the odd series which feature neural interfaces) while a gestalt TF has its own mind (a simple one in the case of Devastator, and a ruthlessly efficient one in the case of Predaking.)

While Devastator would still be a slow-poke, Predaking would be nothing of the sort - and if unfortunate enough to face the latter, Voltron would be reduced to a pile of smoking wreckage.

Gary

5. A/OrionPax/3

A/OrionPax/3 Welcome to Funkutron

good points. voltron is faster than devastator but the separated pieces of both squads going toe to toe would be pretty dope too. If that was that case, i'll take six decepticons over five robot lions piloted by some patridge family cover band any day of the week.

Predaking vs Voltron would probably be a better match-up of mega bots. Perhaps voltron would finally be over-matched.

6. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Voltron may be piloted by humans, but one has to assume that being ancient super robots, the lions and combined form must have some sort of basic AI that controls their complex motor functions. I seem to remember that there was some degree of minimal lion autonomy. I mean, it's not like there was a big orange button on the control panel that said "ROAR". :) 

Anyway, while I think Predaking/Predacons vs Lion Voltron would be cool, I give it to Voltron.

The way I see it, Voltron is a "Super-Robot"... he's one step beyond. He eats Robeasts for breakfast.

In fact, for this reason I think I would give most Japanese "super robots" a leg up on most TFs. Generally, Super Robots are just way more hardcore. Getter Robo, Voltron, Gaiking...? They're the giant robot equivalents of super-heroes.

I mean, c'mon... GaoGaiGar vs. Predaking? No contest. One good Hell & Heaven attack, and Razorclaw's spark core would be a crumpled-up ball in the palm of GGG's hand. :) 

zmog

7. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    The fact that this thread even exists frightens me.

8. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    I disagree with SMOG's asserion - I'd bet on the Preda-badass!

But if you insist, I guess the Deceps can always summon Scorponok or Trypticon!

*Squish*

Gary

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Haven't had a good Unicron vs. Death Star thread in a while either. (especially with a transforming DS on the way) :) 

10. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    If your assessments of the human controlers make voltron faster what about voltron vs 5 headmasters/powermasters. Another thing you have to look at is the alts for the constructicons they are slow but powerfull vehicles the lions eat them up but look at the predicons they are overmatched in everyway. The preds have beast modes just as tuff as the lions plus robot modes. Prediking has a sword too plus his feet have connons on them. Who in their right mind goes up against a guy who has guns for toes!

11. Nerroth

Nerroth Alea iacta est.

News Credits:
    Proof of Predaking's badassery:

[​IMG]

Game, set, match.

Gary

12. SMOG

I don't know why I'm fighting this battle to be king geek, but here it goes.... ;) 

Let's not forget that Voltron fires missles from his toes too! :) 

In fact almost every conceivable part of Voltron's anatomy becomes a weapon of some sort... in that sense, all Predaking has is his toes, a sword, an X-ray laser, and a weak force field.

I'd definitely rate each individual lion as tougher than an individual Predacon. If you look at the Predacons listed capabilities in their profiles, they just aren't quite as insanely powerful as those space lions would seem to be. I also think Voltron is probably bigger.

And the sword... the sword... I think the Blazing Sword is the ultimate trump card. It would probably cut poor ol' Predaking's sword right in half.

Don't get me wrong... a Predaking vs Voltron duel could be really cool, especially seeing as they both have swords and a beast theme. But I still give Voltron the advantage. He's legendary and all that, y'know?

zmog

13. Trombonus

Trombonus Member

Ok, here's my feelings on Devastator vs. Voltron. Devastator is well known as one of the slowest, and ungainly of all the gestalts. He's just plain awkward. Voltron would have no problem with him. However, if we're talking a fight between the Constructicons and the Lions, I gotta give it to the Constructicons. Every time the Voltron force tried to fight a robeast as separate lions they failed miserably. If they can't handle one robeast, there's no way they could handle all six Constructicons. I'd go so far to say they couldn't even handle one.

Now, as for Predaking vs. Voltron, I have to go with Predaking. Unlike Devastator, Predaking is considered one of the most effective of the gestalts. He's ruthless, highly skilled, heavily armed, and unbelievably powerful. Voltron has the Blazing Sword, but then Predaking has his own sword. Likewise, the Predacons vs. the lions would be an easy victory for the Predacons.

Let's not forget that the Transformers are more reactive than Voltron or the lions since they don't depend on human operators to control their actions. How many times have we seen members of the Voltron force freaking out when they're being attacked in their lions? It has been shown in various episodes that the lions have some AI, but it is nothing compared to the Transformers.

Now, here's some other questions. Which TF gestalt do you think would have the best chance against Voltron, and if you had to pick any giant robot from an Anime series to go against Voltron or one of the gestalts, which one would you pick?

14. SMOG

Any one lion is way bigger and likely tougher than any one Constructicon. A Robeast is a gestalt-level powered critter, I would say. One Constructicon does not equal a Robeast. And let's not forget that according to Cartoon Logic, one big slow giant robot for some reason always trumps coordinated attacks by 5-6 medium-sized reasonably fast component giant robots. :) 
    Hey hey hey... if you're gonna start citing cartoon evidence to diss Voltron, then I'm gonna have to start citing the Transformers cartoon for evidence of overall lameness. And believe me, that's not a battle you can win. :) 

To beat Predaking, apparently all you have to do is drop an aircraft carrier on him, and he goes to pieces! :) 
    With GaoGaiGar in my corner, I'm ready to rumble with just about anyone. :) 

zmog

15. Draco Prime

Draco Prime Autobot

A good and bloody fight:

Predaking, Voltron, Devastator, GaoGaiGar, and everyone else

VS.

The Power Rangers in what ever megazord they pilot

Everyone else - no Sweat, we win

Power Rangers - Squish and bitch slapped

16. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I think Voltron vs Predaking would be a better match up in both combined and seperated forms. Though in the end I would have to give the fight to Voltron. As said before, Voltron is *loaded* with weapons. Each lion has a mini arsenal when flying solo and when combined they can still access those weapons AND get even more, stronger attacks. The lions on their own may not be able to take down a Gestalt level Robeast, but they can sure tear through an invading armada with no sweat so they're not exactly weaker individually.