Mega Bloks World of Warcraft

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Roufuss, Aug 1, 2012.

1. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I was the same way. I just bought Arthas then it all went downhill from there. As far as the coupons go, they were emailed to me. I believe you have to opt in to get them on their website (and get hammered by tons of other crap they send about babiesrus too).

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Deathwing set looks nice but I just can't help but think most of the stuff in this line is just future clearance.

Maybe if these came out a few years ago, but WoW's popularity has been on the decline for awhile and the price tag on some of these sets is high. The only one I'm really seeing sell decently is the Arthas set (which I also bought and it is awesome) but the rest haven't seemed to move at any of the stores I go to.

I'm also definitely disappointed there are no blind bags... they seem so perfectly suited for this brand.

3. grayfox

grayfox Well-Known Member

I'm willing to bet we'll be seeing Pandaria themed sets in the near future. These should be interesting.

4. Orodruin

Orodruin @deathformer TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Hopefully MoP will help this line out a bit. A second wave with some new sets and blind bags will do a lot.

I'd like to see a Horde guard tower, Alliance boat, maybe parts of other cities. Maybe holiday sets? Brewfest field with the wagons and rams would be an instant buy for me.

5. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what Megabloks turn over on new stuff is as I haven't ever collected anything of theirs. If they had some MoP stuff coming out with MoP, I bet it would sell rather well. While these sets are awesome, I also kind of see them as clearance material, but I don't think they'll be any worse than Halo is at the moment. Oddly enough, I don't see the Lich King set everywhere, just the shelf tags, as they may have either sold out or not gotten any in the first place.

I would LOVE to see an Alliance Ship. The Horde Zepplin is fantastic looking. There really is no limit on what MB could do with this series, with SO much material to work with.

6. Orodruin

News Credits:
    I just got the four single-figure sets. They're pretty damn awesome for the price. Bad-ass mini fig plus some terrain and racial architecture, can't go wrong. Although I'm calling the night elf a druid because the shoulders look way more like druid gear than hunter. >.>

Really thinking about the guard tower/siege engine set next.

Just realized, I don't think there's any set that has a troll or dwarf in it. Or Dranei. They need to fix that.

7. Darktide

Darktide Banned

I think I'll be picking up some of the smaller sets later this month.

8. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    At the moment they're missing:
    Both dwarves
    female gnomes
    both draenai
    female night elf
    female human
    female worgen
    female orc
    both undead
    both troll
    female goblin
    female blood elf
    female tauren

They're got a lot of work to do, lol. At the moment, I'm only missing the Barrens set and the four mount packs. I was asked for some stuff for my birthday so I told my family I wanted those, so I'm holding off on buying them until after next Friday.

9. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Wow, I forgot the Undead. And Dranei. I wasn't even considering genders.

With all those options they could easily do a couple waves of blind packs, or more of the single character packs.

I've looked at that Barrens set and I like everything... except the stupid rocket. It's an orc, give it a freaking wolf mount! Warg riders are a classic unit from the RTS days. I'd love to be able to army build some old War2 scenarios or something. Tons of human footman and knights, elvish archers and priests, dwarven riflemen and mortars... hell yeah.

10. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Photo dump!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I can't wait to get the mount sets in a few weeks. Tonight Syndragosa fell of my bookshelf. She was ok but cumpled something fierce. It looked hilarious.

12. VictoryLeo19

VictoryLeo19 Well-Known Member

I'm dying to get these but I am so broke right now :( 

13. Darktide

Darktide Banned

Very nice pictures yet again. Im looking forward to picking a couple of sets up in a weeks time or so.

14. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I'm so looking forward to picking up the mount packs over the next few weeks. I've highly enjoyed all the big sets so I'd imagine the small ones are fun too.

15. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Heads up guys- all Megabloks are on sale at TRU this week, buy 2 get 1 free. Not just TFs... looks like pretty much all boys toys- action figures and LEGO as well.

Seriously tempted to go get Stormwind, the Zep, and the guard tower set. Or army build the single figures. Or both.

16. DroidsBane

DroidsBane Bonkles FTW

never played WoW but decided to get the Griffon set to see what the line is like, pretty cool if not a bit overpriced set would have like some knee articulation, the werewolf guy is displayed on my shelf fighting a brute chieftan, might get Sindragosa and the Saroun look-alike set at some point.

17. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    The Lich King and Sindragosa is a great set. It was one of the first of the bigger sets I picked up. One thing about the Stormwind set that someone mentioned above, when you pick it up and build Deathwing, Sindragosa will look like crap in your eyes. He is way bigger, has better detail and colors, and has more of a personality that she does. He makes her look like a silly cartoon character when they're side by side.

18. Orodruin

News Credits:
    So... I did it. Went back to TRU and got the three big sets. Only things left are Arthas, the Barrens pair, and the Goblin bike.

I just build the Demolisher/Guard Tower set so far and it's pretty neat. Working catapults too. I got some lame shoulders as the secret loot though, I'm REALLY hoping I get the Judgement helm in one of the other boxes. I want to make a T2 paladin SOOOOO bad.

19. xanthax

xanthax choppaface

News Credits:
    I need that helm too. I also want the alternate Arthas helm (for the dude who died at the Wrathgate, can't remember his name). My pally has t2 judgement as his pvp transmog at the moment.

20. Orodruin

News Credits:
    Bolvar! I just re-subbed to wow for Brewfest, I should figure out the transmog thing. Not that I'll be around long enough for it to matter, but still.

I looked on ebay, there's not a single auction for parts of this stuff. Only sets. :(