Medicom Miracle Action Figure EX(MAFEX) Discussion

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Shin Densetsu, Sep 21, 2012.

1. infinite_virtue

infinite_virtue Well-Known Member

I just watched the video. Seems like the Mark 45's new joint mechanisms causes the loose joints but since I don't have it in hand (and don't plan to pick up since I got the SHF) I can't say for sure. Definitely disappointing to hear that the Mark 45 didn't live up to expectations. I hope someone will make a video review of the Mafex Hulkbuster to see how it actually turned out. I agree that the asking price is too much for a Mafex though.

2. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    The worst part is that Mafex Iron Man 45 is a $60 figure before shipping at HLJ with the current conversion rate. $80 @ BBTS. Imagine spending that kind of money and getting something that can't even stand?

Every time a halfway decent figure like Boba Fett comes out, folks always say "THIS IS IT! Mafex finally got QC under control!" and the next release is always a POS.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  3. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Aesthetically, I think Mafex's HB is closer to true 1/12 scale and I think they captured more detail overall than the Bandai chogokin. However, I need to see some reviews of this figure to see how good the overall quality build quality is on the this final product.

4. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Well I hope the MAFEX curse skips Wonder Woman because the assholes at EE have had me locked into a case since before the movie flopped.

5. infinite_virtue

Yeah. It's so weird how they can release such great figures (like the BvS Batman and Armored Batman imo) and then others are just so bad in comparison (from my experience, the BvS Superman).

I have Wonder Woman though I haven't really messed with her in full yet but my first impressions are that she is definitely one of the better figures. Mine turned out much better than Superman but I not quite at the Batman/Armored Batman level good. I'm happy with her though.

6. RKillian

News Credits:
    Good to hear. I really liked their Catwoman so I ordered her as well. But I swear, if I end up stuck with _another_ 24 unsaleable figures, that's the last case of MAFEX that I will ever order.

7. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Speaking of Catwoman, she's only $19 on Amazon and eligible for Amazon Prime if anyone needs her. The wrists are super prone to breaking, so keep that in mind.

8. RKillian

News Credits:
    I think they should just cut their losses and just destroy them at this point. Any lower and they'll start attracting "value conscious" parents who buy them for toddlers, return them broken minutes later, and post bad reviews blaming everyone but themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sup3hobo

Sup3hobo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This could be a first mafex figure for me. Ratchet joints? Yes please! Significant weight for an all plastic figure @ 920grams? Pretty hefty there. Color me impressed.

10. infinite_virtue

That's a pretty promising video review. I'd definitely want to pick it up too after seeing that. The price is still a bit steep for me though so I'll probably get it if it ever goes on sale. It's size is so big I don't know if I can fit him into my Marvel display. Haha.

11. Pudglor Shmormuff

Pudglor Shmormuff Well-Known Member

My Mafex Mark 45 is on the way- so I'm pretty excited to receive it. It does look pretty cool, despite the fact that it does have some design flaws- like the gap in the back when the stomach is tilted forward super-far- that's unattractive- but whatever: It's Iron Man, and being a big fan I can let that go. Anyone have links to in-depth gallery reviews on it? I'd like to find an in-depth gallery review of it, but so far I haven't found one.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
  13. Slave IV

Slave IV more wealth than you can imagine!

Meh, I'm fine with the BS version and if it does come out, the SHF will probably be better and cheaper anyway.

14. infinite_virtue

Mafex head sculpts still don't look as good as the promo pics so I'd probably wait for reviews of any Mafex figures before buying now. One reason why I haven't pre-ordered Rey yet even though she's a must have for me.

15. Soupy

Soupy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still hate the how they attach the shoulder pads on the torso instead of the shoulder like SH Figuarts. It maybe more accurate but it doesn't work well for action figures. I made and exception and bought the ESB Boba Fett though.

16. Slave IV

I haven't had time to take pictures lately but had to get a couple quick shots of Mafex Kylo Ren after I just got it. I was starting to feel regret ordering it since Mafex hasn't had the greatest reputation, my own experience and mostly, and especially all the pics showing the seemingly extremely poorly molded scarf.

So positively surprised when I opened mine to see that the scarf and the rest of the figure has the best mold I've seen for the character in 1/12 form. They match the pattern of the cloth almost perfectly and the weathered edges look so real. My pics don't do it justice either but at least it looks better than all the official pics I've seen so far.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Studio lighting or any strong light seems to make the scarf look much worse on camera but in person, it really looks real and very well matched. I feel like there had to be a change from the official pictures to the released figure because the scarf looks like a fisher price quality detail mold in the pics shown everywhere else.

If you look at the eyes in the closeup, you can also see that there is mesh molded in there as well. Amazing detail!

Oh wait, I also just noticed the horrible crease down the center of his forehead. WTH? Oh well, that just brought it down a notch but still, I was really impressed with the figure and still think it's the best 1/12 Kylo Ren.

17. optics

optics Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  18. infinite_virtue

19. supervir2

supervir2 Feels like the kid in Big everyday.

News Credits:
    I'll probably swing both the MAFEX and SHF spider-man...will order on hlj though in case I change my mind.

20. Slave IV

Looks pretty good...No interest in MCU designs for me though.