Medals of honor or bravery

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by littlebotbrat, Oct 23, 2007.

1. littlebotbrat

littlebotbrat Well-Known Member

What would medals of honor and valour for decepticons/ preds and autobots/ maximals look like?

2. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In G1, Desertion of the Dinobots, Optimus presented a medal to Spike and Carly for their heroism. It was a plain disk with a red Autobot emblem on it.

I think the higher honours among the G1 guys at least was to have your own, personalised coat of arms / emblem. Skyquake had a Decepticon logo on a shield, with a thunderbolt behind it. Clench had a wolf head with a crosshairs over it, all set against a large thunderbolt. Both of them were described by their tech specs as Decepticon heroes, legends on the battlefield, the kind of character who would have earned the honour of their own sigil.

I've not seen any canonical sigils apart from the odd decal, though. It is something I like, when a Transformer or group of Transformers has their own "personal" logo. It gives the group some more personality than would otherwise be available.

3. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ohhh! That was a good one with regards to bringing up the part of Optimus giving Spike and Carly the gold medals! Its been so long since I watched that episode.

4. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

lbb u ask some wired questions!lol really i dont know use ur imagination cuse theres no real definative answer.edit.. It just came to me dhuuuuu there insignias!

5. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

For both groups, I can see there being no actual medals. The Autobots were, for the most part, almost pathologically opposed to being warriors. Medals and awards would have celebrated something they didn't believe in--instead, I think that the mutual respect of their comrades would have carried all the reward one could want.

For similar reasons, I can see the Decepticons not having medals either. For them, is was all about being a warrior. If you were good at that, you wouldn't need a medal to recognize it. Everyone would already know, and that'd be all you needed.

The medals in the G1 cartoon, to me, were just an attempt by the TFs to behave in an appropriately human fashion. A "When in Rome" kinda thing.

6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You got a point about medals being useless for the Autobots because of their belief against war but what about sports? In the FFOD, were medals handles out? I can't seem to remember.

7. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I think the Sharkticons crashed that party before the awards celebration.

8. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

I don't think Transformers use medals other than their interactions with humans. Medals seems rather pointless for a civilization that has been waging a civil war for most of its existence...where would they keep them?