Mechtech weapon pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Argentenoboy, Aug 1, 2011.

?

Would you want a Mechtech weapon pack

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Of course if Hasbro did do a weapons pack then people would probably complain the weapons were in the wrong colours for what they wanted. I wouldn't think if they did do packs they'd do various sets with the same weapons all in lots of different colours. I suppose they could all be in grey and black or something neutral so they'd match all figures. Or people could paint them if they wanted.

2. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But see, Thats MARKETING 101

Perfect example. Voyager Sentinal. To me, a pretty atrocious figure (save from TCrackers repaint) but a really NEAT Mechtek weapon. That mechtek weapon alone, could sway owners of the leader, to buy THAT version as well, selling more for the company.

A perfect example would be the Walmart BBPrime. Instead of Comettor, they could package 3 mechteks in there instead. THAT...I would buy NO problem. not that Comettor is bad, Hes pretty cool actually, cool enough it could have been packaged alone. But if you gave that Prime (if he could hold them) The fireburst Axe, The Voyager rifle, and something else...hell..that would be just WIN

3. grunge

grunge The TANK

News Credits:
    a weapon pack period, would be cool.

4. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    I like that idea. I want a Ratchet weapon to put on Voyager Ratchet without buying the deluxe.

5. P4ntless

P4ntless Deep Fried, Bacon Wrapped

I feel like the upcoming Deluxe Q/Wheeljack would be the perfect candidate for this. He's supposed to be the guy who invents all of the Autobots' nifty gadgets, right? It'd be awesome if he was sold for Voyager price but included a couple of extra mechtech weapons to spread around.

6. Warpshard

Warpshard Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the mech tech weapons,but I thinks some other people might like to see movie accurate weapons.Like they could make an Ironhide gattling gun set with small non-lockable modes.Or a little transformable Steeljaw to go with the Deluxe Leadfoot coming out soon.

7. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That would be a great idea.

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    I'd buy them if they were compatible with non-movie figures. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have enough toys for it to be worth getting them.

Can the regular Mechtechs fit in the hands of the earlier movie toys?

9. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd buy them.

10. SkyfiRe71

SkyfiRe71 Precursor

If it has Megatron's shotgun and Optimus' new big gun. THEN YES!

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Personally, I'd like a mix of weapons. Mechtech, Cyberverse weapons, plain weapons, Minicons, maybe even some PCC drones...
    But even then, I don't know if I'd actually buy them unless there was a "true" Transformer in there (well, I guess Minicons would count). I guess I'm very much one of those "whole package" types.

Mechtech all have 5mm posts, so anyone that can carry those can carry Mechtech. Wreckage, for example, is covered in 5mm holes - the hands, underside of arms, all of his wheels.

12. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    I would certainly buy one but feel confident there will never be one made because of weapon/accessory packs' poor track record at retail.

13. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    yes

14. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    Really? I wonder what the Prime toys are going to have because if they can carry these weapons then I would buy the packs like crazy!

15. changepas39

changepas39 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would like that and some clip weapons!

16. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Weapon kits at retail doesn't work well unless there's one or more toys attached to it. Retails strictly for kid consumption.

^ THIS.

They could just make collector packs and put on stores catered to adult collectors. They probably could probe sites like BBTS and TFSource to see how well weapon kits from third parties sell to see if it's a worthwhile experiment.

While I do think many of them are bulky piles of junk... There's a few nifty MechTech weapons I wouldn't mind having a few of. Ratchet's is easily one of the best of the bunch. One of the Wreckers has a neat Chainsaw. I think Sideswipe comes with a nice gun that has a neat blade reveal too. Those three I would like to get a few of...

Especially considering I wouldn't care to buy the figures themselves... =.

Honestly if they had a set of 6 Mech Tech weapons for 10 Bucks, I wouldn't mind getting it at all. For 15 Bucks I'd say that's pushing it quite a bit...

17. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    No I don't think Weapon packs would sell any more bit to 1985 Gi Joe - but if they made some more gift sets like they did in 2010 I'd love to see them come with say One Deluxe & One Cyberverse and then a bunch of Mech Tech or C-clip weapons.

Or perhaps even sell the Japanese moulds in different colour with their Mechtech weapons.

At Minimum it would be good to see Vortex and other characters who have unique weapons have those released in some way.

But then I'd also still like to see some more Minicon repaints too.

18. TCracker

TCracker R.I.P., 5/2019 Veteran

News Credits:
    My take on this -
    For the weapon packs to be available at retail seem to be quite impossible, looking at the economic standpoint.
    BUT if it is a store exclusive or some tie in with a popular brand of consumer goods, I can see that happening.

If at all Hasbro / TakTom decided to make the weapons pack available at retail, I would definitely welcome it.

At the moment, I am nuts about DOTM Voyager Op's mechtech gun. So much so I went and purchase multiples of it just for the gun. The extra Optimus figures I will use it for kitbashing. Heck, if I feel like it, I would just donate them all away. :) 

19. Rockdown

Rockdown Dream Commander

Ebay:
    Yep, his mechtech is a lovely piece of plastic crack.

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The only way I see this happening is if it is an online store exclusive such as BBTS. There's not enough of a market for it otherwise.