Mechtech weapon pack

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Argentenoboy, Aug 1, 2011.

?

Would you want a Mechtech weapon pack

1. Yes

78 vote(s)
    74.3%
  2. No

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  1. Argentenoboy

Argentenoboy Everything old is new again

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    OK, so after hearing about the recent theft of Mechtech weapons, I thought to myself

"Why not make a MechTech weapon pack that would be less expensive than a figure"

Think about it. It could have somthing like

2 Rachet guns
    2 Roadbuster guns
    2 Barricade guns
    2 Crankcase guns
    1 Megatron cannon
    1 Fireburst prime gun

It would cost between a Deluxe and a basic HA figure and might have exclusive colors (I.E. Roadbuster's gun could be Maron/Prime's axe could be green)

So what do you think? MechTech weapon packs a good idea? And if not, Why?

2. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Proud No Ma'amer!

I do not think its a bad idea to sell weapon packs but i question how well it would sell and if it would be profitable.

3. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd like to see weapon packs....but not the Mechtech stuff. For instance, I'd like to see packs that give figures like DOTM Voyager Ironhide and Megatron screen accurate weapons.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Accessory packs don't sell at retail anymore. Hasbro tried it with some Star Wars stuff around the second prequel, and even coming out during a MOVIE PUSH, the sets were severe shelfwarmers. Mattel tried it in 2K Masters of the Universe with the Eagle/Bat packs which didn't sell.

Consumers these days (according to those in the industry) want a "complete package" when they buy a toy every time. That is the core reason most toy lines have a figure packed with vehicles (except STar Wars, but they are always the exception because they sell so well).

I'm not ADVERSE to it, but outside of packing them with existing toys, I don't see how Hasbro would do it.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like it if they'd sell weapon packs. I wouldn't want them to use weapons that came with other figures, though. They should just make things like guns and swords, and use colors like black and grey, so they'd look good with most figures color-wise.

6. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    Maybe people would just steal those instead?

7. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Might be a market for them on HTS, but I gotta wonder about the price if it isn't made for mass distribution.

8. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I'd buy a few, sure, but I don't think it will ever happen.

9. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I don't recall why or when, but I'm pretty sure Hasbro hates weapon packs and blind packs.

10. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:

Good idea, not so good execution.

The list you listed above

1. Isn't what everyone wants
    2. Isn't going to be priced around 10$. That's a LOT of plastic
    3. We don't know (I don't know) enough about how their mold toolings are. Maybe the mechtechs goes with the same tooling as the figures. So this might not be possible.

That said, I'd rather they have new mechtech weapons in weapon packs. I'd also rather they sell them for 3-5$ each, but each only having a pair or 3 weapons. It gives people much more of a choice. Lumping 10+ weapons in one pack isn't gonna happen.

11. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd love a MechTech weapons pack, but I don't see it happening. The closest thing I see to a weapons pack are things like Recon Ironhide, though since MechTech weapons require multiple parts I only see it happening with regular weapons that may have 3mm clips.

12. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Brony

News Credits:
    I've said it before and I said it again....weapon packs are just unfeasible from a marketing POV.

GI Joe doesn't do weapon packs anymore, and McFarlane's Halo Reach armor packs are retailer exclusives, which I doubt will really sell. I've been in a hobby, the 1/6th scale hobby where weapon packs were something people really wanted, but it was just not possible for mass market. 3rd party boutique companies took up the torch, but it was often just one to three weapons for as much as 25-50 dollars.

The problem with weapon packs is that you're packing a lot of stuff into something that isn't guaranteed to sell. With a figure + mechtech you're at least selling a character that people might want, but that isn't the case for weapons. People who want weapon packs tend to be in the small minority of collectors. Think about how many people buy, and how many people REALLY clamor for weapon packs. It isn't much.

13. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Peace through Tyranny!!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would. I like Mechtek now.

What I think they should do, is package a certain figure, with 4-5 mechteks and sell it for $15-$20

14. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    well, for those who needs extras, I might have some eventually, later. As I brought too many of certain kinds. I spent over 150$ just for mechtech weapons already (not counting the figures)

15. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    Would make it easier on the swappers, they can just steal the whole pack outright. None of that silly, multiple trips to return it nonsense.

16. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I would like to see it treated like when a Voyager or Leader or whatever gets a special version released with a Legends or something extra boxed on the side. I remember my TFA Stealth Lockdown came with a couple of Legends inside the box. So same thing, just a couple of extra Mech Tech instead of Legends. Or when they do a Deluxe two-pack throw in a few extra Mech Techs and stick a few more quid (or dollars) on the price.

Considering Hasbro didn't do Drone-only packs for PCC even when people were crying out for them, I really doubt they'd ever do a separate Mech Tech weapons pack either.

17. Primewave

Primewave amiinterrupting

News Credits:
    I would like the idea of a mech tech weapons pack and I would buy them

18. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Ultimate Optimus should have come with a couple extra mechtech weapon.. its not like he dosnt have room for them.

19. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    What about Jolt's heavy pistol/cannon?

20. Rockdown

Rockdown Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I wish Hasbro would bring out mechtech weapons packs. It would save me from buying figures I don't want just to acquire their weapons. Sadly, it will never happen.