MechTech: Pretty Cool!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by AutobotSkids, Jun 2, 2011.

1. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

I really like the MechTech that the DotM toys come with. Right now my Rescue Ratchet from movie 1 is wielding Topspin's claw weapon, and Movie 1 Cliffjumper is trying out Roadbuster's gun!

Roadbuster has Ratchet's rack installed on his vehicle mode right now, lookin' pretty snazzy. :cool: 

All in all, I thought that the Mech tech would be lame, goofy looking guns that cost the toys their size and paint jobs? Ugh. But now that I have three DotM toys in hand, I love the MechTech and the way that other robots can hold eachother's weapons in vehicle and robot mode.

What do you think?

2. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

I think Mech-Tech is fantastic so far. Got Shockwave, Skyhammer, and Megatron. It seems that the Mech-Tech inclusion, draining plastic and design resources, as the new gimmick seems slightly responsible for the decrease in complexity of the new DotM figures as well, which is a plus for me since RotF was so very much like undoing the Gordian knot.

Plus, the whole "guns made of swords on guns of guns" idea really jives with me.

3. GPTF01

GPTF01 Well-Known Member

the only mechtech i like is shockwaves gun arm. the rest will just end up in a box

4. Stryker055

Stryker055 Josh Boyfriend

I love most of them. Skyhammer and Ironhide's were a bit meh, but those molds were full of disappointments for me. Megatron, Shockwave, Thundercracker/Roadbuster, Crankcase... they're all great.

5. bigkid78

bigkid78 I MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!

like primes'megs'shockwaves'roadbusters guns. nice little feture

6. AutobotSkids

Right now I have Universe Prowl holding Roadbuster's Chainsaw, looking like a BOSS.

7. megatronski

megatronski PURGE THE HERETIC

News Credits:
    ive got Dlx Starscream holding shockwaves and ironhides, it looks pretty cool.

8. Buster_Witwicky

Buster_Witwicky ALL HAIL KORROK

I agree, but it would've made more sense for the MechTech weapons that don't lock to start as a melee weapon.

Except for Ratchet's. Ratchet's is perfect.

9. shadow panther

shadow panther Mechanically Insane

News Credits:
    i got regular and nitro BB and i love the weapons, love them even more with the springs removed

10. AutobotSkids

Right now I have to fix Roadbuster's weapon...

11. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Me too, though I wish I would have knew that you could lock Megatron's weapon before I took out that spring. There are a couple pins in it that made it a pain...

This also has me excited to pull out old classic weapons to try out on these guys!

12. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I normally do not like over-sized weapons as they look out of place on figures, but the mechtech stuff has been rather good. They seem to look better on the Voyager sized ones than on the Deluxes, but still cool.

13. Roufuss

Roufuss Shots

News Credits:
    Mechtech would have been a lot better if most of the weapons locked into place without having to alter them.

That is the only disappointing thing for me so far.

They don't look nearly as bad as I thought they would when pictures first leaked.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Most deluxe Mechtech weapons only work because they don't lock, (save Starscream's which does lock) like Ratchet's saw or Crankcase's claw. The retracting is what makes the feature work. Even ones like Sideswipe where the gun flips out into a blade look ridiculous when the blade is extended for long periods of time. It's just awkward to look at. But as a flip-out bayonette that flips back it works for play. Like a quick-attack feature.

Even ones like Bumblebee's where it could work if it locked, still aren't hampered by it since again it can just be like a quick secondary mode instead of the primary.

I thnk MechTech is great. The gimmicks will always be there, at least now they've moved off the figure. Plus if you hate the guns on movie TFs, give 'em to your classic figs like the Wreckers or other characters that can use big guns.

15. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

they're great! Especially after you remove the springs from the deluxe weapons