Mechtech and Retools of Older Figures Ideas.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by MrSoundmeister, Apr 5, 2011.

1. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

I know the Gimmick isnt a well-liked gimmick by most,but after finding out that there will be Retools of older figures that use mechtech,i though i lay in a few that might get away well with the gimmick (Movieverse or not).

*By Myself:
    *The energon combiners-

I know the toys were repainted in the rotf and classics line but the reason being is that the mechtech mostly consist of Large weapons that transform into other weapons,or in this case a Arm or a Foot,Basically just replace the energon weapons with the new weapons. mostly the Aerialbots (A Weapon that should be compatible with both the Windrazor/Threadshot Mold and Terradive/Skyshadow Mold,that turns into a arm piece) and Contructicons (with a Retooled PCC Huffer as Mixmaster with a Cement Mixer that turns into a weapon of sorts to form some sort of back pack,and a weapon for Energon Steamhammer that turns into a chest piece that should be put in the vehicle mode threads which should be retooled.)

*Most Deluxe/Voyager Cybertron toys-

Reason Being? well,its a decent excuse to experiment around with making a weapon that turns into a configuration that haves a cyberkey-esque tab to activate the "Cyber key power" gimmick,so basically a Gimmick-Related Double-whammy,which can be a bad thing to most people's eye's but hey,a gun with a cyber-key tab might give more playability then a solid key-shaped piece.

*Energon Towline
    - This Toy might Work well with lots of Weapons,Besides the toy needing some upgrades leg articulation wise,the separate Base having about three additional 5mm ports,if the weapon works like his' original energon weapon.

i know its going to be a short-lived Thread,but lets try to think which figures would fit in with the new gimmick.
    so put in your thoughts and ideas

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    kinda off topic but does protector have 5mm points. he can use the guns in robot mode. I also like the idea of the mech tech weapons turn into body parts for combiners instead of an alternative weapon.

3. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

Your idea for the Energon combiners sounds like PCC to me. Not that I would mind that.

4. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah,Combiners are rather nice things to have,Mechtech might work for combiners well,considering the mayor ammounts of BFG's.
    and about the protector thing,im not sure to be honest,i dont own a protector hotrod upgrade set,sadly.

Yeah,it does have its Similarities,still,i guess if they change up the ArmConfiguration for the Scout limbs to give the Arm more Articulation,then it would be good,it' be like that fansproject,only more gimmicky and not as much "hey we must get no matter what" factor, but who knows really,but yeah,suggest away i guess.