Mech Warrior 5?

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Blitz., Jul 8, 2009.

1. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    being teased around the net is this video apparently it could be the first mech warrior game in a long long time

Link

frankly... I want it bad. I loved MW4 even if I was a total a$$ and spent most of my game just grabbing the biggest mech I could and fitting it out with as many missiles as I could lay my hands on and just spent whole game just spamming the other team.

2. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, it's time to bring out a new MW game. I have fond memories of the last, I might break it out again :) 

3. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The first MW for the Xbox beat the living shit out of me, but like a glutton for abuse, I still loved it. Haven't played one since, but it's a solid series.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

I wanted to say somthing on this but I'm still skeptic about it. There are three 10 second videos rolling around on the internet showing Mechs doing stuff. In that video the link has showing, some people say that the flags on the street lamp bear the emblum of the Federated Suns, aka House Davion. There hasnt been any offical word yet on what these videos mean.

I would love for it to be Mech Warrior 5 and it makes me wonder what part of the time line the game will be in. So far the Mech Warrior games have been in chronological order. Even the MechAssault games even took place at a certain point in it's history, during the Word of Blake Jihad.

5. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey what was the old SNES game with Mechs in it? I remember an awesome Mech game for the SNES that was very wing commander like, with off missions visits to base where you could interact with other characters and move their stories along. I would really love it if they brought that back to the Mech world.

6. DaggersRage

That was also titled MechWarrior. You played as a nobile who's family was killed by mercenaries and you basically hunted them down for revenge. I think the game was set during before the clans arrived.

7. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    I only want two things from this title. Proper sim-style gameplay, not the shootyshooty arcade gameplay of Mechassault, and the lady's voice that says "Satellite link: established" when your mech powers up at the beginning of a mission.

8. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Had a blast with that game. I bought a twopack that came with that game and a Mechwarrior novel. So is this the same universe as the Xbox Mech Warrior?

9. DaggersRage

Kinda. I dont know what the story of the first MechAssault is other than you're a member of the Wolf Dragoons fighting against the Word of Blake, who at the time has got totally ape shit crazy and has been launching nuclear weapons left and right, trying to cleanse the galaxy with holy fire. I've played MechAssault 2 and the gameplay is fun, but the story was kinda lame and getting out of control.

It could be the same universe, but I'm guessing the time line between the SNES MechWarrior and MechAssault are many years apart.

10. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    if it is finally legit, then hells-yeah. I'm a fanatic for the PC Mechwarrior games. I hated how he Xbox games gave you zero weapon or mech customization, which to me is a staple of the series, seeing as it started as a RPG board game just the same as D&D and others.

11. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    My understanding is that the license is back in the hands of some old FASA guys who created a new studio. IGN posted that they have an exclusive interview with them on Thursday about these trailers and what the future of Mechwarrior might be.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2009
  12. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Was FASA Shadowrun?

13. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yes.

14. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Great, another game Daggersrage can completely own at.

NO THANK YOU, SIR!

(What I really mean is YES PLEASE.)

15. DaggersRage

I dunno what you're talking about TT. :p 

Oh yeah, to correct myself from what I said earlier about WindCharger's question if the SNES MechWarrior and MechAssault are in the same universe, yes they are in the same universe but they're in two completely different eras.

I hope that if this is a new MechWarrior game, I hope it takes place during the Dark Age. That's the semi-current story arc that's going on in the MechWarrior universe and battlemechs are a bit of a rare item. A lotta armies had to convert construction mechs into war machines, like this one!

[​IMG]

Imagine that running right at ya! They didn't work as good as a real battle-mech but still could do some major damage.

16. Noizemaze

Noizemaze Ken

News Credits:
    RIP Clicky-Tech.

I miss playing Mechwarrior. I've still got a box of figures that I don't have any current use for.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Dagger's Rage does = Ownership for the most part.

Damn, I wish Fasa had made Shadowrun into an RPG like the old Genesis game. I was so disappointed with that game.

18. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

Correction. A lot of the armed militia groups that rose up during the blackout used upgunned Industrials. The real militaries still used actual Battlemechs, for the most part. :D  Industrials were the Battletech universe equivalent of the Technicals of today.

In any case, I'm just glad that we got ANY sort of new Battletech Universe game. Considering one clip has a Davion sunburst, and another clip has a Jenner, I find it hard to believe it's NOT Battletech related. Toss in the interview by Smith and Tinker, current holder of the Battletech electronic gaming rights...if it ISNT Battletech related, this is one major con job. :) 

You should see the Battletech forum. They're currently going through the TRO's with a fine tuned comb, trying to ID which mech that foot is from. :D 

19. DaggersRage

Blah blah blah, try explaining that to the bunch who dont know the details. :) 

20. Razorclaw

Razorclaw Are ya gonna draw pistols

What happened to Assault Tech?